• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't necessarily disagree with him on any points (except that Hibbert is underrated on offense, I'd honestly say he's overrated at this point) but it doesn't change the fact that if they both play well Miami is the better team, significantly. "Play well" being the key words there.

Miami's biggest problem this series has been the disappearance of their three point shooting from the corners (which Indiana has taken largely away). Especially Battier and Allen. Look what happened when Mike Miller hit two threes in a row yesterday, Miami nearly took the lead in a 2 minute stretch. They miss that shooting more than they miss Wade and Bosh IMO, though they link to each other in ways. If George Hill knows that he doesn't have to worry about helping on Wade he can stay with Allen, Battier, or Chalmers and make sure they aren't getting clean looks. Bosh was never going to be successful in this series, his game isn't inside and he's too small to compete with the strength of Indiana. Vogel has been smart to take away the three-pointer, and if the Heat win tomorrow (I don't know if they will) it will be because Lebron James was the best player on the court.
I told him that if the Pacers win the series I'm going to lie and pretend that there was no Asian guy and it was me making detailed and serious basketball posts all along!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, love that ep. I reckon I watched that ep before I even knew what Planet of the Apes was. So when I finally watched the movie I already knew the ending. All thanks to Troy McClure.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Gotta say though, Lebron stans on every site I've been on have used that one clip to justify Lebron's flopping. Yeah let's completely ignore the fact that a) MJ did not have a rep for flopping b) that's not even a clear flop and c) even if MJ was a big flopper, how the hell does that justify the horrible acting job LBJ does every other game while having a clear advantage of being the best player on the court in any given game?

Anyway, horrible game 7 to watch from a neutral perspective. Heat D frustrated them all game, but the Pacers played like it was just another game. Credit to Spo for outcoaching Vogel in games 1 and 7, and full credit to Miami for grabbing all those boards over Hibbert and West.

EDIT: don't think dcye is a stan ftr. Just a ****.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Awesome description below of the Heat and Spurs fan from Grantland (I realize that my begrudging love manifesto to the Spurs a few pages ago is very similar to what’s being described but I don’t care. This is hilarious).

The Fans

Heat fans. If you're dealing with a Heat fan from somewhere other than Florida, there's a good chance you've encountered the worst kind of front-runner on earth, as well as the target demographic for Axe body spray. If you're dealing with a Heat fan from Miami, there's a decent chance that person has been party to some form of financial fraud in recent years, and is also the target demographic for Axe body spray. Neither group watched Heat games three years ago, and they all think that (a) LeBron James is better than Michael Jordan, and (b) Drake's new album is so swag. In general: A LOT of Heat fans are Justin Bieber, but only one of them is actually Justin Bieber.

Spurs fans. To the Spurs fan, if you don't like the Spurs, or if you think the Spurs are boring, you simply don't understand basketball. You must not really appreciate THE SPORT if you can't appreciate this team. Even Lakers fans aren't that obnoxious. Likewise, Tim Duncan is the most underappreciated player of his generation, says the Spurs fan, ignoring that every basketball fan on earth would call him the greatest power forward of all time. Finally, the Spurs fan knows deep down that his team is the only team really playing The Right Way. Everyone else? Just a bunch of me-firsters out there freelancing like it's an All-Star Game. If only they could all play like the Spurs …

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
How silly of me to forget that he's a robot who can't grasp the irony of the words put in front of him.

Seriously though, I'm not even hating. It's hilarious, and you'd see that if you weren't so busy being a Lebron apologist.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I actually was asking a genuine question, tbh, and somewhat agreeing with you. I guess that didn't come across well. I was trying to imply that if he had an input into it, he was stupid.

Then again, the things people do for sponsor moneys.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Also, the whole idea that he needs "apologists" is so goddamn ********. He made a poor choice and handled it poorly publicly, he **** the bed in the NBA finals, he's amazing at basketball. That's all there is. I'm not an apologist, I love basketball and don't particularly care about the rest of it.