Page 191 of 244 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3660
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: ***Official NBA Thread***

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    But IMO Westbrook carried them till the end.
    Durant was the only scoring in the first quarter! Russ played well aside from a few boneheaded plays that are par for the course for him and helped keep it close, but carried?
    RIP Craigos

I was yelling at the tv for the Heat to stop ****ing switching and go back to trapping, which was killing the Thunder in the first half. For some reason they started to switch and got absolutely smoked by Westbrook. I'm usually on Spoelstra's side but that was awful coaching. They gave that one away.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Durant was the only scoring in the first quarter! Russ played well aside from a few boneheaded plays that are par for the course for him and helped keep it close, but carried?
    Sure, but Westbrook was doing so much more than just scoring. The momentum shift in the 2nd/3rd was down to him IMO and he ended up scoring more than Durant (by the end of the 3rd 21-19). Durant is a great scorer but somewhat passive elsewhere.
    Last edited by Ikki; 13-06-2012 at 05:14 AM.
    ★★★★★

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    I was yelling at the tv for the Heat to stop ****ing switching and go back to trapping, which was killing the Thunder in the first half. For some reason they started to switch and got absolutely smoked by Westbrook. I'm usually on Spoelstra's side but that was awful coaching. They gave that one away.
    What do you reckon for the next game? Did you see anything to make you think that the Heat have enough to take this?

Yeah Westbrook was immense in the 3rd quarter particularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    What do you reckon for the next game? Did you see anything to make you think that the Heat have enough to take this?
    They need Lebron and Wade to play balls out every quarter. Against this Thunder team no lead is safe so they can't afford sloppy stretches. They put points up so quickly. Miami's D has got to improve a heap though, the amount of easy buckets Ibaka got and the layups the Thunder got late in the game were too easy. I don't think Spo is a good enough coach to stop this though, Brooks has his number so far.

Heat need the next one, I can't see them holding 3 games in a row at home.

From another forum, LOL:

"Space Jam, Dwyane Wade has been Space Jammed. He needs to call MJ, Bill Murray, and the looney toons to get his skills back for him."

Anybody watching The Dream Team documentary?

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Want to see that real bad, trying to find a torrent of it as we speak.

edit: am i allowed to talk about torrents?

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Want to see that real bad, trying to find a torrent of it as we speak.

edit: am i allowed to talk about torrents?
    ut00b

HD version
    Last edited by Adamc; 14-06-2012 at 04:41 AM.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

what a ****ing result!

This doco is so sweet. I love Charles Barkley so much! "we trained, we went to the beach, we played cards til 5 am. it was a lot of fun."

I loved the competitive nature of all of them. These guys didn't want to play on each others team in PRACTICE. Trying to outdo each other, especially Michael vs Magic. So awesome. Today we got the best stars trying to team up to win a ring or two, can you imagine these guys doing that? They'd rip each others throats out. Loved the bit about Daly planting the seed by throwing the practice game.

Also, poor Kukoc. He had such a 'wtf did I do' look on his face.
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 14-06-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    They need Lebron and Wade to play balls out every quarter. Against this Thunder team no lead is safe so they can't afford sloppy stretches. They put points up so quickly. Miami's D has got to improve a heap though, the amount of easy buckets Ibaka got and the layups the Thunder got late in the game were too easy. I don't think Spo is a good enough coach to stop this though, Brooks has his number so far.

Heat need the next one, I can't see them holding 3 games in a row at home.
    The biggest mystery/shock to me is how the Heat seemingly have no half-court offense in the 4th qtr. That’s what killed them in last year’s Finals, and that was their Achilles’ heel in Game 1 this year. During the second half in general, but the 4th qtr in particular, the plan seems to be for Lebron to bring the ball up the court, dribble, and then either try to take it to the basket or shoot a jumper. Next possession, it’s Wade’s turn to do the same. Well that works in the regular season when their individual brilliance allows them to dominate. It gets harder in the playoffs and becomes nearly impossible to do in the Finals when you are playing a team that’s equal or greater to you in the talent department. Where are the double screens? Why can’t Lebron and Wade execute the pick and roll on each possession? Hell if those two just master the pick and roll, they’ll be simply unstoppable. I get that Lebron and Wade have had a lot of success playing the way they have, but they’ve got to realize that something needs to change or they’re doomed to repeat the same offensive performances no matter how many times they get to the Finals. I’m really perplexed that Pat Riley doesn’t interfere and force them to learn a few new plays. I’m sure they’ll tune out Spoelstra, but they won’t ignore Riley.

OKC deserved to lose that one. Ridiculous turnovers and failure to execute in the final stretch really cost them. Their plan just seemed to be to get the ball to Durant and expect him to deliver on every possession.

That inbound pass at the end was no surprise. Thabo is notoriously bad at making inbound passes down the stretch. He cost us several games this way when he was in Chicago.

Thread Information