Cricket Player Manager
Page 156 of 253 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3786
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: ***Official NBA Thread***

  1. #2326
    Cricketer Of The Year Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    9,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Where's that ban button....
    thought of you when i typed that...but i just think a healthy 'bron and wade with a healthy dose of bosh will prove to be too much for dallas...of course if one of the big two is hurt, it will be moreunpredictable...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

  2. #2327
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,563
    Feel bad for Rose and the Bulls. That must have been a little heart-breaking.

    So it's the rematch of the 2006 Finals. That Finals is the worst sports memory of my life. The way the Mavs lost (6 minutes away from being up 3-0, only to lose game 3 and the next 3 as well). Wade and the refs still haunt every Mavs fan to this day. We both have different teams this time around. Wade is not the same player he was in that series, Dirk is certainly not the same player now. The supporting cast is completely different for both teams. Miami is the favorite, but I like our chances. Bring it on.

    Edit: Someone needs to check on Prowler. I'm worried about his well being right now.
    Last edited by Fusion; 26-05-2011 at 10:31 PM.

  3. #2328
    Cricketer Of The Year Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    9,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Feel bad for Rose and the Bulls. That must have been a little heart-breaking.

    So it's the rematch of the 2006 Finals. That Finals is the worst sports memory of my life. The way the Mavs lost (6 minutes away from being up 3-0, only to lose game 3 and the next 3 as well). Wade and the refs still haunt every Mavs fan to this day. We both have different teams this time around. Wade is not the same player he was in that series, Dirk is certainly not the same player now. The supporting cast is completely different for both teams. Miami is the favorite, but I like our chances. Bring it on.

    Edit: Someone needs to check on Prowler. I'm worried about his well being right now.
    the bulls still need to become a little more battle-hardened before they can win a championship, but they have a young team and plenty of time so np10 doesn't need to be suicidally depressed or something...but to your point regarding the refs, i have always felt that dirk while a fantastic offensive player gets some of the softest foul calls in the league...in my opinion much more so than other superstars...
    Last edited by Anil; 26-05-2011 at 11:00 PM.

  4. #2329
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    but to your point regarding the refs, i have always felt that dirk while a fantastic offensive player gets some of the softest foul calls in the league...in my opinion much more so than other superstars...
    Woa really? If you only see the final finutes of Game 4 & 5 vs OKC and see him get mauled and not get the calls (yet still make the shot), I don't think you would come away with that impression. Dirk has faced that his entire career. It use to be that he was primarily a jump shooter and didn't attack the basket often, so when he did, he wouldn't get the calls. He has certainly changed and gets in the paint all the time now, unfortunately IMO, he still doesn't get the calls (as compared to other "superstars"). And you would have a hard time convincing me that ANYONE in this league gets more "soft" calls than Wade, though to Wade's credit, he does attack the rim more than anyone else in the league so he creates more opportunities to earn those calls. We will just have to strongly disagree on this one Anil.


  5. #2330
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    the bulls still need to become a little more battle-hardened before they can win a championship, but they have a young team and plenty of time so np10 doesn't need to be suicidally depressed or something
    Haha no way. While this series was very disappointing from an offensive perspective, this is exactly how far I expected them to go this year before the playoffs even started. I never thought they'd make it out of the East with just Rose on offense.

    But...we've still got a 22 year old MVP, an amazing defense, a great coach, and a relatively young team. We're just one piece away from being the best in the East. Our D held Miami to around 85 points in almost every game, had our offense been there (we missed a ton of open shots in every fourth quarter) this series could've easily gone the other way.

    An incredible season considering where we were last year.
    RIP Craigos

  6. #2331
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,451
    One of JR Smith or Jamal Crawford are ending up Chicago this off-season (lockout pending) surely. Given another wingman who can shoot from the perimeter but create his own shot in and out of the paint, the Bulls will be amazing next season. Boozer needs to stfu and make some baskets though (heh). No matter how bad JR/JC are on D, in that system they can be great, assuming they can buy into Thibs.

    If Dwight somehow manages to magically stay in Orlando (or the Nets lol), the East could be quite good in the coming years.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

  7. #2332
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,451
    ps. Joakim Noah is the most amazing defender to watch since KG with the Timberwolves circa 04-07.

  8. #2333
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,303
    Agree with both posts. I really liked Crawford this year, I think he'd be a great fit, not sure how he'd feel playing for the Bulls again. He left on bad terms IIRC. Also wish Thibs would throw out that playpamphlet he uses in games and actually get a playbook. FMD.

    I really really love Noah. You could see the lack of defensive intensity when he was out for a few games in the season. The players may have bought into Thibs system, but I really believe Noah and Deng's attitude on defense really changed this team. And to think people still cry we didn't trade him for Melo. We may or may not score more with Melo, but we always defend well with Noah. I've seen him successfully guard 3-4-5 easily, often even 2's.

  9. #2334
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,451
    Yeah I'm not sure if Jamal will come back, but tbh I think JR would be a good fit for the Bulls anyway. He may not try on D (and be a bit of a headcase, which is an issue, but there's some very good character guys on the Bulls) but he's long for his position, he's young and athletic which means if they can get him buying in reasonably he'll hold his own enough, unlike Bogans, Korver etc who are either old or not athletic enough. Plus no man in the NBA gets hot like JR Smith does, to have that explosiveness in another position is something they really need.

    The thing with Crawford is that he's essentially the only proven backcourt player on the market this offseason, which is going to put him in demand and the Bulls may not be willing to pay his price. JR will be affordable and has a higher upside.

  10. #2335
    International Coach Ikki's Avatar
    Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Death Queen Island
    Posts
    12,776


    Great player, great jacket.
    ★★★★★

  11. #2336
    Cricketer Of The Year Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    9,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Woa really? If you only see the final finutes of Game 4 & 5 vs OKC and see him get mauled and not get the calls (yet still make the shot), I don't think you would come away with that impression. Dirk has faced that his entire career. It use to be that he was primarily a jump shooter and didn't attack the basket often, so when he did, he wouldn't get the calls. He has certainly changed and gets in the paint all the time now, unfortunately IMO, he still doesn't get the calls (as compared to other "superstars"). And you would have a hard time convincing me that ANYONE in this league gets more "soft" calls than Wade, though to Wade's credit, he does attack the rim more than anyone else in the league so he creates more opportunities to earn those calls. We will just have to strongly disagree on this one Anil.
    i don't know...it's just an impression but it's one that has been built up over years of watching him and other stars and how the refs treat them...

  12. #2337
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,563
    Played James/Wade. Oh well, on to Game 2. Our goal remains to steal one of the two and we're still in good shape coming back to Dallas.

  13. #2338
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    That Glorious Moustache
    Posts
    19,099
    Not sure whether to believe it or not till it happens, but I'm sure duffer (iirc) will be pretty chuffed about this
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

  14. #2339
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Can Dallas make it 1-1 ? Great come back so far. Miami blowing 15 point lead.

  15. #2340
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,506


    Crazy last 5 mins.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •