• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
So happy to read the Jason Collins story. Hopefully he encourages more players to stop denying themselves and come out.
He's a free agent now. Lets see if anyone's actually willing to toss him the ~ vet min contract his actual basketball skills are worth or if all this back slapping is just talk. He'd make a good veteran big, with his height and solid screens.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He's a free agent now. Lets see if anyone's actually willing to toss him the ~ vet min contract his actual basketball skills are worth or if all this back slapping is just talk. He'd make a good veteran big, with his height and solid screens.
There's no doubt that he'll be picked up and he would've been if this never happened. He's spent all of his career in the league just to guard the best big men and set solid picks. Someone in the west will pick him up just to spend some time on Dwight like he did for ATL the last few seasons and soak up 6 fouls. Spurs maybe.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Personally I'm hoping Boston bring him back, now that I've given up on Chris Wilcox ever taking rebounding, or any defence seriously.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
No Rose
No Deng
No Hinrich
No problem

Seriously though, Noah is a ****ing warrior. I can't imagine how much pain he's been in throughout this series, and he straight up owns Lopez in a game 7. 24/14 and 6 blocks.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nets were a joke today. Played well for 5 minutes.

Not looking forward to the ridiculous amount of "will Rose come back to play the Heat?" bull**** we're gonna hear though\.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
So what do we think now that the Westbrook situation has shaken out?

I think Spurs vs. Grizz is almost a lock for the WCF. The Spurs will torch the Warriors on offense, who's gonna stay in front of TP and Manu? The Grizz will do the business without Westbrook in the series imo, Tony Allen will make it hard enough for Durant and they have absolutely nothing else on offense.

East is interesting. The Bulls are a monster, I think they'll take it 6 at least, but probably lose, and I have no idea who's going to win Pacers-Knicks.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah I can't even turn the sports radio on anymore because of the Rose BS.

I think KD is gonna beast and put up career numbers, but that won't be enough to get them past Memphis. Grizz in 6. Spurs are gonna eat GSW alive despite Curry playing out of his mind. Spurs in 5.

The East is about to get absolutely nasty. There is not a team left in the East that doesn't absolutely hate, just hate, the other three teams. Anyway, my Bulls have a lot of heart but they're outmatched and beat-up, and Wade's coming off eight days of much needed rest. If Deng and Hinrich are healthy I can see it going to 6, otherwise we're out in 5. Pacers will beat out Knicks in 6 or 7. We've seen how the Knicks respond to physical play and Pacers are about as physical as it gets.

I think Spurs vs Grizzlies will be a fun series with Memphis going to the finals to face the defending champs Miami, who will beat out Pacers in 6 or 7 depending on Wade's health.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Two bad plays drawn up at the end there and it's OKC's game.

Still, it took a ridiculous performance from Martin to get this done. He won't be able to do that all series.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
The Heat-Bulls and Pacers-Knicks series could serve as a very interesting study of small ball v. size. Noah, Lebron, Hibbert and Melo the key characters here. Out west methinks its a case of can the Spurs be stopped?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
BULLS!

I know **** all about basketball but it amazes me how short the favourites are in the sport when they play at home.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Haha, I can't believe this ****ing team. This is Miami's series until they **** it up, but man oh man do I love watching the Bulls play. My wife was going nuts on FB like a n00b fan. I think I've created a monster.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
BULLS!

I know **** all about basketball but it amazes me how short the favourites are in the sport when they play at home.
Considering 3 of their best 5 players were out injured for the game and this Heat team broke their franchise record for wins in a season, had the second longest winning streak of all time (27 games) and have a player who just won his 3rd MVP in 4 years, whatever the line was, it was fair.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Considering 3 of their best 5 players were out injured for the game and this Heat team broke their franchise record for wins in a season, had the second longest winning streak of all time (27 games) and have a player who just won his 3rd MVP in 4 years, whatever the line was, it was fair.
Bulls were down by 2 points in the last quarter and paying like $5 or something. Obviously you know far far more than me, but that seemed cray cray.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
On the other hand, one could say they lost because he scored 44 points. What were his percentages. Whilst we are here the absurd made up rumors are already with us Stephen A. hearing C's-Clips whispers - Boston Celtics Blog - ESPN Boston
They lost because when they needed him most in the end of the 4th an OT, he was absolutely ****ed from playing every minute of the game. And saying he shot too much is just completely absurd, who else is going to shoot it on that team?

Riggins

International Captain
klay's 6th foul was huge. 50-50 call, if that goes the other way, which it probably would have at home, don't think they lose that.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
They lost because when they needed him most in the end of the 4th an OT, he was absolutely ****ed from playing every minute of the game. And saying he shot too much is just completely absurd, who else is going to shoot it on that team?
Point taken. Don't know Golden State's roster well enough I was assuming The Spurs defensive scheme was to based on reducing the Warrior's offence to bad Curry isos.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, just saw this GIF. Nate Robinson is so gangsta... a little floater and then a slap on Lebron on the way down.