• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Now that Preseason is up and running how are we feeling about our team's shiny new rookies and free agents so far. I'm reading plenty of good things about Marcus Smart, and James Young. Not so much with Tyler Zeller though.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I haven't watched any games yet, but it sounds like Mirotic was a bit of a win like we were expecting. Also, McBuckets.

Last shout out for anyone interested in ESPN NBA fantasy comp. Want to get things rolling beginning of October, so just on a week now to PM your email and I'll send you an invite.
Sorry bro, got busy with stuff.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Apart from seeing his mixtapes everywhere for the last 12 months not really. Exciting but he's played a load of scrubs in his career so far so who really knows. Looks an insane prospect though, the handles are incredible for his size.

Also, I can't be the only person who finds Jalen's ability to rewrite his prediction history annoying as ****, right? He does it all the time on his pod, but it really made me furious when in the latest preview pod he said that he didn't predict the Pistons to make the playoffs last season. Mate, you said they'd be a ****ing 5 seed in the East. I know. I went back and watched the same Pistons preview video from 12 months ago. Yeesh.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AWTA

I didn't mind Jalen at first, but in the last 6 months or so he's really begun to irritate me on his Pod's, and this is one of main reasons why.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also, I can't be the only person who finds Jalen's ability to rewrite his prediction history annoying as ****, right? He does it all the time on his pod, but it really made me furious when in the latest preview pod he said that he didn't predict the Pistons to make the playoffs last season. Mate, you said they'd be a ****ing 5 seed in the East. I know. I went back and watched the same Pistons preview video from 12 months ago. Yeesh.
Dude's from Detroit and was a part of the Fab 5. I'd expect him to be a homer when it comes to the Pistons, so he gets a pass from me for that. Just waiting for his Nuggets preview. I mean we just gave Kenneth Faried 60 million.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
It's not about being a homer though, it's about actually being wrong and owning it. I'm not saying he was wrong to pick them to make the playoffs (either time around, actually) but saying that this year he's right to pick them to make the playoffs because he didn't last year, when he DID last year, is disingenuous and really poor journalism. Someone like Simmons would get destroyed by social media and the blogs if he did this, but Jalen always gets a ****ing pass and it's annoying the **** out of me.

He does it all the time and has been for years. He's re-written his history in regards to Rudy Gay as well, where he said Rudy Gay would become a superstar in Toronto on his pod then a year later is talking about how he always knew Rudy wouldn't work in Toronto and acted like that was always his prediction. It's straight up crap journalism.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
There also isn't any more of the preview shows because of the Simmons suspension happening right in the middle of it. I'm sure they'll continue on the Grantland Basketball show but who knows if they'll come here at all.