• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don't pretend like you don't have an .avi file titled "Grease (1978) DVD rip" on your Desktop.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Of th last 5 or 6 NBA champions who had anything less than elite defending? I'm guessing none. Sure classy offense gets lengthly playoff runs consistently but when you run into an elite defence you get stopped cold. If it were otherwise the Thunder would also have won titles by now.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just wonder how Pringles is gooing to use Gasol. He loves his stretch 4's so I'd expect to see a lot of Jamison playing the 4. Could Pau be on the trade block?

Riggins

International Captain
Simmons suggesting Pau for Josh Smith/Kyle Korver. Scary idea Korver having all the space in the world. Could have a season shooting 60% 3's.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
And he wasn't even shooting that well. How the **** does this happen?

Oh it's Grinnell. Carry on.

EDIT: http://www.coachesclipboard.net/GrinnellOffense.html

It's a "run and gun" offense with offensive possessions often lasting only five seconds in duration (12 seconds at the most), usually resulting in a 3-point shot. Grinnell tries to get over 100 shots per game and over 50 - 60% of those as 3-point shots. They crash the offensive boards with four rebounders, going for the long rebound off missed 3-point shots.

Defensively, Grinnell full-court presses the entire game, using several press defenses, forcing the tempo, trying to create turnovers. They usually force about 28 turnovers per game, but their goal is 32. These forced turnovers often result in easy baskets in transition. Half-court defense is not a huge priority... opponents may score in the half-court, but Coach Arseneault believes his team can simply out-score them using their offensive system and their press defenses.

Of his 15 players, Coach Arseneault will typically have 4 - 6 squads of five players (various 5-player combinations) that he uses. He will substitute five new players every two minutes or so, keeping fresh legs in the game at all times, wearing the opponent down by the end of the game. Many players will get playing time and no-one plays the entire game.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Who or what was painful to watch? In other news Jared Sullinger for rookie of the year. You heard it here first!

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
The bulls blowing a 25+ lead and losing the game.

We're still just a shade under .500, so I hope nobody starts freaking out anytime soon and starts demanding Rose back. This is Chicago after all so I can see this happening. That said, we (still) desperately need more offense, plus we've lost our consistency on defense. This is gonna get pretty ugly until Rose comes back unless we pull off a ridiculous move.