• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a trade they needed to do yeah but it's gonna be a real struggle for Brown to get those three playing in a way they can win in the playoffs. Covington was their second best shooter and Saric maybe their third? (though he's been ass this season). They need to move Fultz+Picks for a good player who can shoot off the ball before he loses all of his value.
They spent a lottery pick getting him, so why spend another pick getting rid of him?

Korver will be available for next to nothing

Sixers will definitely be a contender to make the ECF but next year is probably when they can make real noise as they potentially have room for another near max player
For sure, maybe JR Smith also

This was never gonna work

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i think the way the thunder are playing this season so far is a very good example of the carmelo effect...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
golden state lose 4 games in a row...they are still only a game behind the conf leaders memphis(!) but this looks serious and completely shocking coming out of nowhere as it did...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
golden state lose 4 games in a row...they are still only a game behind the conf leaders memphis(!) but this looks serious and completely shocking coming out of nowhere as it did...
Steph out and Draymond missing games with injury really show up their lack of depth. I wouldn't be concerned if I was a Warriors fan unless Steph's injury was going to hang around.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i understand but don't know if it is just the injuries though...chemistry may be the bigger issue here...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
i understand but don't know if it is just the injuries though...chemistry may be the bigger issue here...
Take the two most important players out of any team and see how they work. There may be some personal issues but these people are professionals and I don't think it's much of an issue, especially when Draymond has barely been playing and Durant has been. Without Steph the have so little spacing on the floor, especially when one of Klay or Durant are on the bench. It's a big issue for them any time Steph isn't on the floor, just look at the splits.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah the chemistry thing isn't a huge issue.

IMO, Klay isn't the same player he was 2 years ago, and that's on both ends. I think it went a little unnoticed last year since everyone felt the team was so overpowered, but the fact that the Warriors floor is so much lower than 2017 is largely due to Klay not being the same. I assume Draymond's defense is hardly what it was back then too, even though I've admittedly not watched much of this season. They're more beatable than they've ever been.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
what the hell is wrong with the celtics this season? so much talent, so much depth and struggling at .500?!

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
what the hell is wrong with the Celtics this season? so much talent, so much depth and struggling at .500?!
Leading the league in missed wide open threes, refusing to take it to the basket on offense, Tatum trying to play like Kobe by hunting contested long twos. Gordon Hayward not being 100%. Basically a stagnant inefficient offense messing up with an elite defense.

Having said that except for last season's 16 game wining streak the Celtics under Brad Stevens normally take a while to get going during the regular season. The past 3 games are they are looking sharper and sharper.

But don't just take my word for it. Here is an analysis

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
some weird dynamics going on in the nba this season...oklahoma city leading the conference and houston second to last in the west!

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
some weird dynamics going on in the nba this season...oklahoma city leading the conference and houston second to last in the west!
OKC are that good? Been mostly paying attention to the Celtics growing winning streak of late

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
they are better than last year...westbrook is still westbrook for the most part but george is playing much better so far and they are certainly feeling the "carmelo bump"...