• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
People way overdo the whole 'Thibs is crazy with workload' thing. His biggest problem is being stubborn and sticking with a 90's type offense that worries no one and then refusing to make adjustments. I have much more of a problem with him playing Noah and Butler 50 minutes each in a useless end of season OT game knowing Noah had knee issues. The day-to-day stuff is something only media likes to complain about, most NBA folks I've heard talk about this don't see it as uncommon or worrisome.

That said, I agree Lebron probably wouldn't prefer a taskmaster with dated offense. I was really speaking from a "what else could piss me off this year" perspective.
On the Zach Lowe podcast he was talking to Arnovitz about how he's talked with quite a few Thibs players who tell him that the worst part isn't the minutes, it's that he doesn't give you days off during the weeks and he doesn't skip practices, or cancel them. That it grinds the players so bad. If I was a team that would worry the **** out of me, especially if I had an injury prone superstar like AD.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
i have a feeling he will win his 3rd ring this year...
First of all, a disclaimer - there is no way that my opinion matters in the slighteset.

Secondly, if LeBron can manage this in this situation, it is as amazing as any situation I can think of. Ridiculous and astonishing.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well thompson's diagnosis of concussion and his potential unavailability is a big uncertainty on the warriors end...if he doesn't play and if irving can stay healthy and contribute so lebron doesn't have to do everything on his own, i feel there is a chance for the cavs...obviously the role players on both sides will have a big say in the end result...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
So it sounds like Fred Hoiberg will be the new Chicago coach. I really don't know how I feel about that. Wait and see I guess.

My bigger worry right now is how much weight there is to the rumors that there is a rift between Rose and Butler. I see these guys as the future of the franchise, and it would be downright shameful if we lose Buckets because of either his issues with Rose or FO's hesitation to pay him.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
If I was him I would deffo consider a year off and going for the Lakers when they have cap space and Kobe is gone.
Jeff GoodmanVerified account
‏@GoodmanESPN
One source close to Thibs on what he will do if doesn't get a job for this season. "He might watch film for a year straight. No lie."

****ing psycho. :laugh:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You should just trade everything for any many first rounders you can get. People say that you won't get many, but someone is eventually gonna give up a first rounder + something for Lawson and Faried. A dumb team would even give you one for Chandler as well IMO, I mean the Clippers gave up a first rounder to get rid of Jared Dudley last year ffs. You would get picks, you might not get top 10 picks but so what.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You're right in thinking we need to stockpile picks and develop players but not with a coach like D'Antoni and especially not with late 1sts where all we'll get are more Lawson and Faried level players. Give Hunt the full time job and he can drive the tank and hope we can land another franchise changer.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
According to 538; Lebron's supporting cast of 2015 is only slightly better than 2007 version. Come on BronBron!

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You're right in thinking we need to stockpile picks and develop players but not with a coach like D'Antoni and especially not with late 1sts where all we'll get are more Lawson and Faried level players. Give Hunt the full time job and he can drive the tank and hope we can land another franchise changer.
Yeah the D'Antoni stuff isn't a good sign, makes it look like they wanna stick with the team which is crazy.

You might only get Faried and Lawson level players but if you get them without the attitude problems then you would probably be in better shape. Don't forget you'll also get yourself a few top 5-10 picks from sucking for two or three years.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh yep. Not hating but that boxscore infers he took too many jumpers when he could've driven to the rack and got calls. Haven't seen it but that's what I thought when I saw it.