• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think he's referring to an A category ticket or possibly courtside, but I've read plenty of articles about a "Staples premium" that's applied for just about everything that is on there.

Either way it is a minor point in the context of what that article is trying to get at. The absolute ineptitude of the Clippers organisation from top to bottom and how all their fans probably wish they were born Lakers fans instead :happy:

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
if d wade keeps up his current run then he'll go close to mvp. Kobe wil only win it if Lakers finish with a much better record than cleveland and that seems to be slowly slipping away. god i hate lebron james
i hope either kobe or d wade takes it out

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
if d wade keeps up his current run then he'll go close to mvp. Kobe wil only win it if Lakers finish with a much better record than cleveland and that seems to be slowly slipping away. god i hate lebron james
i hope either kobe or d wade takes it out
wade will not win it for the simple reason his team is not doing very well...kobe and the lakers can still finish with the best record in the league but lebron's performances for cleveland have just been more memorable than kobe's with the lakers...his stats are more impressive and while i like kobe better i can't help admitting that lebron would deserve an mvp this year...

duffer

The only thing about Lebron which annoys me is that he's been a walking talking ESPN commercial the minute he walked into league and was anointed Magic reincarnate without having to earn it.

Some of th ethings he is starting to do now does justify the hype he had from day 1 but he still is the type of player who has to win his team the game early. Have yet to see him annihilate a contending team in the last 4-5 minutes of a game to win the game like Kobe has done so many times over his career.

He is so good though that I do think he'll get there and I find him hard to dislike as he seems a well grounded young guy who's getting and taking good advice and is working harder than anyone to stay at the top.

The one thing in the NBA that does get me these days is the pathetic "analysis" from ESPN and guys like Barkley who somehow put the Utah Jazz as the only team who can challenge the Lakers and Spurs in the West. Well looking at it now I see a team who is 1-14 on the road against +.500 teams and have 8 of their last 15 games on the road against above .500 teams.

So with this in mind and them being tied with Denver half a game behind Portland, how in the world are they going to win their division and get top 4 seed for the Finals? And how are they going to go in the playoffs trying to win series' on the road against the best teams in the West? If they do come out of this stretch on top then I'll happily eat humble pie but no-one in the media has seemed to acknowledge this major weakness Utah have had for years. Such an overrated team, would place them with Dallas as the also-rans making up the numbers in the playoff race this year.

duffer

Against who? Cleveland were the comeback kings last season but he never did it against a hgih caliber team which is what I said.

EDIT: And how many of those games resulted in wins for that team, where were those wins, who made the crucial baskets/misses. And using PER stats when a guy who is the only scoring option against players who have multiple hands to feed is highly flawed way of measuring their stats.

Last edited:

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
yea i know
but how well is wade playing since the all star break, putting up amazing numbers.
i just pray lebron james doesnt win it, i cant explain it. i just hate him. NBA coverage in New zealand seems to equate to whatever team sean marks is playing for at the time. so we've currently been getting a lot of hornets games

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Against who? Cleveland were the comeback kings last season but he never did it against a hgih caliber team which is what I said.

EDIT: And how many of those games resulted in wins for that team, where were those wins, who made the crucial baskets/misses. And using PER stats when a guy who is the only scoring option against players who have multiple hands to feed is highly flawed way of measuring their stats.
maybe, i didn't analyze the stats...but didn't he blitz detroit in an overtime game a couple of years back in the playoffs? he has had a few brilliant 4th quarters so far and the number will keep going up...

Johnners

Scored the Cavs last 29 points against the Pistson in 06/07 (when the made the Finals series) WAG

duffer

See Kobe destroying Battier and Artest the other day as the benchmark for mine. That Pistons series was great but it still backs up that he relies way too much on his jumpers to fall down the stretch. Don't want him to become a T-Mac like chucker in the Finals is all, he's impossible to guard when he goes inside so he really should be looking to do that every time down the stretch, he'd either score, get fouled or have open shooters like Mo, West or Gibson to dish too. Hope he can make that step this season and win his home town team a title. Anyone but the Celtics, Jazz and Spurs and I'll be really happy.

Oh and bad luck for Paddy Mills seeing his St Marys team not qualify for the NCAA tournament. He was on fire until he broke his hand and at one stage they had the longest win streak in the country and were approaching a top 25 seed. Really disappointed it ended the way it did for St Mary's and for Stephen Curry's Davidson.

Paddy might have to wait it out for another season in college because there are a lot of good guards in this years draft who'll be going to the big dance and he'd be borderline first round right now. Next year has way less guard talent and he can hopefully get a ful season to make a claim for a first rounder. Shame it's gone pear shaped for him and Ogilvy this year, was looing forward to having 4 Aussies in the NBA next season :(

Mister Wright

Even without Garnett, it was a massive win for the Bucks against the Celtics, who themselves are without Bogut and Redd. The win keeps them just ahead of the Bulls in the race for 8th spot in the eastern conference.

duffer

An interesting take on the NBA MVP race here

A Western Conference scout on the MVP race:

"LeBron does so much for his team. And he's the most talented player in the NBA and the best athlete in the NBA. But Kobe has mastered the game just like Jordan did.

"He knows when to take a game over. He knows how to win a close game. He's making other players better now. He has improved his low-post game and his long-range game. He has shown us footwork that has never been seen before. He's also the best defender in the NBA when he wants to be.

"LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

Another Western Conference scout on the same topic:

"I was a Boston guy until I saw Cleveland up close and personal. Then I saw Cleveland about three times. They are really, really good, especially now with Delonte [West] back.

"Mike [Brown] has done a really good job with that team. So much less structure on offense now, which has really helped them. Mo [Williams] and Delonte space the floor and make shots. But it's mostly LeBron. He's all over the floor. They're so hard to match up with because he will take the bigger guys off the dribble and post up all the small guys. He has really improved his outside shot and his D.

"Kobe is still the better player, but LeBron is having the better season. He does more things, and his team would be a lot worse without him [than the Lakers without Kobe]."

Johnners

Decent game from LBJ against Orlando today. 43/12/8 and either scored, or threw the last pass in 15 of their last 17 points.

duffer

Helps when you have the ball in your hands on every possesion though :p

EDIT: Also, good to see one Aussie will be in the NCAA tournie this season. Was watching a doco on Aussie Hoops America and they're saying that scouts reckon Luke Nevill who's going to be playing for Utah State in the tournament is a smokey to go late first round in the NBA draft next year. The games will be on ESPN and some on TenHD over the next couple of weeks. Most fun time in basketball tbh.

Last edited:

duffer

Oh and the Sixers-Lakers finish was so sick. Kobe nails a money go ahead three with 6 second on the left but Iggy fires back with a buzzer beater trey of his own to steal it. Happy for Philly they lost three buzzer beater games inclusing that ridiculous Tony Parker one so seeing them get one was nice.