• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
lebron wasn't too bad with his shooting percentage, he had a 47% FGM%....but irving's loss is a huge blow for the cavs...golden state was not playing anywhere near their offensive best though and if they can find that form, this will be a short series...

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Haven't watched it yet but 44 points on 38 shots is a bit Monte Ellis like.
The last few 3s he hoisted up were basically prayers because they had fallen so far behind someone needed to hit them otherwise he would have been around 50% which is more than fine. The difference between a Lebron in Miami is that he could pick and choose more and go for higher percentage shots so if he ever hit 38 shots it'd probably be closer to 60 points. In this Cavs team he is basically the offense. The bench ****ed them. I think it was 9 v 44 in comparison to GSW's bench and all 9 came from smith who couldn't hit **** towards the end.

That Mozgov travel really ****ed them, game might have been over. Now that Kyrie's out I think it's impossible but if he was ok for the rest of the series I think that first game would have been impressive, despite the loss and would have made them hopeful for the rest of the series.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is 90's style ball. After watching the Warriors all season the grind game is killing me.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Few observations:

- Draymond is killing the Warriors this series. Has no confidence in his shot at all, and is straight up turning down open threes and either passing off or driving into a packed lane.
- A follow on from the above post, no secret why the Warriors exploded to life once David Lee hit the floor. Someone who isn't afraid to shoot like Draymond and needs a body on him on the offensive glass allows Steph and Klay much more room to operate. Haven't sussed it out but I reckon most of the 20-odd Steph scored in the second half came when Lee was on the floor.
- Bogut is too slow for this series, never makes it past the three point line when running up on offense. I think the best lineup for the Warriors is Curry-Klay-Iggy-Lee-Ezeli, at least on offense. That team is a worry defensively though.
- Lebron is a big muscly man.
- David Lee kept Tristan Thompson away from the offensive glass a lot better than Draymond.
- What was Steph thinking with that behind-the-back pass? Straight up scared of Lebron's defense.
- Warriors gonna win Game 4 IMO. If they start even half-decently they win all three of these games.
- Cleveland's defense is crazy good. Weird to say but if they had Kyrie and Love out there it might be worse for them.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
lebron has been tremendous...but this is really more about golden state not playing at their usual level on both ends...for some reason, they seem less prepared to scrap this out, almost like they thought the cavs were going to roll over and play dead...?

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
To follow on from this, do you still agree with this point? At least 3 senior Bulls players killed him for it in their season exit interviews.
I hadn't heard that. It seems to be the standard now that the workload not be so strenuous. What he did was pretty standard for the 90s, but I guess it's just another mark against him that he never adapted with the times.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I think that's it. Cavs needed the momentum of winning both games at home to get to 7. I reckon Golden State just have too much.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the warriors finally play like the warriors and the cavs run out of gas and the end result is a 4th quarter blowout for golden state...credit to the cavs for keeping it close until the beginning of the 4th quarter...

Last edited: