• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Am I right in saying the Lebron James is better at power forward than Kevin Love for the current Cavs roster, and they should probably sell him for a bunch of up and coming 3 and D types to boost their offense-defense balance?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Wiggins suit Cleveland now better than Love does?
Tempting to say, but his 3 pointer is not quite there yet, and aside from scoring he has not quite developed any other aspect of his game to fit in the win now mode of the Cavs. Maybe Trevor Ariza? Nicloas Batum? heck even Courtney Lee?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Am I right in saying the Lebron James is better at power forward than Kevin Love for the current Cavs roster, and they should probably sell him for a bunch of up and coming 3 and D types to boost their offense-defense balance?
There aren't enough 3 and D guys in the league to get a "bunch" of them for Love. Especially as his value is as low as it's ever been, though he has a pretty good contract. Maybe the Celtics would give up two wing guys for him, but honestly, unless they offered you Crowder+Bradley (which they obviously wouldn't) I wouldn't take an offer from them.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Obviously Wiggins wouldn't have had the chance to develop as much on a team hunting the title straight away either.

There's also been a heap of changes to the Cleveland roster since the original Love trade, but does Wiggins need to shoot the three if you have him with James/Irving/Smith on the floor? (yeah, probs...)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
There's also been a heap of changes to the Cleveland roster since the original Love trade, but does Wiggins need to shoot the three if you have him with James/Irving/Smith on the floor? (yeah, probs...)
Yes, if you have someone on the court that can't shoot the three at a decent rate then you can help off them. It basically collapses the whole offence.

In related news, I actually think Wiggins is vastly overrated, especially in mainstream media. He literally does nothing well other than score the ball, and he doesn't even do it efficiently. He was awful on defence this year as well. He has a massive ceiling on his potential but he hasn't been as good as made out. After the late season stretch Jabari had this year I think those two are a hell of a lot closer than people think.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yes, if you have someone on the court that can't shoot the three at a decent rate then you can help off them. It basically collapses the whole offence.

In related news, I actually think Wiggins is vastly overrated, especially in mainstream media. He literally does nothing well other than score the ball, and he doesn't even do it efficiently. He was awful on defence this year as well. He has a massive ceiling on his potential but he hasn't been as good as made out. After the late season stretch Jabari had this year I think those two are a hell of a lot closer than people think.
Yeah, as I was running through it in the post, was thinking that he could only really play minutes in small ball line-up with Thompson off and/or taking Shumpert's minutes but you then lose out on D. Hence the (yeah probs...)

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reading some mock drafts saying Buddy Hield is being touted to go as low as 6. Oh god how I'd splooge if he dropped to us at 7.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
curry wasn't close to his best in last year's finals...looks like he has been even worse in this year's series...weird...any team (even one as deep as the warriors) absolutely need their stars to shine in road games...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
curry wasn't close to his best in last year's finals...looks like he has been even worse in this year's series...weird...any team (even one as deep as the warriors) absolutely need their stars to shine in road games...
He was pretty good in game 2. 18 points in 24 minutes at an extremely high efficiency. But yeah, would largely agree with your point.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
right...he was efficient in game 2 but it was still not anything close to a typical curry game...neither he nor thompson has scored 20 points in a game so far...have a feeling that will change in game 4 though, he is due for an explosive outing with an avalanche of 3s...and they need him and klay to do that if they want to win one on the road...else cleveland will go back to oakland with significant momentum...regarding last night's performance...looks like they have lost game 3s in their last 5 playoff series!

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
it is a close game but cleveland has been much more aggressive plus curry and thompson are still not hot enough; the warriors aren't going to win on the road without them being in top form so i think we are going back to oakland all square...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well the mvp finally showed up in the 2nd half...terrific 4th quarter defense again...they cannot afford to be complacent/soft in game 5 though, need the same kind of intensity if they are to finish this off...

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
green just can't seem to stay out of trouble...if he gets suspended for game 5, the cavs have a real chance of pushing this to a game 6...