• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The concentration of players in two teams is dire.
I'm not going to pretend that the GSW and Cavs are not the best but the concentration question depends how you look at it. Cleveland have 3 players in the top 50 in the league - the same number as Boston, Utah, Clippers, Bucks It is just LeBron being LeBron that makes the difference.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not going to pretend that the GSW and Cavs are not the best but the concentration question depends how you look at it. Cleveland have 3 players in the top 50 in the league - the same number as Boston, Utah, Clippers, Bucks It is just LeBron being LeBron that makes the difference.
I'm not one of those who **** on Durant for going to gsw but the playoffs would've been so fascinating if he'd gone to say, Washington.

The only series I've really enjoyed so far have been Spurs - Grizzlies and Wizards-Celtics. More than the concentration of talent I think the number of blowouts (even in competitive series) and injuries that have made the post season a bit disappointing so far.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm not one of those who **** on Durant for going to gsw but the playoffs would've been so fascinating if he'd gone to say, Washington.

The only series I've really enjoyed so far have been Spurs - Grizzlies and Wizards-Celtics. More than the concentration of talent I think the number of blowouts (even in competitive series) and injuries that have made the post season a bit disappointing so far.
Yes agree with this, especially in the second round. Round 1 was good IMO - Jazz vs Clips and Bucks vs Raptors (plus Spurs Grizz), they were all good series.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The 3 in 3 is still on. I'm definitely going for the Celtics since I've made a bet with a mate that GSW is going to win the title (he went Cleveland). I think it'll be a close game 1.
61-39 at the half...:)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the celtics more likely to be swept though...the spurs will give the warriors a tough fight once leonard is back, i still think they have a small chance of coming back in this series...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah none of the teams in the east has a chance against the cavs when they are playing well...unless irving/love or lebron get injured, i think they will repeat...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
if they get blown-out at home, what chance do they have away? unless lebron drops his guard significantly and becomes careless or overconfident or something, i just don't see them having any chance at all of winning even a game...

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Don't follw the NBA that closely but how did the Celtics overtake the Cavs to top the conference? LBJ get insured?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't follw the NBA that closely but how did the Celtics overtake the Cavs to top the conference? LBJ get insured?
On the one hand the Celtics played most of their tougher games early in the season so they finished strong. On the other hand the Cavs really phoned it in esp on D in the final weeks. I mean since when did 53 wins make you a no.1 seed?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Lebron was playing careless and overconfident in these two games anyway. Was toying with them at times.
Well careless usually means turnovers, poor shot selection, bad D etc, essentially being inefficient...he was anything but...I agree with the toying bit...