• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Cavs and Wolves have reached a handshake agreement to swap Love for Wiggins (Bennett might be involved). This puts the Bulls and Cavs as the clear cut best teams in the East, at least on paper. I was really hoping Pacers would be a challenger but alas... Wizards will still be a thorn in everyone's side along with possibly Toronto.

West is still ridiculous.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Not as bad as the last few years, but yes. With a good offensive coach you could be very dangerous (assuming Pau is actually still good and Dougy McBuckets settles into the NBA, who knows with either at this point) but I don't think Thibs has it in him nor has the desire to coach that way. Rose is a special player but is pretty one dimensional (at least in the system he's been put in) and not particularly efficient, and that's if he's at his best.

I'll happily stand corrected if they're fantastic (I hope they are), but I don't see offensive efficiency in the Bulls future. They will live and die in the playoffs by the Lebron-Rose 4th Q matchup, as they did 3 years ago.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think the Cavs will do that badly off defensively. Love is strong enough to defend th low post, Varejao defends ok, and Lebron, be Irving are on slouches on the perimeter. It's the who guards Love and Lebron when both are on the floor that the Bulls ought to worry about. Will it be Noah and Gibson, Noah and Butler, Noah and Dunleavy?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Not as bad as the last few years, but yes. With a good offensive coach you could be very dangerous (assuming Pau is actually still good and Dougy McBuckets settles into the NBA, who knows with either at this point) but I don't think Thibs has it in him nor has the desire to coach that way. Rose is a special player but is pretty one dimensional (at least in the system he's been put in) and not particularly efficient, and that's if he's at his best.
While I agree there are a few question marks with regards to our offensive weapons, I think you're really underrating Thibs (as everyone seems to) as an offensive coach. He was terrible in 2011, and I spouted off here on his inability to draw up a play. His plan was basically give the ball to Rose, this is why we were terrible whenever CJ Watson ran the floor. But he learned from his mistakes and ran the offense much better in the lockout year. That's when we first saw Noah and Boozer using their inside passing to dominate the paint and Deng was also used much better. We were top 5 in the league offensively despite not having many weapons and despite having Rose miss a dozen or so games.

We've been terrible offensively since Rose went down but just look at the make up of this team. Even though we draft well, we don't focus on offense. The only scoring options we've signed since Rose went down were Nate, DJ, and Dunleavy. That's it. Every other pick and signing was a defensive guy.

Basically, yes, Thibs is a defensive guru and focuses on that aspect. But since his first year as a coach (Rose's MVP year), he's done much better on the offensive end than people give him credit for or even realize. He'll still make the obvious dumb move (benching Dunleavy when we had no scoring), but name a coach that doesn't.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think the Cavs will do that badly off defensively. Love is strong enough to defend th low post, Varejao defends ok, and Lebron, be Irving are on slouches on the perimeter. It's the who guards Love and Lebron when both are on the floor that the Bulls ought to worry about. Will it be Noah and Gibson, Noah and Butler, Noah and Dunleavy?
Marion might go to the Cavs too.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I wonder what Jono's Asian friend thinks of the Pacers chances this year.

I feel so bad for George though, hope he can recover from it.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the cavs now have a strong starting lineup but do they have enough depth yet for contend for a championship?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder what Jono's Asian friend thinks of the Pacers chances this year.

I feel so bad for George though, hope he can recover from it.
they are at least a couple of steps behind the bulls and the heat, they will obviously make the playoffs but in my opinion will not contend this year...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I wish I knew Jono's azn friend, **** I would have given him an absolute pasting last year. **** I was right about everything.

Anyways, np10, I honestly cbf replying right now but I think you're taking a hell of a lot out of one season of evidence. Like I said I don't think they're incapable of being a fantastic offence (if Pau is still actually Pau) but I just don't think it will happen. Happy to be proved wrong.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Been hearing about this kid seemingly for years. Regarding the article, is there really a potential for basketball in India? I would love to be able to someday watch a poorly played India vs Pakistan game.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Been hearing about this kid seemingly for years. Regarding the article, is there really a potential for basketball in India? I would love to be able to someday watch a poorly played India vs Pakistan game.
potential in india, not that i know of! india vs pak would would be thoroughly mediocre fare dripping with intensity...