• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Given what the Maloofs are capable of the deal could still collapse
Yeah I just read that there are a couple of groups interested in buying and keeping the team in Sacramento. The Seattle group has is a handshake agreement with the Maloofs but yeah I'll believe it when it happens.

In other news, bulls still own the Knicks.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I just read that there are a couple of groups interested in buying and keeping the team in Sacramento. The Seattle group has is a handshake agreement with the Maloofs but yeah I'll believe it when it happens.
In other news, bulls still own the Knicks.
And with Derick Rose comin back I reckon these guys could blow by both Miami and Boston (who planned their refrecvi off seasons eyeing each other)

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
We can only beat Miami in the playoffs if we're healthy and our front court steps up offensively, that's the only way we can them really hurt them.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
We can only beat Miami in the playoffs if we're healthy and our front court steps up offensively, that's the only way we can them really hurt them.
Boston took em to game 7 with the likes of Greg Stiemsma, Ryan Hollins and Sean Williams passing for Kevin Garnett's back up. The real conundrum in that squad is Lebron James

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Deng can't stop LeBron, but he can slow him down some. This is where Noah's health and help defense, and overall perimeter defense to take away his drive and kick will be crucial. In '11, our biggest problem was actually our offense, and as long as our bigs can keep up the excellent interior passing and not just rely on Rose to get them the ball, I see us being a huge threat to Miami. Boozer would also have to be a factor. If LeBron keeps playing the 4, Booz needs to let him know that he needs to be guarded so James can't help on Rose as effectively.

This is all assuming Rose is back, healthy, and playing with confidence.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Another ridiculous game between Chicago and Boston. Refs took over and both teams made a lot of boneheaded plays, but still a great watch.

That makes 3 in a row for us, meaning we'll lose tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Before recent games you would say Kobe had been shooting efficiently and his team had been letting him down. Now, he's cost them games as he's gone back to being a chucker.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
MDA is running him into the ground though. He's got no lift on that jumper these last few games after playing a ridiculous amount of minutes.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
He has been playing a lot...but if he is tired he shouldn't be shooting so god damn much. Mofo still thinks he's Jordan.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
He has been playing a lot...but if he is tired he shouldn't be shooting so god damn much. Mofo still thinks he's Jordan.
Again, I feel dirty defending him, but did you watch the Bulls game? He looked to pass and made some great plays in the first half, and was responsible for the comeback in the 3rd quarter. Afterwards, every time he tried passing the ball down low we would easily strip Howard and denied Gasol everything. Thibs was doing this to make Kobe shoot more, and it worked, but it would not have if Howard could hold on to the ball long enough to draw fouls or if Pau could muscle his way in to get position. Plus Hinrich was having his best game of the season while locking Nash down and Jimmy played incredible defense on Kobe throughout the game.

I mean, don't get me wrong, there's certainly a feeling that Kobe's going for the scoring title and/or Kareem's record down the line, but it's not entirely his fault he shoots so damn much.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Celtics lose 4 on the trot :ranting:
I think I'm stating the obvious here, but Boston's in a no win situation this year. If they make the playoffs, they're guaranteed to run up against Miami or Chicago (unless we choke) and both teams are a matchup nightmare. At the same time they're too good to not make the playoffs and get a lottery pick.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I think I'm stating the obvious here, but Boston's in a no win situation this year. If they make the playoffs, they're guaranteed to run up against Miami or Chicago (unless we choke) and both teams are a matchup nightmare. At the same time they're too good to not make the playoffs and get a lottery pick.
Its that dang bench! When they ball Jeff Green, Jason Terry, Courtney Lee could all conceivably be 6th in the man of the year discussion, yet the only one with real consistency this year is the tubby, undersized draft pick Jared Sullinger. As far as as match ups go I reckon the current roster was assembled with only Miami in mind (and if that bench shows up could still make life really hard for them).

Fusion

Global Moderator
Devastating for the Celtics. This will even impact them next year as there's no guarantee he'll be fully recovered by the start of next season.