• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From Grantland:
One aside: Boston and Denver discussed Ty Lawson deals before the deadline, and the Nuggets justifiably demanded a high return for a borderline All-Star on a friendly long-term contract. The talks fizzled, and Boston snagged Isaiah Thomas at a cheaper price. The relationship between Lawson and the Nuggets may be souring beyond repair, per the Denver Post, and the Nuggets are now faced with a thinner trade market. Boston, Detroit, Miami, and Milwaukee traded for point guards at the deadline, and though two of those players3 are free agents this summer, both are likely to re-sign with their current teams.

That leaves fewer suitors for Denver. Sacramento has been an obvious landing spot since the Kings’ Wheel-O-Coaches landed on George Karl, but unless the Kings are willing to move their first-round pick, they don’t have a ton to offer. Houston stands as an intriguing possibility. A team with James Harden dominating the ball doesn’t need a pick-and-roll ace at point guard, but that hasn’t stopped Daryl Morey from sniffing around Rajon Rondo and others. Morey has signed several undersize point guards in the past, and he’s a believer that elite talent trumps fit issues.

And Lawson could fit in a secondary role next to Harden. Houston wants to run, and Lawson might be the fastest player in the league. He’d probably shoot better from deep on the diet of spot-up looks Harden would feed him, and the Rockets could use another guy who can work off the bounce. There might be some slippage on defense, but Houston has done fine on that end with Jason freaking Terry, and it has the trade assets to entice Denver: the Pelicans’ pick in this draft, plus two young bigs in Terrence Jones and Donatas Motiejunas.4

But don’t count out the Celtics just because they have Thomas — a warning that should apply to lots of teams with established starting point guards. Lawson is really good, and Denver’s thinning trade market presents opportunity for a surprise suitor to strike. Denver will need a point guard if it deals Lawson,5 and the Celtics acquired Thomas in part because his cheapo contract is so easy to trade. The Hornets should absolutely gauge how much they’d have to attach to Kemba Walker in order to land Lawson — or whether they could acquire Lawson and flip Walker someplace else for extra goodies.

Lawson has off-court issues, and teams should be wary about paying his next contract. But Lawson is a real get under his current deal.

Ty and our pick to move up in the draft? Or would some team take him straight up for a top pick?

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Clippers in the midst of one of the biggest choke jobs of all-time. And Harden is on the bench for it...so much for the Rockets being a 1-man team.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully the Clips. I despise Dwight Howard, absolutely despise him.
how about harden? do you like him? he is a terrific player and all but i am finding it a tad difficult to like him, can't quite explain why..maybe it is that ridiculous beard...

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
how about harden? do you like him? he is a terrific player and all but i am finding it a tad difficult to like him, can't quite explain why..maybe it is that ridiculous beard...
If you ever see him smile you'll love the beard.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I preferred TMac
I have a bunch of old mid-90's to late 00's games on a HD that I acquired through private trackers and trades, I know the NBA was stuck in the dark ages then in terms of offensive and defensive systems and the way it was played, but man do I still enjoy watching those games. So much nostalgia.

duffer

I have a bunch of old mid-90's to late 00's games on a HD that I acquired through private trackers and trades, I know the NBA was stuck in the dark ages then in terms of offensive and defensive systems and the way it was played, but man do I still enjoy watching those games. So much nostalgia.
Nice. It'd be gun if the NBA did what the WWE are doing and offer a subscription package where you can watch games from their archive. Maybe one day.

duffer

Draft Lottery tonight. Obviously want the Nuggz to move up but for some reason I'm hoping the Knicks score big tonight.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
exciting first game between golden state and houston...the two mvp candidates were in great form...