• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
How ****ing gun is NBA 2k9, could lose 3 months of my life here.
Haha same. Keeping all the players happy is nigh on impossible. Have already lost Nocioni, Hughes, Noah for Tayshaun and Andre Miller and then lost them as well along with Gordon at the end of the season. I absolutely suck at that aspect of the game, and that is an understatement.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, the Association mode is so awesome in that game. Could do with a few tweaks but it's so addictive as it is. I found the rotations difficult to do but eventually figured out that as long as your starters are getting 30 minutes, the 6th man getting 18-20 minimum and role players around 10 minutes they'll all be happy.

Interesting quote from Tayshaun after the Orlando game:

With the situation with Rip being put back in the lineup, there was a sense of urgency

We tried to get Rip going,we know who our No. 1 option is and he carried us in that fourth quarter.
I used to admire that team a lot, but wow for a group of so called solid pro's this is incredible. They may still make the playoffs and cause an upset or two with the talent they have but I hope they don't and I hope they fail in the free agency market this summer. What a bunch of ****s.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
why, because they prefer starting with hamilton instead of iverson? they have all played with hamilton much, much more than iverson, are much more comfortable with him and he fits very well into that lineup...just because dumars tried to plug a.i into that lineup doesn't mean that the team bought into the idea...for me, it's just another example of how iverson doesn't fit into the pistons style of play...

duffer

No because it showed they give more of a damn about their little clique than they do about being pro's and trying to make it work.

And the bad fit excuse doesn't wash, every team in the league have players who aren't ideal to their style of play and have far less talent. That isn't a .500 team, they've just been dogging it to make a ******** point.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the idea that they have deliberately been playing bad as a team to make iverson look bad is so farfetched...i honestly don't believe you are thinking straight on this...:)

duffer

I've seen them play every game, I've heard what they've had to say about it and I've also seen Iverson lead them to wins in LA, San Antonio and against Cleveland while Rip wasn't playing and have come to that conclusion.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
if it were that apparent, why wouldn't any of the sports journos or the game commentators say something(not talking about fan comments or blogs)? i haven't heard or read anything of the sort so far...

duffer

Because mainstream analysts barely watch most of the games anyway and it's a bigger story to blame Iverson. He's a way bigger news draw than any of the other Pistons put together.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Caught the 2nd half today, jeez Dice is playing some good ball, one of the key factors in the mini-resurgence, the front court looks to be nice and settled now with him in there over Johnson. Commentators mentioned Iverson would now be coming off the bench when he returns, is this confirmed anywhere?

and **** me Chauncey carries Denver, would be struggling big time if he went down.

duffer

Yeah the Big Mac pulled so many important boards down from anywhere and everywhere today. Won Detroit that game. Denver would've won if they had Carmelo though, Karl basically sacrificed a W to make a point to him for bitching after being benched.

The West is so tight now and Portland only half a game back of Denver in the Northwest decision, this is a pretty dire move from him. That said, Denver have a pretty low strength of schedule during the run in so they should be a homecourt team come playoffs. I hope.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Because mainstream analysts barely watch most of the games anyway and it's a bigger story to blame Iverson. He's a way bigger news draw than any of the other Pistons put together.
ok well i see that you have convinced yourself that is the case, i just don't see enough to buy that conspiracy theory...

duffer

Yeah let's just say they can't play with Iverson even though they showed earlier in the season that they could be a very good team with him in it.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah let's just say they can't play with Iverson even though they showed earlier in the season that they could be a very good team with him in it.
a few games during the regular season doesn't make a championship team or a contender or even an elite team...as long as you believe that the rest of the players tanked it deliberately while playing with him to skew the results, the above makes sense, for me it simply doesn't...the trade didn't make sense from the beginning from a quality improvement point-of-view and what has transpired since has just strengthened that feeling...

Hoggy31

International Captain
Clips!!! Back to full strength and owning the Cavs.

Anyone see Wade's buzzer-beater yesterday? Crazy.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
That was a heart breaking game for me. That's the second time this season Wade stole the game from us when we should've won. Serious contender for MVP though.

duffer

Haha, oh dear.
Yep, trust the Clippers to lose the unloseable game. Here's an article by Bill Simmons, a Clippers fan and ESPN columnist who describes what it's like to be a fan of the worst franchise in sports.

Honestly one of the funniest sports articles you can ever read, he brutalises Dunleavy, the players and entire organisation in a way you wouldn't believe. I almost felt sorry for their fans who shell out 12k for a season ticket to watch that rabble.

He has a great podcast too if anyone's interested.