Cricket Player Manager
Page 196 of 254 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3799
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: ***Official NBA Thread***

International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    Oh well they are still in the ball park of significant roster changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Why don't the boxers have any head protection any more?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Burgey submitted a class action suggesting they harden the **** up.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    I don't get Miami, I would've thought getting Camby should've been a bigger priority than getting Ray.

In other news, the Bulls now have one of the oldest back courts in the league.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    I don't get Miami, I would've thought getting Camby should've been a bigger priority than getting Ray.

In other news, the Bulls now have one of the oldest back courts in the league.
    I don't know about that. The Heat were at their best when they played Bosh at the 5 and Lebron was at the 4 and running the office from post-ups. It took them a while because Lebron was initally resistant to playing so much 4 and playing so much in the post. This obviously lends itself to players who can bomb open 3's. Ray is pretty much the perfect historical option for this. I'd rather him than anyone in the history of the game playing that role. Maybe Larry Bird or Mark Price, probably not though.

Personally, I really only think that the center spot becomes and issue for them if Dwight ends up in Brooklyn. If he does, they really need someone who can guard him (to whatever extent they can, obviously) and make him work hard enough defensively. Whilst he remains in Orlando or on any other team he is irrelevant because the rest of his team is just not good enough to make the Heat work. Maybe they'll need someone if they were going to see the Lakers in the finals, but that Lakers team is a big if right now.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

if allen moved because he wasn't getting enough respect as a star in boston, how about being relegated to being a role player in miami? the respect bit is rubbish...he is looking for an easy (he hopes) ring or two before retirement...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Would you want to play for a team who tried to trade you twice this season and once last season, then relegated you to a bench role and signed your replacement before you'd even left? Plus he has serious personal issues with the best player on the team. **** me dead. Would you want to work for a company that consistently offered your position to other people, demoted you, then signed someone to work the same job as you before you'd even left? What about if all of that happened plus you really hated the guy who shared your cubicle? Yeah I thought so.

It's funny, he went to Miami to win championships on a team tailor-made for his style of play and he's criticised for "chasing rings" by fans who also would've criticised him for staying because he "only cares about the money and not winning". What would you have expected him to do? He'll get more minutes in Miami in a team that's a better fit for him with a better chance to win AND he took significantly less money to do so. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Would you want to play for a team who tried to trade you twice this season and once last season, then relegated you to a bench role and signed your replacement before you'd even left? Plus he has serious personal issues with the best player on the team. **** me dead. Would you want to work for a company that consistently offered your position to other people, demoted you, then signed someone to work the same job as you before you'd even left? What about if all of that happened plus you really hated the guy who shared your cubicle? Yeah I thought so.

It's funny, he went to Miami to win championships on a team tailor-made for his style of play and he's criticised for "chasing rings" by fans who also would've criticised him for staying because he "only cares about the money and not winning". What would you have expected him to do? He'll get more minutes in Miami in a team that's a better fit for him with a better chance to win AND he took significantly less money to do so. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Really well said. But still, the heat can go and **** them selves.

i don't see you refuting anything i said...in any case i have nothing against allen for moving to miami, i just meant he is looking for a quick ring or two before retirement and miami offers him the best chance for that, the issues with doc rivers and rondo just gave him a plausible excuse...

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Rashard Lewis too. Heat have a bench now, it's all over.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

This!

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Really well said. But still, the heat can go and **** them selves.
    And this!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamc View Post
    Rashard Lewis too. Heat have a bench now, it's all over.
    Oh ****, this too. Dang!

I don't begrudge Ray going to Miami. Their play style not only fits him well but will also serve to prolong his career.

That said, I don't think the drama in Boston had much to do with his decision. Ray is a professional. He's been through enough in the business not to take things personally I would think. Rondo acting like he's the big dog on the team may have something to do with it, but I doubt coming off the bench affected his decision, seeing as how he was benched due to his injury issues. Nobody in their right mind would expect him to defend all the starting 2 guards in the league, neither should he have to with his ankles, and with Avery Bradley in the team Boston made the right move. The trading block thing doesn't make sense either. All of the big four were available for a trade if the right offer came along, not just Ray.

I don't see this as Ray not wanting to play for Boston out of spite, it's not like the Celtics did him dirty, this was simply the best situation for him.

Also, lol at Rashard Lewis being a difference maker.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Also, lol at Rashard Lewis being a difference maker.
    yeah one of the most overrated players in the nba...

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but 1.4m/yr seems like a pretty good signing.

International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    Apparently Dallas are trying to turn the Celtics giving a free agent Jason Terry their MLE into a sign and trade deal. Not really seeing who on the Celtics roster would get traded to make it happen, but if the can happen I think It's a win for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

That is awesome. Just read he broke his hand though.

Thread Information