• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
right now i don't see a warriors 3-peat...too many teams that can give them a run for their money...but lots of time still left for them to reassert their dominance on the league...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i cannot recall a recent season in which there were so many strong teams in both conferences...and also where teams that were expected to do well like houston, boston and utah have faltered so far...should make for a much more competitive and exciting playoffs one would think...anyway that's the hope...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
right now i don't see a warriors 3-peat...too many teams that can give them a run for their money...but lots of time still left for them to reassert their dominance on the league...
this feeling is getting stronger and stronger...last year they coasted for large chunks of the regular season...this doesn't feel like coasting though, it does look like they are genuinely struggling and other teams are more confident against them...i think they need a healthy, well-integrated and in-form cousins (and obviously a relatively healthy rest of the group) to regain that edge...

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this feeling is getting stronger and stronger...last year they coasted for large chunks of the regular season...this doesn't feel like coasting though, it does look like they are genuinely struggling and other teams are more confident against them...i think they need a healthy, well-integrated and in-form cousins (and obviously a relatively healthy rest of the group) to regain that edge...
I don't think there's any one individual team that looks as good as last year's Rockets. A bunch of good ones who look strong, but no one really tough competitor with the consistency of that team imo.

They definitely look way weaker for sure though. Klay and Draymond have been flat out bad.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Draymond is still elite defensively but he cannot (and often just won't) shoot, which is a huge issue. If he's no threat to shoot it his PnR/GnG game with Steph, which made them so dangerous, is gone.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think there's any one individual team that looks as good as last year's Rockets. A bunch of good ones who look strong, but no one really tough competitor with the consistency of that team imo.
On paper yes but the improvement of Clint Capela this season really adds another dimension to their team IMO.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On paper yes but the improvement of Clint Capela this season really adds another dimension to their team IMO.
And now Clint is out for 6 weeks

Be interesting if they just snuck into the playoffs and played GSW in the first round

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
And now Clint is out for 6 weeks

Be interesting if they just snuck into the playoffs and played GSW in the first round
Harden is insane. WTF. This is crazy.

Still though you watch their defense and they're just switching everything, which is part of the reason he's getting away with such a high usage rate. I don't think that's sustainable in the playoffs but maybe I'm wrong.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
he is a great shooter and terrific at drawing fouls, that kind of volume shooting will catch up with you at some point though...also i don't think this approach will work in the playoffs where good defensive teams will be way stingier...and harden anyway has a history of disappearing in crucial playoff games...