• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So Duffer how good was Mudiay on debut? Towns and Okafor stats look good if you ignore Okafor's turnovers..

I'm loving the Pistons start this year, think they have potential to make the playoffs.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I really liked what I saw of Okafor, can't stand the college game so I've never seen much of him. That tandem of him and Noel could be amazing going forward, almost the perfect pair in terms of covering for each others strengths. Imagine if Embiid actually gets his **** together!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Duffer how good was Mudiay on debut? Towns and Okafor stats look good if you ignore Okafor's turnovers..

I'm loving the Pistons start this year, think they have potential to make the playoffs.
Oh man, I didn't get to watch it. Still undecided about whether or not I'm getting League Pass this season. Judging by the box scores of tonight and pre-season Emmanuel is really raw (as we can see with him getting 11 turnovers). Whatever limited clips I've seen of him though show he can get to the basket almost at will if the spacing is good enough, just needs to figure out when to kick out or when to attack the rim.

duffer

I really liked what I saw of Okafor, can't stand the college game so I've never seen much of him. That tandem of him and Noel could be amazing going forward, almost the perfect pair in terms of covering for each others strengths. Imagine if Embiid actually gets his **** together!
KAT was solid as well this morning and looks like Ricky has developed a jumper too. Gonna keep an eye on the Pups this season.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Still undecided about whether or not I'm getting League Pass this season
Feels like it goes up by 40 bucks every year. **** is expensive at around 330 or whatever, especially considering the deluxe package for mlb.tv is 130. I passed last year and probably will this year as well, but that's mainly due to my internet connection being ****ty more than anything.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
KAT was solid as well this morning and looks like Ricky has developed a jumper too. Gonna keep an eye on the Pups this season.
I still need to watch that game. Very interesting team, I think they're another top pick away though. If I were them I'd hope for a Thunder-style season where they're clearly great players but not quite ready yet and still get a top 5 pick (ala the season they got Harden) to add to their side.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
From 10:10 tomorrow I'm going to watch as much action as I can on sportsbet and the 2 televised games.

My eastern order:
1 Chicago 2 Cleveland 3 Miami 4 Toronto 5 Atlanta 6 Detroit 7 Boston 8 Washington

West:
1 Golden State 2 LA Clippers 3 Oklahoma 4 San Antonio 5 Houston 6 Memphis 7 Dallas 8 Utah

MVP - Steph Curry
Rookie - Towns
Rebound - Drummond

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Towns looks amazing early on. Did anyone catch OKC vs Magic? Huge clutch 3's from Durant, Westbrook and Oladipo.

duffer

Do you guys think he can average a double-double in his rookie season? He does it all so effortlessly.

In other news, RIP Grantland. Completely scandalous by ESPN, hope Zach can find a good landing place.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
great start to the season for curry! not so good for the "real mvp" though...he is a very good player but i am still not sold on harden...he is still basically a volume shooter, depends a lot on getting to the free throw line by drawing contact on his way to the basket and is an average defender at best...he asked for a pg and got lawson but is he going to let lawson handle the ball in the long run? is that a decent assessment of the guy, what do the folks over here who understand the game really well think of harden?

Last edited:

duffer

Yeah a good friend of mine has spent the past 2/3 years telling everyone he knows that Harden is a myth and a fraud. Personally my hatred of Dwight makes watching Rockets games unbearable so I can't comment. Maybe I'll try to watching a few of their games this season.

Johnners

Do you guys think he can average a double-double in his rookie season? He does it all so effortlessly.

In other news, RIP Grantland. Completely scandalous by ESPN, hope Zach can find a good landing place.
Yeah gutted by this. Will miss "The Lowe Post" and "Grantland NFL Podcast" most :(