Cricket Player Manager
Page 202 of 253 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3787
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: ***Official NBA Thread***

  1. #3016
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,460
    The Princeton offence is structured around sets and familiarity with each other, and was originally devised to make an inferior team talent-wise compete with better teams, so if that's your argument then you have a point. The problem with it is that most people don't even understand what it actually is or what the actual problem with the Lakers is.

    And in regards to your other point, Steve Nash is nearly forty. He's in shape but he's not a fastbreak guy anymore anyway. His last few years in Phoenix were more about him handling the ball for 20 seconds, running multiple pnr and finding the best look. You don't think having Dwight and Pau to pnr with and hit at either the high or low post is a good thing? Nash won't score more than 10 a game or have more than 8-10 assists a game, just because of the rest of his team and Kobe. That doesn't mean he's not being featured enough because of the offence, it's because he's smart and realises he doesn't have to use the ball effectively on every play to win games.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

  2. #3017
    International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    The Princeton offence is structured around sets and familiarity with each other, and was originally devised to make an inferior team talent-wise compete with better teams, so if that's your argument then you have a point. The problem with it is that most people don't even understand what it actually is or what the actual problem with the Lakers is.
    And in regards to your other point, Steve Nash is nearly forty. He's in shape but he's not a fastbreak guy anymore anyway. His last few years in Phoenix were more about him handling the ball for 20 seconds, running multiple pnr and finding the best look. You don't think having Dwight and Pau to pnr with and hit at either the high or low post is a good thing? Nash won't score more than 10 a game or have more than 8-10 assists a game, just because of the rest of his team and Kobe. That doesn't mean he's not being featured enough because of the offence, it's because he's smart and realises he doesn't have to use the ball effectively on every play to win games.
    Lakers (big blowout without Nash) and Celtics (scraped thru on some late clutch shooting) both off the mark but then again neither Washington or Detroit are really much to worry about. Liking the Magics form also.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Why don't the boxers have any head protection any more?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Burgey submitted a class action suggesting they harden the **** up.

  3. #3018
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Prefer NBL itbt.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  4. #3019
    International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Prince
    Posts
    4,776
    they stopped playing the nbl in 2001 iirc


  5. #3020
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    North Melbourne Giants vs Geelong Supercats this Sunday at the Glasshouse.

  6. #3021
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,521
    Used to have some Nth Melb Giants gear
    Last edited by Jono; 05-11-2012 at 03:34 AM.

  7. #3022
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,521
    Melbourne Tigers used to dominate the North Melbourne though.

    Another example of a sport where the Tigers are superior than North Mebourne itbt.

  8. #3023
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    The Big M sponsored South East Melbourne Magic had a rich rivalry with the Giants.

    D Mac used to dominate that ****. Multiple winner of the coveted 'Golden Hands' trophy.

  9. #3024
    International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Prince
    Posts
    4,776
    mark davis smashed records by taking every available rebound during a 6 season span

  10. #3025
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,460
    Speaking of the NBL, Jonny Flynn signed with the Tigers today. Big move. He'll destroy it.

  11. #3026
    International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Prince
    Posts
    4,776
    yes, the nbl is very ****. but he is also extremely ****. tipping he will do average.

  12. #3027
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,306
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    The Princeton offence is structured around sets and familiarity with each other, and was originally devised to make an inferior team talent-wise compete with better teams, so if that's your argument then you have a point. The problem with it is that most people don't even understand what it actually is or what the actual problem with the Lakers is.

    And in regards to your other point, Steve Nash is nearly forty. He's in shape but he's not a fastbreak guy anymore anyway. His last few years in Phoenix were more about him handling the ball for 20 seconds, running multiple pnr and finding the best look. You don't think having Dwight and Pau to pnr with and hit at either the high or low post is a good thing? Nash won't score more than 10 a game or have more than 8-10 assists a game, just because of the rest of his team and Kobe. That doesn't mean he's not being featured enough because of the offence, it's because he's smart and realises he doesn't have to use the ball effectively on every play to win games.
    Yeah fair point and I'm probably fantasizing with Nash's abilities. Are they actually doing PnR with him and Pau/Dwight?

    Have heard rumors about Lakers looking at D'Antoni as a possible candidate if this doesn't work. WTF?
    Forever 63* at the SCG

  13. #3028
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    yes, the nbl is very ****. but he is also extremely ****. tipping he will do average.
    hahaah

  14. #3029
    International Coach duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    63*
    Posts
    11,963
    Crazy start to the season, Melo's playing on the defensive end and OJ Mayo is erupting. Both won't last but still. I'm just hoping the Nuggz can find some rhythm. They're not shooting the ball well at all and Karl isn't going to coach any defence into them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

  15. #3030
    International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    Posts
    4,138
    Awta



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •