• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
If Miami win the championship - which they probably will - then in a season Lebron has really enhanced his legacy. He carried Miami through both the regular season and the playoffs. Had big performances in crunch matches. Scored points in clutch times. Did it at both ends. Will surely be the finals MVP. Will be hard for his haters to muster any arguments.
Here's the thing. I hate the whole big 3 concept, at least the way the Heat did it, and want them to keep losing until Riley trades one of the three and builds a proper team. I don't like the shortcut mentality America is starting to succumb to, and to me this current Miami team is representation of that attitude, and them winning a validation of the idea.

But LeBron's pretty much been playing out of his mind at the biggest stage, and while it would be less than ideal for me to see the Heat win it all, I have no problem with LeBron getting a ring at this stage of his career. In fact, I would've been happy for him had it not been for the fact that it means ****ing Miami winning.

I think I can honestly say that the moves he made in 2010 disappointed me more than making me hate him, but I've always hated Wade and Miami, adding to my hatred towards the big 3 over the last two years.

I wouldn't do it if I was the Bulls. Tyreke and Rose wouldn't work imo.
Maybe. We really need another scorer though man.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Also, Harden has lost himself some money this series. He's been garbage, Westbrook and Durant can't do this alone.
How could you possibly make that statement now when he still has a year to go until RFA? The only way he loses money from this is if he repeats his performance next year. If they go all the way and he plays well next year, you think someone won't pay him max (he's not worth max, mind you, but he'll get it) because he stunk a year ago? Obviously not.

Have you watched any Tyreke at all since he was overhyped in his rookie season? Can't shoot beyond mid-range, has no ability to finish with his left, is a hot-head and requires the ball in his hands to start a possession 50 times a game to be any kind of effective scorer. You don't need the type of player he is, you need someone like Ray Allen was in his prime, or Reggie Miller. Someone who can absolutely fill it up with consistency without needing the ball in his hands for the first 15 seconds of every shot clock. These players are obviously rare but this is what you have to try and find.

Tyreke is not the answer, and giving up Deng to get him will severely hurt your defence. Deng makes your system work on the perimeter. Who guards Lebron in the playoffs? Tyreke!? That would end disgustingly bad. Your bigs would all end up in foul trouble from Lebron and Wade blowing by Evans, Hamilton and Rose.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How could you possibly make that statement now when he still has a year to go until RFA? The only way he loses money from this is if he repeats his performance next year. If they go all the way and he plays well next year, you think someone won't pay him max (he's not worth max, mind you, but he'll get it) because he stunk a year ago? Obviously not.
I think he's proving himself to be fools gold. When he's not getting any whistle, or isn't allowed to hack on D he's being exposed big time. MIami are closing out on him on D and pummelling him on offense. I know someone will offer him crazy money but it is insane the way he's being rated now. Not that good. The young SG's around now aren't a patch on the older ones.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I think he's proving himself to be fools gold. When he's not getting any whistle, or isn't allowed to hack on D he's being exposed big time. MIami are closing out on him on D and pummelling him on offense. I know someone will offer him crazy money but it is insane the way he's being rated now. Not that good. The young SG's around now aren't a patch on the older ones.
Yeah I don't disagree there, he lives and dies by the whistle and when the calls aren't going his way he loses his edge as a scorer. Plus he's a pretty average defender. But he still hasn't lost himself any money, someone will pay him something stupid. I still think EG is the best young shooting guard in the league, hopefully he can stay fit.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Here's the thing. I hate the whole big 3 concept, at least the way the Heat did it, and want them to keep losing until Riley trades one of the three and builds a proper team. I don't like the shortcut mentality America is starting to succumb to, and to me this current Miami team is representation of that attitude, and them winning a validation of the idea.

But LeBron's pretty much been playing out of his mind at the biggest stage, and while it would be less than ideal for me to see the Heat win it all, I have no problem with LeBron getting a ring at this stage of his career. In fact, I would've been happy for him had it not been for the fact that it means ****ing Miami winning.

I think I can honestly say that the moves he made in 2010 disappointed me more than making me hate him, but I've always hated Wade and Miami, adding to my hatred towards the big 3 over the last two years.

duffer

Yeah I don't disagree there, he lives and dies by the whistle and when the calls aren't going his way he loses his edge as a scorer. Plus he's a pretty average defender. But he still hasn't lost himself any money, someone will pay him something stupid. I still think EG is the best young shooting guard in the league, hopefully he can stay fit.
Gordon's in the same boat, good but not that good. SG unless a superstar pops out of the next couple of drafts is nothing special apart from the old brigade. Point and small forward are the strong positions in the NBA for the next few years.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I don't understand the post-game fashion. Honestly, the glasses (a variety have been worn) make them look like dickheads.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I don't understand the post-game fashion. Honestly, the glasses (a variety have been worn) make them look like dickheads.
Scottie used to pull the same **** at times, but it was funny cuz he would be the only one doing it. Now it's just cheesy as they're all doing it. Pretty sure KD started it a couple of years ago.

Also, and I know I can be biased against Miami, but how bad was the acting job LeBron did with that cramp? I mean, I'm sure he actually had a cramp, and you could tell from the way he was playing earlier in the quarter, but man did he try to sell it. Probably wanted it to be "the cramp" game.

P.S: Jono can **** off.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Have you watched any Tyreke at all since he was overhyped in his rookie season? Can't shoot beyond mid-range, has no ability to finish with his left, is a hot-head and requires the ball in his hands to start a possession 50 times a game to be any kind of effective scorer. You don't need the type of player he is, you need someone like Ray Allen was in his prime, or Reggie Miller. Someone who can absolutely fill it up with consistency without needing the ball in his hands for the first 15 seconds of every shot clock. These players are obviously rare but this is what you have to try and find.

Tyreke is not the answer, and giving up Deng to get him will severely hurt your defence. Deng makes your system work on the perimeter. Who guards Lebron in the playoffs? Tyreke!? That would end disgustingly bad. Your bigs would all end up in foul trouble from Lebron and Wade blowing by Evans, Hamilton and Rose.
Yeah I haven't watched much of him since his rookie year, but he seems like the type of player that would flourish in a good system with a good coach.

My thought process was that since we're most likely letting CJ and Korver go, we need to pad our 2 guard position more effectively. We'll resign Brewer and Taj, pick up an SF from the draft. Brewer and Taj can guard LeBron somewhat effectively, that not nearly as well as Lou.

That said, I'm all for not breaking up the core. But the rumors suggest we're pursuing this aggressively.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Avery Bradley anyone? Still maturing but he looks headed in the right direction. So much so it looks like Doc Rivers could let Ray Allen go. Committed to Boston though
Sometimes I think you have trouble reading English. This is one of those times.

Also, and I know I can be biased against Miami, but how bad was the acting job LeBron did with that cramp? I mean, I'm sure he actually had a cramp, and you could tell from the way he was playing earlier in the quarter, but man did he try to sell it. Probably wanted it to be "the cramp" game.
Ease up there Skip.

duffer

Lebron! So happy for him. The Thunder came up against their first elite defensive team this playoffs and look what happened. The Heat should add a centre with their MLE and re-inforce this team.