• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was off on Phoenix. didnt realize Payton and Len wont be there.

LAbron will take me a few days to process.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
LeBron to Lakers is meh unless they sign others as that roster won't take them anywhere - looks like a massively well paid lifestyle choice unless they gut the roster
if they get cousins and kawhi (without sacrificing all/most of their young assets), they will be contenders for sure...but yes unless that happens...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
From what I'm reading he won't even be on the court until January and he'll be coming back from an achilles. I wouldn't be surprised if he's done as an elite player.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah but he's replacing Javale. Even at 70% he'll be a huge upgrade.
It's an achilles injury on a guy who weighs at least 120kgs and is notoriously lazy. There's a chance he never jumps over a phonebook again. I'm not saying he's not an upgrade but he's not the old Boogie anymore, I would bet a lot on that.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Even if he gets back where does he fit in the crunch lineup? He can't defend and can't switch so he makes their defence significantly worse. On offence he takes the ball away from Curry and KD who are streets better and far more efficient. It's still insane and makes them much more formidable in the regular season if he gets back to somewhere close to his best, but I don't know how much better he actually makes them when it counts.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
They get his bird rights though.
This matters, however.

There's a reason he only took a 1yr tax-payer mid-level. There's more to the injury than we know. If he was looking good in rehab or if people were confident he was going to get back he'd have gotten a big deal. He didn't, so he's betting on himself. I hope he gets back cause Boogie is hilarious but I'd say it's probably more likely than not that he's done as a star.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
This matters, however.

There's a reason he only took a 1yr tax-payer mid-level. There's more to the injury than we know. If he was looking good in rehab or if people were confident he was going to get back he'd have gotten a big deal. He didn't, so he's betting on himself. I hope he gets back cause Boogie is hilarious but I'd say it's probably more likely than not that he's done as a star.
yeah this is what i was thinking, on paper it is an incredible acquisition for golden state but there is more than meets the eye here...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
so the lakers with lebron surrounded by stephenson, mcgee, deng, rondo, thomas and a bunch of kids...unless they get kawhi, they might barely make the playoffs but even lebron can't carry that team out of the west...