• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah a good friend of mine has spent the past 2/3 years telling everyone he knows that Harden is a myth and a fraud. Personally my hatred of Dwight makes watching Rockets games unbearable so I can't comment. Maybe I'll try to watching a few of their games this season.
i don't know if he is a myth or a fraud, he is obviously a very good player, i just feel he is overrated, not good enough to be a franchise player on a contender and clearly not close to being as good as he claims he is...in my opinion, at the very least james, durant, westbrook, curry, davis and irving are better, more versatile players than him...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The gap between the east and west has narrowed (to start the year anyway). Just yesterday Bulls, Heat, Hornets beat Thunder, Wolves and Mavs - I know its just one example, but its good to see.

Blazers are the surprise team so far - Aminu and McCollum are doing really well plus Lillard of course. Pels are really going to struggle to make the playoffs, they need Tyreke back urgently. I picked Memphis to make the playoffs, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't, it just feels like they are past their prime, the 50 point loss vs Warriors was concerning.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Re: Irving v. Harden Irving has superior handles and playmaking, and pretty good scoring. If he bothered to work as hard on his D as Harden has lately, he becomes a more impactful player.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i don't know if he is a myth or a fraud, he is obviously a very good player, i just feel he is overrated, not good enough to be a franchise player on a contender and clearly not close to being as good as he claims he is...in my opinion, at the very least james, durant, westbrook, curry, davis and irving are better, more versatile players than him...
Watched the Clippers vs Rockets match this afternoon with my son as he is a massive Blake Griffin fan - don't ask me why an Australian 9yo has picked him out but he has

Mind you, he looks to be a phenomenal player

Anyway, Harden is obviously a very good player but one of the biggest chuckers I've ever seen

He scored 44 (?) points but some of his attempts were simply embarrassing with multiple air-balls from impossible angles

Guy is a ball hog of epic proportions but, then again, the Rockets won so what do I know?

Last edited:

social

46 points on 26 shots is outstanding. He balled this morning.
Obviously a brilliant player

We watched the first half and from 6 to go in the last quarter

Obviously something happened in the meantime as Clippers were well in control for most of first half despite his 25 points where he threw it from everywhere and largely ignored his team-mates

BTW, check out a move Griffin puts on in the last quarter - unbelievable stuff from a very big man

Starting to get into it

Last edited:

duffer

He's their best player so it's natural they run their offence through him and from what I saw he didn't try anything outside the flow of said offence.

If you want selfish chucking then watch Kobe or Melo iso their fans to death.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
He's their best player so it's natural they run their offence through him and from what I saw he didn't try anything outside the flow of said offence.

If you want selfish chucking then watch Kobe or Melo iso their fans to death.
I would mildly disagree re: who between Harden and the Rockets runs their offense through the other.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I would mildly disagree re: who between Harden and the Rockets runs their offense through the other.
Who should they run it through? He might take a bad shot every now and then but he's legitimately the only guy on the whole roster who can create his own, or someone else's, shot. Suggesting someone else run the offence is insanity.

duffer

Has there ever been a franchise with a bleaker outlook than Brooklyn's? I mean they suck bad right now and their next three first rounders are going to Boston(unprotected), it's going to be brutal.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Has there ever been a franchise with a bleaker outlook than Brooklyn's? I mean they suck bad right now and their next three first rounders are going to Boston(unprotected), it's going to be brutal.
Apparently this is how Billy King runs baaketball teams

duffer

Heh, yeah it's insane he got a another job after he destroyed Philly. Turned me completely off Sixers basketball to this day.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I had forgotten it was for another 3 years. Is Ben Simmons still favourite to be picked number 1? I don't really rate the Celtics at the moment, but the 2018 team could be something else.

My Pistons were epic against the Blazers winning an unwinnable game thanks to a 41-11 last quarter. Came back to earth losing to Warriors today but that's not surprising.