Thread: ***Official NBA Thread***

Alright so as of now we have:

MrWright
    pinchy
    Clapo
    Jackpot
    nightprowler
    duffer

up for the Fantasy league. If we can get 2-3 more then we'll have a good number for a competitive division and I'll get cracking setting it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

International Vice-Captain pinchy81's Avatar
    Hoping that the TimberWolves can do better this season after last year's dismal performenace and hope that the Raptors can make a surge up in the East as well
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Pinchy81- McPinch iz a gun4lyf.
    "Straight-Edge means I'm better than you!"

Mike Miller and Kevin Love will help for sure. If O'Neal stays healthy he'll add some toughness which was very lacking for the Raptors as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pinchy81 View Post
    Hoping that the TimberWolves can do better this season after last year's dismal performenace and hope that the Raptors can make a surge up in the East as well
    raptors has better chance than wolves, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Alright so as of now we have:

MrWright
    pinchy
    Clapo
    Jackpot
    nightprowler
    duffer

up for the Fantasy league. If we can get 2-3 more then we'll have a good number for a competitive division and I'll get cracking setting it up.
    i'm in...

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Watched the Bulls get whupped by the Kings in the pre-season game today. They were playing like a real weak team with a few bright spots.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

The Suns are so painful to watch now. I acknowledge that they're trying to tighten up an protect the paint a lot better, but Nash is half as effective in a slow half court offence and they're STILL giving up way too many offensive boards.

Really interested to see how Posey helps the Hornets this year. In their game today he knocked down some big momentum halting shots and was excellent on D.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Bucks 1-1
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

0-2 start for the spurs....

International Vice-Captain pinchy81's Avatar
    Toronto 3 and 0 and T'Wolves 1 and 1 things are good

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Not a bad start for the bulls. I completely expected them to lose to Celtics so no surprises there. Rose showing plenty of promise.

a really good move for the nuggets, not so good for the pistons...iverson can still be an offensive force but they want to be a championship team again and i don't know how "the answer" is the answer for detroit...even if mcdyess doesn't turn up for the nuggets, billups provides the leadership that the nuggets desperately need on both ends of the floor...it will not make them a contender but he can certainly take them out of the playoff 1st round morass they are stuck in...

State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    Eh, both Iverson and Billups are old. Neither team are going anywhere. Dumars is hoping to free up some cap space, but he screwed up when he drafted Darko and Detroit have been suffering ever since. Billups and McDyess were heart and soul guys. Even in a weak East, this has gotta be the year where Detroit fall. Billups might give Denver a short term boost, but more likely he'll see out his contract while the Nuggets get no better.

Reckon the Nuggz could benefit big in the short term but suffer long term with this deal, while the opposite holds for Detroit.

For the next season or two while Chauncey still has some legs in him they have become an awesome awesome attacking force with him, JR and Melo all being huge talents on the offensive end and being a nightmare to guard because of their size and athleticism.

He's also brilliant on the defensive end and will MAKE Melo switch on defensively.

They might have problems with their bigs though. Nene, Kmart and Mac are all ridiculously fragile and with only Hunter and Birdman as backups they look very meh for me in the frontcourt.

Also, I feel they could've absorbed one more season of going out in the first round and cleared a helluva lot of cap space by letting AI walk and freeing up 20m on their already excessive wage bill.

Dumars for me will be the eventual winner out of this. He knows that Billups only has a couple of years left in him and wanted rid of his 4 year deal ASAP. He also finally got AI, whom he wanted for ages and can let him walk post season so that he can promote Stuckey their Point for the future to a starting role. They really really rate Stuckey, I remember Flip calling him a young Baron davis at times last season so if he is as good as they think they'll come out of this smelling roses.

In the short term though, Rip and AI in the back court will be fun but I reckon they'll get in the way more often than they'll help each other, plus they lose a whole lot of leadership and intensity on D.

EDIT: Just did some Math, Sheed is also expiring at the end of the season so if the Pistons let both of them walk that puts them a massive 20million under the cap at least. If they wait out one season then they could bid big for LeBron, D-Wade or Chris Bosh who will all be available come 2010. The more I look at it, the more I like what Dumars is doing.
    Last edited by duffer; 03-11-2008 at 07:50 PM.

yeah i guess dumars is in rebuilding mode....although iverson isn't a long-term option by any stretch of imagination...i saw a cnn article speculating that since mcdyess doesn't want to join the nuggets, they might waive him and he would then be free to resign with detroit...sounds unlikely but even if it happens, i don't think iverson as good as he is, as energetic as he is, as desperate for a ring as he is, is a game changer for them...especially seeing how effectively the lakers defense bottled him up in the playoffs last year...

Page 2 of 254 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information