• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Nothing's official yet but he did mention that he's not a 100% ready and he won't come back unless he is. I'm predicting that he'll miss the season, which might be the best thing, but I hear good things regarding his 5-on-5 drills. Basically, us fans have suspected since the beginning of the season that his chances of playing this season are slim to none, but the media had been speculating that he'll return around AS break for some reason which is what's causing the confusion. Bulls management or Rose himself have never given a timetable. He'll be back when he'll be back.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
As stupid as it sounds to say, the reason is Adrian Peterson.
Oh yeah I had forgotten about that injury comparison that ESPN was beating to death. AP finally came out and said himself that it's literally a completely different ball game. You put a lot more stress on your knee in basketball and you do it more often than once a week. I was surprised by the first part, but I'm paraphrasing what he said. Nick Friedel, who is an annoying ****, really tries his best to instigate the fans regarding the injury by comparing Rose to AP, Shumpert, and even Rubio, basically implying that the bulls management isn't telling us the full story. Well of course they're not, because of ****s like you! And I for one am fine with that.

Interestingly enough the local radio guys (Carmen, Yerko, and Harry, and Waddle/Silvy) have a much better perspective on this and they keep pointing out that no two injuries are the same, and that the others who came back from their injuries earlier aren't expected to carry the load Rose is.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Perfect example today of why I want this drama to end ASAP. Rose missed a practice today and Vecsey tweets

Derrick Rose did not show up for practice today. Sources say management is putting pressure on him to play. Feels he's not mentally ready
and everyone starts crying about Rose being a *****. Hours later

Rafer Weigel ‏@RaferWeigel

Tweets that Derrick Rose missed practice unexcused disputed by #Bulls. Team reps say @DRose was excused for a Dentist's appointment.
Then Nick Friedel, who's usually on my bad side

Conspiracy theorists will love this but Thibs said team didn't do much at all and most guys just shot. Said Derrick's status hasn't changed.
Makes sense why he'd pick such a day to take care of an appointment. Getting real tired of this ****.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Why have half the Eastern Conference playoff suddenly stopped playing basket ball. This everybody lost so the race for 4th seed stays as is... :ranting:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Oh man. I was sweating bullets at the end there. What a game.

I just love this ****ing team. They don't know how to give up. I like this version of Boozer that shows up against Miami. Captain Kirk is so underrated.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I know they had injuries and broke the streak and all, but the way the players celebrated that game was a bit ridiculous. You won a single game in March, not the championship.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I know they had injuries and broke the streak and all, but the way the players celebrated that game was a bit ridiculous. You won a single game in March, not the championship.
Aye, I'll pass that along to them. How embarrassing.

Seriously, it wasn't the least bit ridiculous if you were plugged in to what they've been going through. Injury after injury to key players, Rose's camp telling Rose not to come back because this team can't beat Miami, sports media repeating that over and over as well, a really bad few weeks on the road and home. Add to that the fact it's ****ing Miami on a ridiculous run, playing hard on every possession and damn near every fan in the building was into the game? It was a huge win at this point of the season and a much needed morale boost just weeks from the playoffs. It's impossible not to get emotional and celebrate when you're the team that broke this streak.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Aye, I'll pass that along to them. How embarrassing.

Seriously, it wasn't the least bit ridiculous if you were plugged in to what they've been going through. Injury after injury to key players, Rose's camp telling Rose not to come back because this team can't beat Miami, sports media repeating that over and over as well, a really bad few weeks on the road and home. Add to that the fact it's ****ing Miami on a ridiculous run, playing hard on every possession and damn near every fan in the building was into the game? It was a huge win at this point of the season and a much needed morale boost just weeks from the playoffs. It's impossible not to get emotional and celebrate when you're the team that broke this streak.
Haha, yeah I didn't know about any of that going on hey, I had no idea. All of the stuff about Rose has been really under-reported and there were injuries!?. Wake up to yourself. I didn't have a problem with celebrating. Celebrating like you won a championship was a bit much for me. If you beat Miami in the second round, then yeah, go for it.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Haha, yeah I didn't know about any of that going on hey, I had no idea. All of the stuff about Rose has been really under-reported and there were injuries!?. Wake up to yourself. I didn't have a problem with celebrating. Celebrating like you won a championship was a bit much for me. If you beat Miami in the second round, then yeah, go for it.
So what, the celebration makes it seem to you like they're taking it too seriously? Or they don't have their priorities straight? Was it a bit much for you that Miami walked away from the court without shaking hands? Maybe they're all just competitors who played their hearts out in a physical game against fierce rivals.

I don't mean to pick on your post, but I really don't get posts like these. They should regulate their enthusiasm? Whoa hey, don't celebrate taking Sachin's wicket too much, that should be reserved for when you win the match you idiot!

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah, injuries. The lot of every other Eastern Conference contender bar Miami. Still pretty important statement win for Chicago.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
In fact I'll go as far as to say if you put together Boston, Chicago, and The Knicks injured players right now in one roster they'd give Miami a hell of a series

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Steven Adams declares for the draft.

Dumb move, all about the $$$.

Should've stayed at Pitt for another year.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
This is the same team that lost to Toronto and Detroit, but beat Miami and New York on hot streaks...
They ain't nearly as bad at getting whacked by Lottery teams as the Celtics. Bloody lost the regular season series against the Charlotte Bobcats IIRC. NATE ROBINSON'S A BEAST THOUGH

Last edited: