• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I would love to watch more NBA. However, end up watching test cricket or matches of my local football team. I usually watch a few Barcelona games here and there as well. Any suggestions on how I can watch NBA more as I do love watching it. There are two matches every day in the morning on tv. I try recording some of them and watching them later as I am not a morning person. Thanks.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am looking at suggestions on the lines of - follow a team more avidly, try to watch a game a week or some thing on the lines. With the sports options now on tv, I am sure people have some thumb rules at times..

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I am looking at suggestions on the lines of - follow a team more avidly, try to watch a game a week or some thing on the lines. With the sports options now on tv, I am sure people have some thumb rules at times..
I dunno man, it just sounds like you're not that interested in watching it. I know it's tough to follow so many sports closely, I used to try but IMO you have to just go all-in on the ones you truly love and accept that you'll only casually be watching others. Maybe have a look at the schedule for the week and earmark games where two top teams are going at it, and focus on watching a couple of those a week. The better the game the easier it is to love, plus there's some awful games of basketball out there. I'd personally suggest games involving two of the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors, Clippers, Rockets and the Cavs, plus maybe the Timberwolves as a sneaky. All have fantastically talented players and generally when playing each other have close games.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah have to just accept this I guess. It's not that I don't love other sports. I find discussions and strategy talks on EPL and La Liga a lot as well. However, its not possible to watch every thing. Generally follow one tournament at a time properly. Like right now I am following the India-SA test series. Along with this I select 1-2 sport according the what I like most and watch that generally at a particular point depending upon how much time I have.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If League Pass wasn't so scandalously overpriced in India I'd recommend that (also internet speeds here are really backwater). Otherwise just record the morning games and watch when you get back after work. It's so good that we get two live games every morning on cable.

duffer

Actually just checked, it's not as overpriced as I thought. If you get high speed internet then go for it

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Also as a newb I would recommend looking at the 2-3 min videos of each game on nba.com - You'll probably naturally start liking a certain player or team and it'll help with your choice when deciding on who to watch.

I agree with DCYE that it's hard to go wrong watching Warriors, Clippers, Thunder, Cavs.

My not so popular but enjoyable teams for me are: Pistons, Wolves, Magic.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the western conference is still stronger but they don't have as many really strong teams this year, we have 5 top teams and then the level falls off significantly...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Or become a Nuggets fan so I'll have some company in my misery.
i am duty-bound to be a nuggets fan as i have lived in colorado for the past 16 years or so...have been sharing in the misery for the past few years...:)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Marcus Smart looked really good holding Russell Westbrook to 5-20 shooting and 5 assists. Let us see how he looks v. James Harden tonight.

duffer

The Sixers are a disgrace to professional sports. Not just basketball but all sports. Embarrassment.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
He's their best player so it's natural they run their offence through him and from what I saw he didn't try anything outside the flow of said offence.

If you want selfish chucking then watch Kobe or Melo iso their fans to death.
his fg% over 11 games is 37.2 (agreed this is still a small sample size and will probably increase to the mid-40s like last season) and his 3-pt% is 26.2...at this point in his career, he is a volume shooter...he is very adept at drawing contact and fouls and gets to the free throw line a lot and that's how he is compensating (not all the time) for his inefficient shooting...