• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha I liked the parody. Nah, I'm not a Spurs fan but I was pretty happy for Patty Mills (and I guess Baynes) last season.

Back in the day, I was a Rockets fan because I loved Olajuwon but I stopped following the game for ages. Over the past couple of years I've tried to like the Rockets as loyalty is the thing to do, but I'm really not passionate about them at all.

At the moment I'm happy just to root for certain players (love Andre Drummond) and I'm doing fantasy NBA for the first time this year and enjoy having a punt so that will keep me entertained when watching as many games as possible. Can't wait until the Saturday double header on ESPN - Bulls vs Cavs and Thunder vs Blazers.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah a Rockets fan. So many Spurs basketball fans become Tottenham fans and vice versa, that's why I asked. You been on clutchfans? Did a bit of lurking there when you guys were trying to get Melo.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Am not a Spurs fan per say but the Spurs are such a joy to watch. Absolutely loved their game v the Mavericks today. So many baskets from both teams.

Popovich's beard the highlight though, obviously.

Can't decide whether to watch the GSW or the Bulls game tomorrow.

duffer

Am not a Spurs fan per say but the Spurs are such a joy to watch. Absolutely loved their game v the Mavericks today. So many baskets from both teams.

Popovich's beard the highlight though, obviously.

Can't decide whether to watch the GSW or the Bulls game tomorrow.
:laugh:

duffer

What you thinking regarding Byron Scott? If the Lakers did anything decent last season it was shooting the three but he's abandoned that already with Kobe back. Going to be hilarious watching the Lakers this season.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Aside from Kobe who's gonna shoot the 3 though? Nick Young is out for the time being, and all their other 3 point shooters were lost to free agency.

duffer

That's probably the question that should've been asked. Last season they had something resembling a playing style and complimentary players; this season it looks like they just tried to fill their roster and just play Kobe iso's. Don't know what to think of them.

duffer

I thought they weren't guaranteed a draft pick this season. Pretty funny if they tank and lose it.

Johnners

East - Bulls West - OKC Most improved team - Cavs Least wins - 76ers MVP - Durant Rookie - Marcus Smart ( Best story - Celtics become this year's Phoenix Suns
I'm guessing you're banking on him missing 10-15 games at most to start the season? I'm worried they'll rush him back too early and we'll end up only getting 20-30 games of a properly healthy Durant.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm guessing you're banking on him missing 10-15 games at most to start the season? I'm worried they'll rush him back too early and we'll end up only getting 20-30 games of a properly healthy Durant.
Didn't factor that at all.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Early into the season and Cleveland is a new bunch of guys but the coordination wasn't very good. I don't see how it can become amazing either. Lebron gelling with Bosch and Wade is one thing as they are great players with a lot of experience. Gelling basketball was with Irving and Love - two terrific players mind you, remains to be seen.

Cleveland may actualy make the Finals given how weak the East is but I didn't enjoy them play today.

Bulls looked a far more coordinated team as they have played for a while. There was this ply in the Spurs game where Parker passed to Duncan his knowing some how he would be there. Comes from years of playing together.

I am not sure Lebron can win a title with Cavaliers tbh. I wouldn't give them a high chance this year or next. In couple of years James will be older and other teams like GSW and zClippers would be in with better shots these years compared to them as they grow.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Thought they showed a lot of promise yesterday tbh. I think the Kyrie-Love combo needs some work, Kyrie seems to be expecting him to roll to the rim a lot when Love is generally going to pop for the 3-pointer. They'll need to build a structured offence and some sort of rim protection is needed badly but I don't think I could disagree more with what you posted tbh.

Also, Mark Jackson was embarrassing himself talking about Matty D. He genuinely has no clue as an analyst, how he ever got a coaching job is beyond me.