• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
social, what do you mean by have your wife record every game? Do you mean you've watched every televised game or you/your son has League Pass (which doesn't need recording). Basically are you saying you've watched all 78 Phili games this season. I'm a big Simmons fan btw, love the guy.

I can't wait for the playoffs tbh, I'm not confident of the outcome for many of the East series if the seedings remain, I guess I would be most shocked if the 6th placed Heat beat Cleveland in round 1.

The tank has been so BS this year, I've been reading and hearing lots about possible solutions am I yet to find one that addresses the problem suitably apart from my own idea which kind of addresses the problem.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
social, what do you mean by have your wife record every game? Do you mean you've watched every televised game or you/your son has League Pass (which doesn't need recording). Basically are you saying you've watched all 78 Phili games this season. I'm a big Simmons fan btw, love the guy.

I can't wait for the playoffs tbh, I'm not confident of the outcome for many of the East series if the seedings remain, I guess I would be most shocked if the 6th placed Heat beat Cleveland in round 1.

The tank has been so BS this year, I've been reading and hearing lots about possible solutions am I yet to find one that addresses the problem suitably apart from my own idea which kind of addresses the problem.
Apparently we do lol

I only pay the bills so what do I know

Anyway, great game between Sixers and Cavs with both Simmons and LeBron throwing up insane numbers

I don't think that the Cavs would be a factor with anyone but James leading the rest

In terms of tanking, teams in the east also seem to be doing it to get into another side of the playoff draw

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently we do lol

I only pay the bills so what do I know

Anyway, great game between Sixers and Cavs with both Simmons and LeBron throwing up insane numbers

I don't think that the Cavs would be a factor with anyone but James leading the rest

In terms of tanking, teams in the east also seem to be doing it to get into another side of the playoff draw
I am seeing an anticlimactic Eastern Conference playoffs. One where the seeding forces a Raptors v. Cavaliers second round (which highly favors the Cavs) and then if Brad Stevens can somehow McGyvers a banged up Celtics past the Wiz/Bucks and 76ers we end up with a hopelessly one sided beat down in the ECF, before the Cavs come unstuck against either the Rockets of Golden State Warriors.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am seeing an anticlimactic Eastern Conference playoffs. One where the seeding forces a Raptors v. Cavaliers second round (which highly favors the Cavs) and then if Brad Stevens can somehow McGyvers a banged up Celtics past the Wiz/Bucks and 76ers we end up with a hopelessly one sided beat down in the ECF, before the Cavs come unstuck against either the Rockets of Golden State Warriors.
Stevens is just about my favourite for COY but he'd have to be a genius to get the Celtics to the ECF

Heat/Sixers would both start favourites in the 2nd round and I'm not so sure that Boston even makes it past the first

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Dunno, reckon there's a few good series coming in the East. Should be a few OK series to get the playoffs started in the first round? Wiz and Giannis in the bottom half, a shaky Raptors in Playoffs.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Would be so tragic if the Twolves choked their way out of the playoffs on the last day of the season.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Wolves are in. Now will Kahwi show up in the playoffs and get Golden State Warriors working hard to defend their title from the get go?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1st round preditions:

West
Rockets vs Wolves
Warriors vs Spurs
Blazers vs Pelicans
Jazz vs Thunder

East
Cavs vs Pacers
Celtics vs Bucks
Raptors vs Wizards
76ers vs Heat

If Embiid doesn't play, that matchup has the biggest possibility of a high seed getting knocked out. Can't see any other huge upsets... Rockets will eat the Wolves for lunch, and I doubt the Spurs even take a game off the Warriors.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Rockets in 6
Warriors in 5
Pelicans in 6
Thunder in 7

Cavs in 5
Bucks in 6
Raptors in 7
76ers in 5

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Rockets in 5. Wanted to pick a sweep but no Luc hurts the Rockets defence a lot.
Warriors in 7. This is gonna be a war IMO.
Blazers in 6. Pelicans are a big chance here though. Blazers have really lost momentum since Harkless went down.
Thunder in 7. Home court decides this for me. I want Utah to win though.

Cavs in 5. Pacers will give a good showing of themselves though.
Celtics in 7. Bucks have the talent matchup but I just believe in the Celts more, even without their stars.
Raptors in 5. I believe.
76ers in 6. Think this is pretty decent matchup for the Heat tbh. Could make some noise.

MVP: Harden.
ROY: Simmons.
MIP: Oladipo, any other choice is just plain wrong.
6MOY: Lou Williams, as above.
COY: Dwane Casey. Toughest ballot of the lot.
1st Team: Harden, Lillard, LeBron, Giannis, Davis
2nd Team: Paul, Curry, Durant, Aldridge, Embiid
3rd Team: Oladipo, Westbrook, Butler, Simmons, Towns (could go any of Towns, Jokic or Gobert here IMO)

cbf defence and rookies.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've basically just picked the teams with the best player. I really feel like Thunder Jazz is going to be locked up at 3-3 and will end up being the best series of the first round.

I know everyone is saying Wolves are a big chance of being swept, I think Wolves will have some big moments and wont disgrace themselves.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I've basically just picked the teams with the best player. I really feel like Thunder Jazz is going to be locked up at 3-3 and will end up being the best series of the first round.

I know everyone is saying Wolves are a big chance of being swept, I think Wolves will have some big moments and wont disgrace themselves.
That's never a bad way to go in the NBA, especially in the first round. I agree about the Thunder v Jazz series.

I don't think they'll disgrace themselves either but they just don't have the tools to stop this Rockets team in any meaningful capacity. They'll be able to score but not enough.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
For your awards ballot, I agree with your first 4.

Coach is definitely tricky, I'll go Snyder just ahead of Stevens and Casey.

I started 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams but got too frustrated. So hard to rate the seasons of the guys who played in the 50-60 range (Steph, Kyrie, CP3, Gobert) with the others.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
For your awards ballot, I agree with your first 4.

Coach is definitely tricky, I'll go Snyder just ahead of Stevens and Casey.

I started 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams but got too frustrated. So hard to rate the seasons of the guys who played in the 50-60 range (Steph, Kyrie, CP3, Gobert) with the others.
Snyder was a very close second. I actually forgot about Kyrie completely, but I think I'm still good with what I chose.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Rockets in 4
Warriors in 6
Blazers in 7
Jazz in 7

Cavs in 6
Celtics in 6
Raptors in 6
76ers in 5

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
My All NBA teams

First Team
James Harden
Victor Oladipo
LeBron James
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Anthony Davis

Second Team
Damian Lillard
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Durant
LaMarcus Aldridge
Joel Embiid

Third Team
Russell Westbrook
Chris Paul
Jimmy Butler
Ben Simmons
Rudy Gobert

I feel bad for leaving out Steph.

Defensive team of the year.
Victor Oladipo
Josh Richardson
Robert Covington
Anthony Davis
Rudy Gobert

I might be missing something but surely Richardson is underrated here as I think he should get lots of top 3 votes this year.

Last edited: