• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
there is no way the lakers will win the title playing this way....they had a ton of turnovers in each game, inconsistent defense, their offense is what carried them through the 1st two games but in the 3rd, that tanked too...they would probably still beat the jazz but in the next couple of rounds, they'd need to play much better just to win the west...

Fusion

Global Moderator
there is no way the lakers will win the title playing this way....they had a ton of turnovers in each game, inconsistent defense, their offense is what carried them through the 1st two games but in the 3rd, that tanked too...they would probably still beat the jazz but in the next couple of rounds, they'd need to play much better just to win the west...
I get a feeling that they're "playing down" to the competition. Like you said though, they won't win the title playing this way. They have the ability and talent to blow away the Jazz. No sense in messing around during the playoffs.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I get a feeling that they're "playing down" to the competition. Like you said though, they won't win the title playing this way. They have the ability and talent to blow away the Jazz. No sense in messing around during the playoffs.
yeah the cavs and even the celtics are playing much more efficient basketball right now...but forget the east, even houston would be able to exploit this kind of inconsistent play and beat them in a 7 game series...they were outrebounded 55 to 40 even without okur in the utah lineup...boozer was a big part of that but how the hell does a 6' 9'' pf grab so many rebounds when he plays against gasol(7 ft), bynum(7 ft) and odom(6' 10''), that is just criminally bad rebounding on the part of the lakers....

hope they come back and play the way they are capable of in game 4...the lakers in full flow are fun to watch...

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
doesn't matter, the cavs are just too good right now, 3-0, don't see how the pistons can prevent a sweep...james 25-9-11, that's as good as a triple double....!

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Houston at home too strong for Portland?

I know home advantage has been huge lately this season, but Houston were very ordinary last match when the game was there to be won.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Home and away in the NBA is like night and day. The difference is startling especially in the playoffs.

And I don't see the point in judging contenders based on the first 3 games. last year the Lakers blitzed Denver in the first round and Boston struggled to overcome Atlanta. It's about peaking at the right time, matchups and coaching over a 7 game series, so you can't really compare two different series in that way.

EDIT: Awesome win by Philly today too :cool. How nice was that last play Dileo drew up?

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
And I don't see the point in judging contenders based on the first 3 games. last year the Lakers blitzed Denver in the first round and Boston struggled to overcome Atlanta. It's about peaking at the right time, matchups and coaching over a 7 game series, so you can't really compare two different series in that way.
yeah but boston won comfortably at home throughout the playoffs and they always had the defensive intensity which the lakers didn't...this year their stated goal was to make it about defense, however it was inconsistent at best during the regular season and patchy during the 1st 3 games against utah and their offense is committing far too many turnovers(averaging close to 20 for the 1st 3 games) for a contender, teams like cleveland or boston(and in my opinion even houston) are capable of exploiting those mistakes...i did not say they won't win, i said they cannot win playing this way, big difference...and they certainly have the talent and the hunger(kobe is hungry enough for the entire team) to push it up a couple of notches, it remains to be seen whether they will do that or just continue to try and coast through...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Even without Tracy? He can be a **** but he's cut and dried points and when teams double Yao they struggle a little bit.
well they have some very experienced and talented players in artest, yao, battier etc and they are very good defensively...and they have played very well this year without t-mac...in fact they have arguably played better without him in the lineup than with...of course the lakers are much better on paper and they also have home-court advantage but at their best houston can give l.a a tough fight and if the lakers are a bit off their pace(as they seem to be right now), it could become a very even series...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
d-wade mach 2!!! 29 pts, 7 boards, 8 assists, 4 blks! and the hawks are blown out...but there is a lesson to be learned from miami's comeback in atlanta after getting blown out in game 1, the hawks just need to steal one to regain home-court advantage so the series is still very much alive...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
not a good start by the lakers in game 4, bryant the only scorer so far and that's usually not a healthy sign for l.a...

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Like I said earlier, it's pointless discussing team's form this early in the playoffs when things really start mattering in a month from now and so much can change. Hell, you can see how much difference one game can make.

Jackson figured out Utah's rotations and this is cake now for LA. Going through Utah 4-1 is a helluva lot more impressive than sweeping the Pistons or struggling on your own court against the Bulls if you look at it from a results perspective.

Denver shot themselves in the foot today too. If they were semi decent from the chairty stripe today they would've walked the game. Ah well, confident they can take the series comfortably though, they're a far better team than the Hornets.