• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Riggins

International Captain
I prefer the heckling crowd interactions, like the dude behind the miami bench in boston shouting at mario chalmers the whole time out. "Mario, you are GOING to miss a big shot down the stretch." Then he misses the big shot down the stretch. Classic.

Fusion

Global Moderator
To clarify, I'm not sure whether the kid was genuinely yelling encouragement to the players or just massively trolling them. Either way, it was pure gold.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
It doesn't come naturally for this Celtics squad to win close out games, even if the one time won the championship they did it by totally blowing away the Lakers in a game 6
wow...the west won't be much of an upset whoever wins...but the celtics are doing great...however they have to win game 6 or miami will still take this...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Lebron needs help.
As much of an excuse this sounds like, it's true. He never should've teamed up with Wade. Put him and Bosh on a team with other players that complement LeBron's game instead of duplicating it, and the equation changes significantly. That said, Boston isn't in the clear. If they fail to close out the series on Thursday I fully expect Miami to win Game 7.
:laugh:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
It doesn't come naturally for this Celtics squad to win close out games, even if the one time won the championship they did it by totally blowing away the Lakers in a game 6
if they don't, miami will take it in 7...

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Someone out West needs to make a trade, or hope that Harden/Ibaka get offered money OKC can't match because this team as constructed is not going away for a long long time.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
As much of an excuse this sounds like, it's true. He never should've teamed up with Wade. Put him and Bosh on a team with other players that complement LeBron's game instead of duplicating it, and the equation changes significantly. That said, Boston isn't in the clear. If they fail to close out the series on Thursday I fully expect Miami to win Game 7.
:laugh:
Trade Wade and make a monster team around Lebron. They don't need two go-to guys. A deeper team, a more all-round team, and Miami are much better.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You could get Scola and Martin for Bosh from Houston, which would be a great deal. Then amnesty Miller, sign Marcus Camby and your rotation would be Chalmers-Wade-Lebron-Scola-Camby with Kevin Martin, Battier and Haslem coming off the bench. Much better.

Also, the talk of the Bosh/Gasol swap would be great for both teams. Miami get a post presence and LA lose no points but get Bynum more space and spread the floor. Win/win.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
We're pursuing Nash apparently. Makes a lot of sense as Rose is very doubtful for the next 12 months, and even when he does come back who knows how long he'll need to get back to his best. I'm thinking we can't really count on Rose to be anywhere close to where he was for at least two years.

P.S: Riley would never trade Wade.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't think Nash would be any good for you at all. Can't play a lick of defence, has no speed or athleticism. Your team is built around Rose, you'll be fine and make the playoffs but you wouldn't go anywhere with Nash. It doesn't make sense to me at all.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
My thinking was more along the lines of Nash coming off the bench when Rose comes back with Rose playing minutes at the 2 (a la Iverson). Might seem strange but I can really see Rose benefiting from playing off the ball.

We're also approaching Kidd apparently.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So apparently LeBron isn't keen on losing just yet, 30 at the Half with no other Heat player scoring more than 6, and they're up by 13. Fingers crossed they don't blow it from here...

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Lebron with 45-15-5. The first time that's happened in the NBA playoffs in 48 years - (Wilt 50-15-6). Just went out taking his ****ty teammates out of the equation.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
ead f000000linsssssssssssssss.

Oh, and I agree re: Nash and Rose playing minutes together, though I think Rose would be a poorer version of AI in that respect though. I think Rose needs the ball more to exploit his insane athleticism.