• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Melbourne Tigers used to dominate the North Melbourne though.

Another example of a sport where the Tigers are superior than North Mebourne itbt.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Big M sponsored South East Melbourne Magic had a rich rivalry with the Giants.

D Mac used to dominate that ****. Multiple winner of the coveted 'Golden Hands' trophy.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
The Princeton offence is structured around sets and familiarity with each other, and was originally devised to make an inferior team talent-wise compete with better teams, so if that's your argument then you have a point. The problem with it is that most people don't even understand what it actually is or what the actual problem with the Lakers is.

And in regards to your other point, Steve Nash is nearly forty. He's in shape but he's not a fastbreak guy anymore anyway. His last few years in Phoenix were more about him handling the ball for 20 seconds, running multiple pnr and finding the best look. You don't think having Dwight and Pau to pnr with and hit at either the high or low post is a good thing? Nash won't score more than 10 a game or have more than 8-10 assists a game, just because of the rest of his team and Kobe. That doesn't mean he's not being featured enough because of the offence, it's because he's smart and realises he doesn't have to use the ball effectively on every play to win games.
Yeah fair point and I'm probably fantasizing with Nash's abilities. Are they actually doing PnR with him and Pau/Dwight?

Have heard rumors about Lakers looking at D'Antoni as a possible candidate if this doesn't work. WTF?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Crazy start to the season, Melo's playing on the defensive end and OJ Mayo is erupting. Both won't last but still. I'm just hoping the Nuggz can find some rhythm. They're not shooting the ball well at all and Karl isn't going to coach any defence into them.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I tend to agree with Simmons that the Lakers lucked out in not hiring Jackson. Why would you want a part-time coach, even if that coach is as good as Jackson? At least D'antoni is all in and can be (shockingly!) expected to coach road games as well.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pringles and Nash back together is interesting mainly because we have to see how Kobe now fits into the system. However expect their D to slide even further with him in charge. Not going to win a chip like that. Miami will eat them up as will KD and Westbrook.

Fusion

Global Moderator
However expect their D to slide even further with him in charge. Not going to win a chip like that. Miami will eat them up as will KD and Westbrook.
He's never had a dominating center before. I'm not saying he'll turn the Lakers into a dominating defense, but I think they will improve.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
D'Antoni's Suns teams were middle of the pack in defensive efficiency (15th, 16th, 17th iirc) and when he finally had some players who could play defence at the Knicks they were 10th when he was sacked. His teams don't play the best defence but saying you can't win a chip with it is preposterous. Those Suns teams would've won at least one with any luck. Without the Amare and Diaw suspensions/injury, without the GM lowballing JJ, without Duncan's ridiculous three-bomb.