• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Whether it is Spo or not, a team that has 2 other players (Lebron apart) who could be 1st options on another team should not be heralded for doing what a 3rd/4th option in any other title challenging team can do. Bosh had 0 points in Game 7 last year and the Game 6 before only made a handful of plays (important plays but it should never come to that if he plays to his ability). Wade is inconsistent going from below average to above average every other game but that's not what should be happening with these players.

2011 and to a lesser extent 2012 were the only seasons that they played together where the other two actually showed up most of the time. They lost 2011 because Lebron lost it himself, but from then on he's been the clear #1 while the other two have continuously faded. It's easy to see and it's even clearer when you look at some of the stats. The last two years playoffs stats for the big 3:

2013 - 2014
Lebron: 26/8/7 on 49/38/78 - 27/7/6 on 57/38/75
Wade: 16/5/5 on 46/25/75 - 18/4/4 on 50/38/77
Bosh: 12/7/2 on 46/41/73 - 16/7/1 on 52/34/82

The funny thing is the stats this year are better than last year :laugh: And this is a team that is not really deep, they rely on older players having a good series here or there. They need those guys to basically cover the scoring load since they are so top heavy. That's the whole point of the big 3 in this instance and they've utterly failed him. I wouldn't blame Lebron if he opted out.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
The funny thing is the stats this year are better than last year :laugh: And this is a team that is not really deep, they rely on older players having a good series here or there. They need those guys to basically cover the scoring load since they are so top heavy. That's the whole point of the big 3 in this instance and they've utterly failed him. I wouldn't blame Lebron if he opted out.
That's because stats don't tell the whole story. They obviously had much more of an impact last year.

Pacers 2012, OKC 2012, Spurs 2013. They picked up the slack when LeBron was shrinking and LeBron picked up the slack when they were. That's why LeBron wanted Miami, so when he gives up after having carried the team, the team can carry him. Unfortunately for them, he was completely shut down in 2011 robbing Wade of a potential finals MVP, and unfortunately for him they were completely shutdown in 2014.

And again, if you watch the games you see how marginalized Bosh's role has always been. He's a PF turned into a spot-up shooter, what the **** do you expect him to do?

BTW, the stats you posted are still very good help for anybody, granted you have a good coach and system.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
What if one or more of the Big 3 gets dumped in a draft day deal? You, maybe Bosh for Lin and Asik? Anyway, the Spurs seem to fit so well.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway, we all know the real reason Heat sucked. This was Wade's revenge.
:laugh:

I think what the stats don't show is that last year they were better defensively but they still don't paint Wade or Bosh out as the stars they're expected to be.

I also think it's in the tougher series that lack of support has been illuminated because they've struggled more...that's natural. But Lebron has still been shouldering a load more than you'd really expect with such a side.

Riggins

International Captain
I find it strange that there was that one series last year where Bosh just started rolling to the rim on all of Lebron's pnr plays (i think against the pacers) and he torched it and he was unguardable. Then afterwards just went back to playing within the system and shooting mid rangers.

I know the Spurs play gorgeous ball and their systems maximises the limited talent of a bunch of guys on their team, but I just feel like if the Spurs had the kind of talent Miami did Pop wouldn't have them playing the same way. The Heat offense seems to limit especially Bosh, but also LeBron. (Until they get to that point where Lebron just ends up going one on five and taking a jumper, which also isn't ideal.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i understand your point but they would've killed for 25 points from anyone else in the series.
Who's shots is he taking? He'll stop the ball and involve less of the team getting touches and moving the D around. As someone who saw him check out mid season Denver I can imagine it happening again. Lol at him and Wade taking less to make it happen.

duffer

Barkley nailed it too . Heat have no shot blockers apart from Birdman. Problem is he gets block horny and tries it every time.

Any forward with a good pump fake is drawing a foul.

Riggins

International Captain
Hey I don't like Carmelo and I don't like Dwyane Wade, and I don't think it's going to happen nor is it there biggest issue, but the suggestion they wouldn't have benefited from someone else scoring 25 a game is nonsense. When Wade was healthy and giving them that they could let other guys focus on D, rather than being so desperate to find some offense somewhere they play Michael ****ing Beasley.

duffer

Looks like the Nuggz are making a play for Love. Reading some of the Wolves fans post makes me unsure. It seems they want Faried, Gallo and the 11th. Can't see Denver doing it for a rental. Rather see what Shaw can do with the current roster not being completely decimated like last season.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Now Golden State have apparently indicated they are willing to deal Klay Thompson, as part of the deal to get Love.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Rondo again on the block. What say you andruid?
Any trade partners named in particular this time? With Danny Ainge strictly speaking everybody is on the block. Rondo in particular's been mentioned in some sort of rumor every off season and trade deadline without fail for at least half his tenure in Boston.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
True, but who can give him max money AND a stron supporting cast this off season? Miami is the 'devil I know' in this scenario