• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Not sure Cavs got the better end of that deal. Lakers got off money for next offseason and got better as a team. Win/Win for them if they're serious about big moves this Offseason.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the cavs got younger and faster and at least on paper, defensively better as well...they don't need a ball-dominant point guard, everything runs through lebron anyway...it certainly won't be a cakewalk for them in the east but their chances became significantly better compared to 24 hours ago...

i agree about the money part but don't know if thomas in this form and frye make the lakers a better team...

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
i agree about the money part but don't know if thomas in this form and frye make the lakers a better team...
Clarkson is trash, I'd much rather have IT even in his rubbish form from this season. One of the most overpaid and overrated players in the whole league. Nance is a bit of a loss, though. Underrated impact player.

I don't really know if the Cavs got better at all. Hood isn't great off the ball, Hill has been worse than IT has been this year. Crowder has been poor by his Celtics standards but he's still a much better defender than anything they got back. It's probably a wash I guess.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Clarkson is trash, I'd much rather have IT even in his rubbish form from this season. One of the most overpaid and overrated players in the whole league. Nance is a bit of a loss, though. Underrated impact player.
yeah it is at best a wash on offense, defensively they are negatively impacted. they don't care about this season anyway so it doesn't matter to magic what they do for the rest of it..

I don't really know if the Cavs got better at all. Hood isn't great off the ball, Hill has been worse than IT has been this year. Crowder has been poor by his Celtics standards but he's still a much better defender than anything they got back. It's probably a wash I guess.
hill is still a significantly better defensive player than thomas, nance also makes them better defensively...again on offense it is not a significant improvement but defensively i think they got better...whether these changes plus the lebron factor is enough to get them out of the east remains to be seen...

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member

IT has been trash. He is a huge minus defensively, probably the worst player on that side of the game in the league. And he is scoring ****-all on awful shooting. Add the fact that he doesn't know when to STFU and the expectation he has of having the ball as much as LeBron and it was a must trade. You can minimise Clarkson's role and bench him and no one blinks. IT is a walking publicity nightmare if he isn't playing - all the stories would be about him.

I think the Cavs got better for what it will take to win the East but they're simply not beating this GSW barring some injuries or something.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Simmons with 6 triple doubles in a rookie season which is 3rd most ever

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
so unless something radical happens between now and the end of the regular season, looks like harden is finally going to get his mvp award...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Kawhi sooking about a smaller shoe contract offer than the other top players is one of my favourite stories of this season. Who'd have thought never doing media or public appearances and having the personality of a chunk of sandstone would make you less marketable as a player? What an idiot.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the rockets are going to top the west going into the playoffs...increasingly i don't see the warriors as prohibitive favorites anymore...houston vs boston/cleveland is a real possibility...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
and now durant is questionable with rib soreness...the warriors are really banged up going into the playoffs and it is not going to get easier...i don't see any issues with them getting to the conf finals even if they are limping but if houston stays healthy, i can see them winning the west and very likely the finals as well...