Page 239 of 243 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 3638
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: ***Official NBA Thread***

  1. #3571
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    As a Mavs fan, the 2011 Finals was the greatest feeling of all time. But watching this has been an absolute joy as well.
    This makes it so much more impressive that Dallas took this team to 7.
    Fusion likes this.
    RIP Craigos

  2. #3572
    International Coach Ikki's Avatar
    Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Death Queen Island
    Posts
    12,482
    Feel sorry for Lebron. It was 1 v 5 out there. The rest of the team were garbage. He's been carrying them for 2 seasons, at least.

  3. #3573
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    He's been carrying them for 2 seasons, at least.
    Jeez..

  4. #3574
    Cricketer Of The Year Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    9,775
    what an awesome display by the spurs! beautiful basketball…lebron just didn't have any support, never thought much of bosh but it is sad to wade decline so much…makes you appreciate the even older spurs stars that much more...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!


  5. #3575
    International Debutant dermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,520
    didnt the heat put a lot effort into resting up wade throughout the season to have him ready for the finals to? must be a shame to get pretty much nothing out of him
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Dean Jones was my favourite player.

  6. #3576
    International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Get ready for a broken ****ing arm.
    Posts
    4,336
    Yeah he had like 30 games off and heaps reduced minutes. Couldn't happen to a better guy.
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

  7. #3577
    International Coach duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So appalled...
    Posts
    11,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Feel sorry for Lebron. It was 1 v 5 out there. The rest of the team were garbage. He's been carrying them for 2 seasons, at least.
    It's on Spo. How many plays did he run for Bosh? Why did he expect a clearly ageing Wade to be just as effective at Iso's? If they think Melo givingo them 25 points on 45% is going t help I'll piss myself.

  8. #3578
    International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Get ready for a broken ****ing arm.
    Posts
    4,336
    i understand your point but they would've killed for 25 points from anyone else in the series.

  9. #3579
    International Coach Ikki's Avatar
    Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Death Queen Island
    Posts
    12,482
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Jeez..
    Disagree? When it comes to the playoffs he basically has to do it all. Facilitate, score, and guard from 1-5 at times. It's gotten ridiculous that Wade and Bosh are still called stars.

    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    It's on Spo. How many plays did he run for Bosh? Why did he expect a clearly ageing Wade to be just as effective at Iso's? If they think Melo givingo them 25 points on 45% is going t help I'll piss myself.
    True, but, I think it's more than that. Look at the playoff and finals averages for those guys. They're...garbage. Leonard got no plays run for him and look what he was still capable to do...basketball IQ man. The bench also went missing this post season. All Miami have are names, if they could hit the reset button 3/4 of the players are gone.

    I don't think Melo is going to shoot 45% in the long run with them. He'll get efficient just as Lebron, Wade and Bosh did under Spo. But IMO they need a rebounding presence as much as they need another reliable scorer. I mean, it's getting ridiculous now...4 seasons without an interior defence is negligence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    i understand your point but they would've killed for 25 points from anyone else in the series.
    Exactly, they win game 1 and probably don't give up the lead in game 5 if they have someone even hitting at .450.

    Lebron's averages for the finals were: 28/8/4/2 on 57/52/79 ...those are brilliant figures. He was the best player in the series by far but clearly in the worst team but it will all be forgotten because his teammates couldn't help him...like at all.

    Having said all that...Spurs deserved it...they were amazing defensively and offensively. I'm not sure you'll see better shooting performances from a team again.
    Last edited by Ikki; 16-06-2014 at 07:00 AM.

  10. #3580
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,181
    Yeah look, the 'LeBron has no help' rhetoric works out this time around because a) Wade missed 30 games to rest and still sucked in the playoffs and b) as duffer said Spo doesn't know how to use Bosh, but to say he's been carrying them for 2 seasons at least is just disingenuous. LeBron had plenty of help in 2012 and only had to play out of his mind in maybe 2 playoff games in order to win it all. Last year there was a lot of Miami Cavaliers rhetoric from ESPN because we had seen Wade's slump starting and Heat struggling as a result. But the fact is Wade and Bosh, while not getting impressive numbers, demanded a lot of attention and made key plays when it mattered. He didn't have that in Cleveland so it was an unfair comparison and I remember bitching about it here.

    We don't need to look at the averages to see that Wade and Bosh were garbage this year, and I'm sure if there was ANY real competition in the East, Miami may not have made it to the finals. But duffer makes a great point that the coach has a lot to do with it. Kawhi ran around and put up great numbers because the system allows it and because the coach gave him the freedom. If Spo is going to park Bosh on the perimeter because he's more likely to make a three than the other two, how is it solely down to Bosh that he doesn't get the numbers you expect of him?

    Anyway, I actually really felt bad for LeBron last night and thought he acted very classy after the loss even through the press conference. The only way forward has to be to make Bosh a proper #2 to LeBron, I've always felt that would be the better strategy than having James and Wade taking turns running iso. Pick up a young 2 guard (no idea who's available) and have Wade come off the bench, but yeah, to Ikki's point, they finally finally need to try and fill the front court gap. No idea how they get that accomplished without trading Bosh or something.
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 16-06-2014 at 08:31 AM.

  11. #3581
    International Coach Ikki's Avatar
    Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Death Queen Island
    Posts
    12,482
    Whether it is Spo or not, a team that has 2 other players (Lebron apart) who could be 1st options on another team should not be heralded for doing what a 3rd/4th option in any other title challenging team can do. Bosh had 0 points in Game 7 last year and the Game 6 before only made a handful of plays (important plays but it should never come to that if he plays to his ability). Wade is inconsistent going from below average to above average every other game but that's not what should be happening with these players.

    2011 and to a lesser extent 2012 were the only seasons that they played together where the other two actually showed up most of the time. They lost 2011 because Lebron lost it himself, but from then on he's been the clear #1 while the other two have continuously faded. It's easy to see and it's even clearer when you look at some of the stats. The last two years playoffs stats for the big 3:

    2013 - 2014
    Lebron: 26/8/7 on 49/38/78 - 27/7/6 on 57/38/75
    Wade: 16/5/5 on 46/25/75 - 18/4/4 on 50/38/77
    Bosh: 12/7/2 on 46/41/73 - 16/7/1 on 52/34/82

    The funny thing is the stats this year are better than last year And this is a team that is not really deep, they rely on older players having a good series here or there. They need those guys to basically cover the scoring load since they are so top heavy. That's the whole point of the big 3 in this instance and they've utterly failed him. I wouldn't blame Lebron if he opted out.
    Last edited by Ikki; 16-06-2014 at 08:52 AM.

  12. #3582
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    The funny thing is the stats this year are better than last year And this is a team that is not really deep, they rely on older players having a good series here or there. They need those guys to basically cover the scoring load since they are so top heavy. That's the whole point of the big 3 in this instance and they've utterly failed him. I wouldn't blame Lebron if he opted out.
    That's because stats don't tell the whole story. They obviously had much more of an impact last year.

    Pacers 2012, OKC 2012, Spurs 2013. They picked up the slack when LeBron was shrinking and LeBron picked up the slack when they were. That's why LeBron wanted Miami, so when he gives up after having carried the team, the team can carry him. Unfortunately for them, he was completely shut down in 2011 robbing Wade of a potential finals MVP, and unfortunately for him they were completely shutdown in 2014.

    And again, if you watch the games you see how marginalized Bosh's role has always been. He's a PF turned into a spot-up shooter, what the **** do you expect him to do?

    BTW, the stats you posted are still very good help for anybody, granted you have a good coach and system.
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 16-06-2014 at 09:28 AM.

  13. #3583
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,181
    Anyway, we all know the real reason Heat sucked. This was Wade's revenge.

  14. #3584
    International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    Posts
    4,110
    What if one or more of the Big 3 gets dumped in a draft day deal? You, maybe Bosh for Lin and Asik? Anyway, the Spurs seem to fit so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    All these Broad fans are no doubt Kohli fans too. Fans of tosspot wankers.

  15. #3585
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,181
    Quote Originally Posted by andruid View Post
    What if one or more of the Big 3 gets dumped in a draft day deal? You, maybe Bosh for Lin and Asik? Anyway, the Spurs seem to fit so well.
    I'm in Chicago mate.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •