• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
lebron temporarily came down to earth...it has been a rare occurrence, that's why we haven't seen more of that...:)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
kawhi and lee likely out game 4 as well...this has been a disappointing conf finals to say the least...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
"What a great story for Isaiah... Obviously not a great story about his sister"

Reggie Miller, ladies and gentlemen.
NBA commentary teams are the worst of any professional sport IMO. There's basically no good full-time comm teams barring a few of the local guys you get on League Pass and the backup team on TNT.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are a few individual commentators who I enjoy... Webber is pretty good, love Harlan, and Walton's rants are always fun (if you're in the mood). Find most of them much more tolerable than the majority of cricket's current commentary teams.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
There are a few individual commentators who I enjoy... Webber is pretty good, love Harlan, and Walton's rants are always fun (if you're in the mood). Find most of them much more tolerable than the majority of cricket's current commentary teams.
Marv is good but is paired with JVG and ****ing Mark Jackson (who is worse than Reggie imo). Harlan is the TNT backup team I was talking about, gets paired with Webber and Brent Barry who are both pretty good. The rest of them are awful and don't get me started on the studio teams.

In terms of cricket commentary I generally only find the Australian guys awful, the rest vary from meh to great for mine.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well both teams have been breaking all sorts of records the past 3 years, maybe they will find a way to "sweep each other"..:)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Can't be arsed looking up - when do Green, Curry and Klay come out of contract? Is the squeeze on next year or the year after?

Agent TBY

International Captain
Klay and Dray are signed through '19 and '20 (no player options either) respectively.

Curry will get the huge designated veteran max contract, but I'm not sure there's going to be much of a squeeze, really. They'll almost certainly have to let Iguodala go and hope Livingston signs an MLE, but there will be no shortage of ring-chasing vets willing to sign with them for the minimum.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I feel like Iggy is gonna stay on a massive discount, maybe for the taxpayers mid-level or something. He's made a lot of money and there's no better situation out there. There's basically no chance of Livingston coming back IMO, he has declined a lot, the Warriors have found a few young guys who can play backup minutes and his playmaking ability isn't needed as much anymore with Durant.

The severity of their issues will be heavily depend on whether Durant is willing to take less than his max this offseason. If he is then they will definitely keep Iggy, if not it might get dicey.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
GS will win the series. They have so many good players. If one fails, some one else is always there to deliver.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
nah..i am sure 'bron will repeat...and he won't need as dominant a performance as last year, plenty of help to be got from irving and love and a couple of key role players will also contribute significantly...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Do you think Cavs will win in 4/5/6/7? A lot of people I am hearing and reading think it's going to be GS and I think the same.