• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
OKC need to blow it up.

That Nuggets-Spurs series is so much fun and I am looking forward to the next round on that side of the Western Conference draw

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, that was amazing from Dame!

Higher than Westbrook? Of course.
oh i agree...the triple-double machine is one of the most inefficient elite players i have ever seen, if he doesn't change his habits radically and there has been no indication that he will, the ceiling for his teams will always be limited no matter who else he plays with...i know george had a chance to leave this season and he stayed but i still feel bad for him...

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tier 1:

Giannis
Durant
Lebron

Tier 2:
Harden
Steph
Kawhi

Tier 3:
Embiid
Davis

Tier 4:
Kyrie
Dame
George

Kawhi is very very close to Tier 1 imo and would be if he actually bothered to play more games. Embiid and Davis are the most difficult pair to split, but even disregarding the fact that Simmons forces him to the perimeter sometimes, Embiid still takes a few too many 3s for my liking, and he's also pretty turnover prone at times.Davis just doesn't seem to have any obvious weaknesses, just hasn't had the chance to show it in the post season this year. It's his own fault that he hasn't, but still.

Kyrie imo has gone from overrated a few years ago to highly underrated today imo. For a smaller guy, his ability to play through contact and handle physical defense is something even a few superior players dont have. Probably the best of the Tier 4 bunch.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
harden has spectacular stats (if you overlook his usage and shooting % numbers) and will likely be a repeat mvp this season but for me he is still significantly overrated...i would rank giannis, lebron, durant, steph, kawhi all ahead of him at this point...and giannis is the true mvp this season as far as i care...

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
is this really true especially this season with embiid, davis (when he was playing), nurkic, jokic et al playing such vital roles for their teams?
Yes. A centre cannot single-handedly change a team's fortunes close to as much as a guard or a wing. They don't touch the ball enough in the open court and cannot break down defences in a way that changes the game. Defensively they are by far the most important position, but even with the renewed interest in defence, offence is still much more important.

Also, value over replacement level for centre in much lower than at other positions, which is another large factor in their depressed value.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'll do it anyway..

1. Kevin Durant
  2. Giannis Antetokoumpo
  3. LeBron James
  4. Steph Curry
  5. James Harden
  6. Kawhi Leonard
  7. Damian Lillard
  8. Anthony Davis
  9. Joel Embiid
  10. Kyrie Irving
  11. Paul George
  12. Nikola Jokic
  13. Chris Paul
  14. Karl Anthony Towns
  15. Russell Westbrook
  16. Draymond Green
  17. Ben Simmons
  18. Jimmy Butler
  19. Klay Thompson
  20. Rudy Gobert
  21. Bradley Beal
  22. Victor Oladipo
  23. Blake Griffin
  24. Demar DeRozan
  25. Jrue Holiday
  26. LaMarcus Aldridge
  27. CJ McCollom
  28. Luke Doncic
  29. Khris Middleton
  30. John Wall
  31. Al Horford
  32. Mike Conley
  33. Kemba Walker
  34. Kristaps Porzingis
  35. Donovan Mitchell
  36. Pascal Siakam
  37. Devin Booker
  38. Clint Capela
  39. Kyle Lowry
  40. Tobias Harris
  41. Jayson Tatum
  42. Kevin Love
  43. Jamal Murray
  44. Danilo Gallinari
  45. Andre Drummond
  46. Eric Bledsoe
  47. Gordon Hayward
  48. Lou Williams
  49. D'Angelo Russell
  50. Jusuf Nurkic

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Looking forward to the critic of the list. Gary Harris was my next pick. Boogie, Millsap, LaVert, Gasol, Vucevic, Richardson, Porter etc were in the mix. At one point I thought I was favouring the East too much, but it ended up (I think) 28 Western Conference and 22 East.

Anyone completely wrong? I know DCYE will think Klay is too low. John Wall was kind of hard to rate..

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nah I think Klay is pretty good there, Klay is a great player but he doesn't really create offence in a way I'd call elite. But he's also never really had the chance to either, I guess.

I might take a look later but just on cursory glance I'd say Westbrook is far too high (sub-50TS% on 33%+ usage for two seasons, yuckkk) and I'd have Gobert much higher. I don't think you can put Kristaps on the list at all at this point, by the time you see him on a court again he won't have played for nearly 2 years and he's on a completely different team. Other than that I don't have any quibbles.

OverratedSanity

My list wouldn't beuch different except I'd have griffin and Bledsoe higher and bump draymond down a few spots. I don't think he's been anywhere near as good as before even on defense this season.

Bledsoe imo is milwaukee's second most important player.

OverratedSanity

Tough to really evaluate guys like Hayward too. He's clearly better than what he's shown this season but it's difficult to give him a high ranking until he actually plays like it again.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
You are probably right. It doesn't really make that much sense leaving out Boogie whPorzingis is on there.

It definitely isn't easy, hard to please all. I'm pretty happy with where I have placed Blake. I can't see any legitimate reason to place him ahead of anyone in the top 20 and I watch a lot of Blake who had an excellent season.

Bledsoe is definitely playing excellent but I want/need to see him perform in a meaningful playoff series first. Does anyone else think Siakam is the Raptors second guy, or is it Lowry?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
they have been shaky all season...and definitely look beatable...if they go through to the semis, and chris paul stays healthy for the entire series, i think houston has a very good chance of beating them...

OverratedSanity

That was an odd ending. No idea why the spurs didnt foul Series went pretty much how I expected though.

2nd round predictions:

Sixers vs Raptors- Raptors in 6
Bucks vs Celtics- Celtics in 7

Nuggets vs Blazers- Nuggets in 6
warriors v Rockets- Rockets in 7

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
GSW (7) v Rockets - Wanted to take the Rockets in 6 and might have if I was clearer on just how bad the ankles of Steph and Klay are.
Nuggets (6) v Blazers - They will actually miss Nurk here, though I wouldn't be stunned if the Blazers did it.

Bucks (5) v Celtics - I believe.
Raptors (5) v Sixers - I don't believe.