• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
knicks continue their tradition of making "fantastic" trades by sending porzingis to dallas...i guess they are going to rebuild the rebuild process...

Cow

Banned
knicks continue their tradition of making "fantastic" trades by sending porzingis to dallas...i guess they are going to rebuild the rebuild process...
Porzingis is always injured. And now they have room for 2 max contracts.

Theoretically the Knicks could have 2 of Durant, Kyrie and Leonard... + possibly Zion Williamson
.. but, who knows... they are so badly managed they'll probably end up with F all.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How protected is the 2nd first round pick that the Knicks get? I don't love the deal for either team but I would give it to the Knicks slightly as I like DSJ and you never know with KP's injury.

I have to say I think that the East All Stars were spot on. I saw a few people suggest Andre Drummond get a bench spot - it hasn't been deserved.

For the West there were a few debatable selections. I would have liked to have seen Luka get a spot but you can understand why Aldridge, Klay got selected instead.

Where does everyone expect the Brow to go?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I answered my own question, the second first rounder in 2023 is top 10 protected.

the brow wants to be with bron right? so i guess that's where he is going eventually...
I'm not certain about that. I know the Rich Paul link will made Lakers a popular favourite, I just don't see it mainly because I don't think the Lakers have a good enough player to give back to the Pels. When I say good enough, I mean right now, not on potential. Perhaps a 3 team trade could help make it happen.

How about:

NOP
CJ McCollom
Kyle Kuzma
Ivica Zubac

LAL get
Anthony Davis

Portland get
Brandon Ingram
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Portland
Dame-KCP-Ingram-Aminu-Nurk

Pels
McCollom-Jrue-Kuzma-Mirotic-Randle

Lakers
Lonzo-Hart-Lance-LeBron-Davis

Throw in a pick if you think it's terrible for any team.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In a vacuum I think it's a pretty good deal for the Knicks.
Is it really though? They've essentially traded away porzingis as a sweetener for a salary dump. Getting only Denis Smith and picks is kinda meh imo, surely you aim to get more for such a promising young player, though obviously injured.

I don't think it'll matter much as long as they get two big free agents,

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Is it really though? They've essentially traded away porzingis as a sweetener for a salary dump. Getting only Denis Smith and picks is kinda meh imo, surely you aim to get more for such a promising young player, though obviously injured.

I don't think it'll matter much as long as they get two big free agents,
Porzingis is great but a little overrated, IMO, and I rate DSJ higher than most. Porzingis also seems like a bit of a headcase, though that could be nothing more than rumour.

First round picks are worth their weight in gold right now, an unprotected one is basically unheard of. The Mavs might be good in 2021, they might not be. They essentially have two players for next season and we don't even know if one of them will be good, or willing to stay. The recent lottery reform helps their chances as well. A second one, even with top 10 protections, is a big sweetener.

In any case it's quite obvious that Porzingis was not going to stay there. He was gonna take his qualifying offer (another sign of him being crazy, that is literally burning money) and then leave as a UFA. Nobody out there was going to give them more than two first rounders, especially an unprotected one. If I had any faith in the Knicks ability to draft (I have zero) I'd be all for this trade. It's a huge risk from Dallas, mortgaging their ability to get better through the draft for a player who hasn't seen a court for 12 months, and won't for close to 20 months if reports are to be believed. Guys of Kristaps size don't exactly have a great history with leg and lower body injuries, either.

Cow

Banned
I answered my own question, the second first rounder in 2023 is top 10 protected.

I'm not certain about that. I know the Rich Paul link will made Lakers a popular favourite, I just don't see it mainly because I don't think the Lakers have a good enough player to give back to the Pels. When I say good enough, I mean right now, not on potential. Perhaps a 3 team trade could help make it happen.

How about:

NOP
CJ McCollom
Kyle Kuzma
Ivica Zubac

LAL get
Anthony Davis

Portland get
Brandon Ingram
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Portland
Dame-KCP-Ingram-Aminu-Nurk

Pels
McCollom-Jrue-Kuzma-Mirotic-Randle

Lakers
Lonzo-Hart-Lance-LeBron-Davis

Throw in a pick if you think it's terrible for any team.
So Portland dont improve at all.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
it's going to be a lot more open and unexpected than in recent years...that should hopefully make for many exciting contests...

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Playoff predictions :

GSW v Clippers : Warriors in 5

Nuggets v Spurs : Nuggets in 7. This one is definitely the most likely big upset of the round but denver's home court should be enough.

Blazers v Thunder: Thunder in 6. Would've liked to see Portland with Nurkic, obviously.

Rockets v Jazz : Rockets in 5. Pretty much the worst possible match up for Utah imo. Gobert getting switched onto Harden/CP3 will hurt badly

Bucks v Pistons : Bucks in 5. Would've been tighter with a fit griffin but now they probably get stomped by giannis.

Raptors v Magic: Raptors in 5

Sixers v Nets: Sixers in 6. This looks like a potentially really fun series.

Celtics v Pacers: Celtics in 6. Could've been the best series of the round if the pacers had Oladipo but meh.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Playoff predictions :

GSW v Clippers : Warriors in 4 (all the games will be close but...

Nuggets v Spurs : Spurs in 7. Not counting out Pop

Blazers v Thunder: Thunder in 5. No Nurkic, No fun

Rockets v Jazz : Rockets in 6. Harden scrapes Rockets through in brutal series

Bucks v Pistons : Bucks in 4. Don't see them matching the Bucks firepower at all

Raptors v Magic: Raptors in 5. With Magic winning game 1

Sixers v Nets: Sixers in 6. Looks like a banana skin for the sixers

Celtics v Pacers: Celtics in 6. Could've been the best series of the round if the Celtics had Smart

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
GSW (5) v Clippers
Nuggets (5) v Spurs
Blazers v (7) Thunder
Rockets (7) v Jazz

Bucks (4) v Pistons
Raptors (5) v Magic
Sixers (7) v Nets
Celtics (6) v Pacers