• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
beyond singing lebron's praises and reacting to steve kerr's moves, blatt doesn't seem to have a whole lot to offer by way of strategy...the impression you get after listening to him is that of a very average coach who has been lucky enough to have the best player in the world on his team...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
beyond singing lebron's praises and reacting to steve kerr's moves, blatt doesn't seem to have a whole lot to offer by way of strategy...the impression you get after listening to him is that of a very average coach who has been lucky enough to have the best player in the world on his team...
The impression that I get is that regardless of what he wants to do, Lebron is gonna run the "you 4 stand over there" play.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He doesn't atm, but he did during the season and still iso'd more than double the amount of times per game than the closest guy (Anthony Davis). This is why he went back to Cleveland, to run his own team, to do what he wants and to have the ball all the time.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
He's doing the right thing. He's got the shooters positioned if they try to collapse on him and the bigs cleaning up the glass when/if he misses. It also slows down the play to limit/frustrate GSW. His teammates aren't good enough for him to defer enough. Lebron isn't a Jordan/Kobe type ball-hog; he would pass more if he could.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He's doing the right thing. He's got the shooters positioned if they try to collapse on him and the bigs cleaning up the glass when/if he misses. It also slows down the play to limit/frustrate GSW. His teammates aren't good enough for him to defer enough. Lebron isn't a Jordan/Kobe type ball-hog; he would pass more if he could.
I'm not talking about right now. I'm talking about during the season, unless you think Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love aren't good enough in which case I'd ask if you actually watch basketball. Of course he's doing the right thing now, he may as well have 4 of us out there with him in these finals.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not talking about right now. I'm talking about during the season, unless you think Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love aren't good enough in which case I'd ask if you actually watch basketball. Of course he's doing the right thing now, he may as well have 4 of us out there with him in these finals.
I'm not sure about the stats you've mentioned but I don't think he's gone to Cavs to play heroball ('his way'), now or ever. Might have to do with the fact that it was their first season and they wouldn't be as in sync.

Not sure iso-ball and wanting to do your own thing go hand in hand either. Lebron is one of the all-time great finishers at the rim - I think statistically only Barkley is better - so if they can work the spacing for him to have more drives then it might benefit them.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm not sure about the stats you've mentioned but I don't think he's gone to Cavs to play heroball ('his way'), now or ever. Might have to do with the fact that it was their first season and they wouldn't be as in sync.

Not sure iso-ball and wanting to do your own thing go hand in hand either. Lebron is one of the all-time great finishers at the rim - I think statistically only Barkley is better - so if they can work the spacing for him to have more drives then it might benefit them.
I don't think he went there so he could iso and take every shot, but I do think he left the Heat because he wanted to be able to do what he wanted on the court without reprimand. Windhorst talked about it on Zach Lowe's pod and as well with Simmons a few months ago. He didn't like that Riley and Spo ran everything and had total control. He's a confident dude and obviously and amazing player, he wanted to be able to run it himself. No shame in that.

Those stats came from a Haberstroh article a while back.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
**** out of here with your God **** Iggy. Give your teammates credit for their work, not the imaginary dude in the sky.

Lebron was robbed. Imagine if you swapped Iggy and Lebron around haha.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I think they should have given it to Lebron simply because it is a) true and b) it was a historical series performance that deserved to be highlighted.

Anyway, Lebron4Life.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Once Kyrie gets paid its gonna be tough to fill out Cleveland's roster with players who can contribute. Do they roll with the same crew next season and hope they stay healthy? Can't see what other options they have.