• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Exum scored in double digits today for the first time - I think he showed a fair bit of promise. I liked the 3 point, block, assist sequence he did early on.

Of course the East is still weaker, but I think the gap has narrowed a bit. It's really only due to the Southwest conference where all 5 teams are quality that makes the West standout.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Lakers are 0-4 and drowning in angry Kobe isos. Makes up for that beating the Cs will get every time we play a team with legit inside presence.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
What did Jacko say about Matty?
Well, he couldn't pronounce his name, which was hilarious and probably insulting. But he spent the whole game calling him a scrub and saying Waiters should be in the game ahead of him, especially late in the 4th quarter and in OT. Just kept giving it to him, was ridiculous, especially because he was giving it to him about his defensive mistakes. Yeah, Waiters is going to do so much better at that.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thought they showed a lot of promise yesterday tbh. I think the Kyrie-Love combo needs some work, Kyrie seems to be expecting him to roll to the rim a lot when Love is generally going to pop for the 3-pointer. They'll need to build a structured offence and some sort of rim protection is needed badly but I don't think I could disagree more with what you posted tbh.

Also, Mark Jackson was embarrassing himself talking about Matty D. He genuinely has no clue as an analyst, how he ever got a coaching job is beyond me.
AWTA

The Cavs offense is going to be an absolute monster by the 2nd half of the season.

duffer

As for Pratters' post, we're only a week into the season, no team is going to be firing so we're seeing some low fg%, low assist and high turnover numbers. Point in case is how the Heat started when the Big 3 were formed. Can't read anything into performances at this point in time.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Enjoyed the Heat game immensely. Lou Deng fits quite well. Only team in East now to be undefeated now. That Toronto DeRozan is a hell of a player though. 6'7", superb shooter and ball player.

@duffer - I know it is too early. The thing is, most combinations just don't go and win it in the first year, and if they don't win it even next year, it will be unlikely they will win. It is not the case like the Heat where even if you didn't win, you had a few more years to make it work. So the time period is lower.

duffer

Why is their window smaller? Love is 26, Kyrie is 22, Lebron is only 29. Also have better complimentary pieces to their "Big 3" than Miami they had in Miami's first season and with the cap meant to jump significantly in the next two seasons they'll be able to add quality vets who can still hang. They're still in the same ****ty Conference as well.

I think after All-Star break, these guys could start to roll.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Why is their window smaller? Love is 26, Kyrie is 22, Lebron is only 29. Also have better complimentary pieces to their "Big 3" than Miami they had in Miami's first season and with the cap meant to jump significantly in the next two seasons they'll be able to add quality vets who can still hang. They're still in the same ****ty Conference as well.

I think after All-Star break, these guys could start to roll.
I like Love, I am interested in Kyri Irving who looks to move so well.

LeBron had a great year, probably his best shooting wise last season. However, last year I saw that he was playing so many minutes. He will be 30 in December. The window is small as if he doesn't win this year (which is likely imo as this is the first year the team is together), and if he can't next, he will be 32 in his third attempts with the Cavs. He is a big guy, I am not sure if he can keep up the levels he does now in 2-3 years tbh and you need every bit of James if you are to win the title unleass you get some one like Wade for Shaq like they did with the Heat.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
LeBron and Kyrie exchanged words after another tough loss for the Cavs. Irving had 34 points but no assists.

Will be interesting to see how Cavs go..

It is too early in the season but they are not gelling on the floor so far.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Watched last two Rockets games. While they scored a lot last season too, offensive coordination looks better. Harden has been crazy good not only shooting but assisting too. Biggest things for them this year so far has been marked defensive improvement. Enjoying watching them.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Not liking @AminESPN this season. Can't speak 3 sentences without uttering the Lakers ffs.

Edit: A pretty fun convo with Amin, I had there!

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Watched last two Rockets games. While they scored a lot last season too, offensive coordination looks better. Harden has been crazy good not only shooting but assisting too. Biggest things for them this year so far has been marked defensive improvement. Enjoying watching them.
Yeah the Rockets have started the season well. Big test tomorrow vs. GSW.

I think the Cavs will be fine. They'll finish 3rd of 4th in the East and will be a big threat in the finals. Its funny with Love though, I used to really root for him at the Wolves, always hoping they'd make the Finals or finish above .500, but now I can't really warm to him at Cleveland.

duffer

Grizzlies flying under the radar here. My homersim on the Nuggets not looking too good either.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I know its early but who would have thought that if the season stopped today the Bucks would make the playoffs and the Spurs and Thunder would miss out. GSW the only undefeated team left now, Bogut had a big game with Howard out.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
it's too long a season for these early results to portend much…except of course for the lakers and the 76rs...