• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well irving and jordan aren't delivering a ring to brooklyn next year unless they sign a 4th star...once durant is back, depending on how close to 100% he is and assuming he stays injury-free, they will probably be contenders in 2021...since the lakers lost out on walker, i guess there may be a reunion with russell now that the nets don't want him anymore...next year will be the first time in a long time that there won't be a clear-cut favorite to start the season...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Man the Warriors really have made it hard for themselves with this sign-and-trade. They're gonna lose all of their restricted guys because of it (might be able to keep 1?). Russell isn't worth it, even if they can flip him on in the future.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I'd be baffled if it turns out they didn't seriously try to snag a rotation player or two in the deal. Durant's Bird rights will help the Nets quite a bit, so this seems rather lopsided right now.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'd be baffled if it turns out they didn't seriously try to snag a rotation player or two in the deal. Durant's Bird rights will help the Nets quite a bit, so this seems rather lopsided right now.
The problem is that because of the sign and trade they'll be hard capped at the apron. Leaving them 18m in cap space to fill 8 roster spots. The hard cap cannot be exceeded for any reason. Even if they got some rotation guys they're going to be too expensive.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the lakers have one final, small chance to become a contender for next season, if they get kawhi...i don't think it will happen, i think he will stay in toronto...meanwhile the knicks come up empty again...but they can always get carmelo back at a discount rate of course...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the west is going to be even more competitive next year...actually the talent is much more evenly distributed now with no super teams...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The clippers just became the best team in the west...paul george escaped from westbrook’s clutches...two team-first stars leading them now...

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Toronto had a real chance to repeat if Leonard had stayed...pity...in other news, the Lakers adding Danny Green in addition to Jared Dudley...two solid vets...they still need a decent PG and a whole lot of additional depth to contend next season...

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
do we have 8 teams better than them in the west though?

lakers, clippers, rockets, jazz, nuggets, blazers...who else? the thunder without george...i doubt it...the pelicans are still untried and untested...golden state still has curry and green and now russell, as long as they put together a decent supporting cast, they should still make the playoffs...and if thompson comes back early, they should be competitive in the playoffs...

Last edited: