• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
not sure what the wolves really gained there...? having butler there can help lure other big names...?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Butler is a top 15 guy and they gave up an overrated Zach LaVine, a nothing in Kris Dunn and a 9 pick downgrade. It's a no-brainer. Whether Butler really fits with what they've got is another story, they now have zero shooters. You'd think they'd be trying to free room for one of the top PG's out there this FA period but I'm certain Thibodeau is gonna throw a pile of money at Derrick Rose and destroy this team haha.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Don't forget that the Bulls traded Jusuf Nurkic and Garry Harris for Doug McDermott. Then traded Doug McDermott, Taj Gibson AND a draft pick for Cameron Payne, Joffrey Lauvergne and Anthony Morrow. Then they traded their only asset in Butler for Kris Dunn, who's going to play Payne's minutes.

Competent.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Philadelphia and Sacramento are now high up on my league pass rankings after this draft.

I'm really not excited about Kennard joining the Pistons, can't believe we didn't go Mitchell (who went next pick) and gutted that Monk went a pick before.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Butler is a top 15 guy and they gave up an overrated Zach LaVine, a nothing in Kris Dunn and a 9 pick downgrade. It's a no-brainer. Whether Butler really fits with what they've got is another story, they now have zero shooters. You'd think they'd be trying to free room for one of the top PG's out there this FA period but I'm certain Thibodeau is gonna throw a pile of money at Derrick Rose and destroy this team haha.
I think that Rubio works well with the 3 stars as he's a fine distributor. The issue is at power forward where Dieng needs to go. I wouldn't mind someone like Ilyasova (who gets traded every other month) on a cheap contract.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I think that Rubio works well with the 3 stars as he's a fine distributor. The issue is at power forward where Dieng needs to go. I wouldn't mind someone like Ilyasova (who gets traded every other month) on a cheap contract.
Couldn't disagree more. You need someone who can shoot and play off the ball around Wiggins and Butler. Rubio's talents are with the ball in hand, and with Butler, Wiggins and Towns he's gonna be doing a lot of standing around without it. You can help off Rubio without worry, he's a historically bad shooter. I agree about Dieng as well, which is why they're not going be that good next year unless they make some serious moves.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Another problem is that he isn't even willing to shoot, so you risk nothing by leaving him alone on the perimeter.

Look at this ****.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
When LaVine was out injured, Rubio showed that he can shoot. Obviously picking a high-rated 3 point shooting PG like Lowry would work, but I am definitely more concerned with power forward.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
When LaVine was out injured, Rubio showed that he can shoot. Obviously picking a high-rated 3 point shooting PG like Lowry would work, but I am definitely more concerned with power forward.
Ever heard of small sample sizes? This article is a few years old now but is still relevant. Even with his improvements recently, he's improving from a historically bad place that it doesn't really matter. You need a very good shooter to play next to these guys. One who doesn't do his best work with the ball in his hand.

Like I said, I do agree that PF is also a huge issue for them, Dieng is one of the most overpaid players in the league at this point. The rumours last week of both Ryan Anderson and Patrick Beverley being available are where these guys should be going. Throw the house at that deal cause that solves both issues instantly. Anderson is bad money in a few seasons but that doesn't matter now you've traded for Butler with two years left. You gotta have a crack.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
cp3 to houston does this give the rockets enough ammo to challenge the spurs and especially the warriors? also i guess this means harden will go back to being a shooting guard?

Last edited: