• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
They must really hate Danny Ainge at the Knicks now. Except for the 3 1st round picks we are getting from the Nets I am not happy with this trade. Though given how well Danny can draft, then again maybe it was worth it losing KG and Paul Pierce.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
What a weird draft. The KG and Pierce blockbuster an obvious "wtf" moment but I think both teams made out pretty well (the Nets are going to be super interesting next season, that's for sure) but I think my biggest trade of the day was Philly giving up Jrue for Nerlins. What were they thinking? I know big is harder to get in the NBA but Jrue was amazing last season and they gave him up for an injured big man with no offensive game at all. They'd want to hope he works as hard as Calipari says he does.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
What a weird draft. The KG and Pierce blockbuster an obvious "wtf" moment but I think both teams made out pretty well (the Nets are going to be super interesting next season, that's for sure) but I think my biggest trade of the day was Philly giving up Jrue for Nerlins. What were they thinking? I know big is harder to get in the NBA but Jrue was amazing last season and they gave him up for an injured big man with no offensive game at all. They'd want to hope he works as hard as Calipari says he does.
They're tanking hard this season.

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Lakers were probably better off without Dwight long term. Don't think he had it in him to lead a team like that in a city like that.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the lakers barely made the playoffs last year, with howard out, they may be headed to the lottery...

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
the lakers barely made the playoffs last year, with howard out, they may be headed to the lottery...
It wouldn't be the worst time for the Lakers to head to the lottery considering who's going to be number 1 next year.

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Wouldn't even have to tank that much, just get some lottery balls and then let Stern work his magic. :p

Speaking of amnesty, looks like the Lakers are going to do it with World Peace.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
On the other hand a core of Nash, Bryant, Gasol when healthy could still contend for a playoff place. Then again that is a pretty big if