• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Regarding injuries in general, load management will be much more common going forwards I think.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I just don't think the Warriors get to cry about losing Durant. You already had the best team in the NBA and then you add the best player on top of that. It's kinda ridiculous.

They also had their share of luck when they won all their titles too - plenty of injuries to the opposing teams. Nothing like losing Durant and Klay at the same time but still.

They also weren't as dominant in the regular season and messed up their load management too.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bad enough they lost them during the series, the fact that they're both probably out for the majority of next season is brutal.

None of it even happens maybe if they were actually a bit better and swept the Clippers like they should have.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

I mean, KD was having to do way too much in a first round series wasnt he? Not a massive stretch to say it contributed in some way.

OverratedSanity

Klay's was a freak injury because of an awkward landing. KD's wasn't what I'd class as a freak injury. It could've been the result of an excessive workload, yes.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I just don't think the Warriors get to cry about losing Durant. You already had the best team in the NBA and then you add the best player on top of that. It's kinda ridiculous.

They also had their share of luck when they won all their titles too - plenty of injuries to the opposing teams. Nothing like losing Durant and Klay at the same time but still.

They also weren't as dominant in the regular season and messed up their load management too.
they were not crying/whining about losing durant...?

but you are right, kawhi getting injured in the conf finals game 1 vs the spurs in 2017, the cavs losing love and then irving in game 1 in 2015...both big breaks that went their way...

duffer

They basically sold the farm for him though. If Davis bolts after next season, the hilarity would be unparalleled.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
if they get kemba too, they will be in the short list of true contenders for next season (assuming they also get some good 3 & D players to complement the stars) but long term, this sets up the pelicans very nicely with the imminent arrival of williamson...i would give new orleans the edge in this trade given l.a also traded their no: 4 pick and they still have holiday...the lakers are paper-thin right now with more or less no one after james, davis and kuzma...

social

Woj is reporting that they can´t get Kemba or any other max player due to timing of AD deal unless they move more things around

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
They'd need to wait until July 30 to consummate the trade if they want to have enough room to sign a 6-9yr max (around 33m I think?). If they do the trade after the moratorium is lifted on July 6 (which would be preferable for the Pelicans) then they'll only have around 20-23m.

They'll be the shallowest team in NBA history if they sign Kemba/Kyrie/Butler. They have 3 rotation players at the moment, and none of them are guards. They need so many players.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
They basically sold the farm for him though. If Davis bolts after next season, the hilarity would be unparalleled.
yeah if they can't contend next season because they couldn't get another star or because of the lack of depth or whatever, and he jumps ship...they are probably sunk for the next several years...