• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It's an incredibly tough one. If we get Melo or Love, then I lean towards no, but I wouldn't be mad at the FO for doing it. If not then hell yes.
Which rookie would you most want the Bulls to draft if this Noah scenario was to eventuate? I'm still unsure who's going to be drafted number 1.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For the Aussies. Dante Exum, going to be a lottery pick. He's only 18 but looks like the type of guy we could put Patty next to.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the heat are going to be desperate now…this is going to be a slugfest however long it continues…i hope s.a can maintain the same intensity for one more game...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
What a ****ing game so far. Wow.

Which rookie would you most want the Bulls to draft if this Noah scenario was to eventuate? I'm still unsure who's going to be drafted number 1.
Yeah no clue. If there's no Melo then I would think we'd draft based highest ceiling and not who fits the current system better, which may well be Wiggins. FO can't afford to think about who would fit better next to Rose anymore, as sad as the thought is.

Fusion

Global Moderator
As a Mavs fan, the 2011 Finals was the greatest feeling of all time. But watching this has been an absolute joy as well. :)

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Feel sorry for Lebron. It was 1 v 5 out there. The rest of the team were garbage. He's been carrying them for 2 seasons, at least.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
what an awesome display by the spurs! beautiful basketball…lebron just didn't have any support, never thought much of bosh but it is sad to wade decline so much…makes you appreciate the even older spurs stars that much more...

dermo

International Vice-Captain
didnt the heat put a lot effort into resting up wade throughout the season to have him ready for the finals to? must be a shame to get pretty much nothing out of him

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Feel sorry for Lebron. It was 1 v 5 out there. The rest of the team were garbage. He's been carrying them for 2 seasons, at least.
It's on Spo. How many plays did he run for Bosh? Why did he expect a clearly ageing Wade to be just as effective at Iso's? If they think Melo givingo them 25 points on 45% is going t help I'll piss myself.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Disagree? When it comes to the playoffs he basically has to do it all. Facilitate, score, and guard from 1-5 at times. It's gotten ridiculous that Wade and Bosh are still called stars.

It's on Spo. How many plays did he run for Bosh? Why did he expect a clearly ageing Wade to be just as effective at Iso's? If they think Melo givingo them 25 points on 45% is going t help I'll piss myself.
True, but, I think it's more than that. Look at the playoff and finals averages for those guys. They're...garbage. Leonard got no plays run for him and look what he was still capable to do...basketball IQ man. The bench also went missing this post season. All Miami have are names, if they could hit the reset button 3/4 of the players are gone.

I don't think Melo is going to shoot 45% in the long run with them. He'll get efficient just as Lebron, Wade and Bosh did under Spo. But IMO they need a rebounding presence as much as they need another reliable scorer. I mean, it's getting ridiculous now...4 seasons without an interior defence is negligence.

i understand your point but they would've killed for 25 points from anyone else in the series.
Exactly, they win game 1 and probably don't give up the lead in game 5 if they have someone even hitting at .450.

Lebron's averages for the finals were: 28/8/4/2 on 57/52/79 ...those are brilliant figures. He was the best player in the series by far but clearly in the worst team but it will all be forgotten because his teammates couldn't help him...like at all.

Having said all that...Spurs deserved it...they were amazing defensively and offensively. I'm not sure you'll see better shooting performances from a team again.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah look, the 'LeBron has no help' rhetoric works out this time around because a) Wade missed 30 games to rest and still sucked in the playoffs and b) as duffer said Spo doesn't know how to use Bosh, but to say he's been carrying them for 2 seasons at least is just disingenuous. LeBron had plenty of help in 2012 and only had to play out of his mind in maybe 2 playoff games in order to win it all. Last year there was a lot of Miami Cavaliers rhetoric from ESPN because we had seen Wade's slump starting and Heat struggling as a result. But the fact is Wade and Bosh, while not getting impressive numbers, demanded a lot of attention and made key plays when it mattered. He didn't have that in Cleveland so it was an unfair comparison and I remember bitching about it here.

We don't need to look at the averages to see that Wade and Bosh were garbage this year, and I'm sure if there was ANY real competition in the East, Miami may not have made it to the finals. But duffer makes a great point that the coach has a lot to do with it. Kawhi ran around and put up great numbers because the system allows it and because the coach gave him the freedom. If Spo is going to park Bosh on the perimeter because he's more likely to make a three than the other two, how is it solely down to Bosh that he doesn't get the numbers you expect of him?

Anyway, I actually really felt bad for LeBron last night and thought he acted very classy after the loss even through the press conference. The only way forward has to be to make Bosh a proper #2 to LeBron, I've always felt that would be the better strategy than having James and Wade taking turns running iso. Pick up a young 2 guard (no idea who's available) and have Wade come off the bench, but yeah, to Ikki's point, they finally finally need to try and fill the front court gap. No idea how they get that accomplished without trading Bosh or something.

Last edited: