• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Haha, yup.

Old news I know but Bynum is a beast, and I'm starting to agree with Shaq that he's a truer 5 than Howard has ever been.

Fusion

Global Moderator
RIP to the defending champs. :( The most frustrating thing is, Cuban decided before the season even started that the title wasn't worth defending. Yeah I get the appeal of D-Will and Howard, but when you have a window of opportunity, you don't waste it. I loved how Bill Simmons summarized the situation on Grantland:

"OK, Dirk, here's the plan."

"I'm listening."

"We're throwing away our title defense. We're just going to put it in a Dumpster and smear it with dog feces. By the end of the regular season, Delonte West will be our third-best player, we'll be relying on an overweight Vince Carter, we'll have turned Tyson Chandler into a three-headed dose of mediocrity called Brendian Haywonimight, and unless Jason Terry is feeling it, you'll have to shoot every single time in the fourth quarter of every playoff game."

"Got it."

"We might win one game against Oklahoma City, that's it. Then you'll have the spring and summer off."

"Sounds good. One question: Why would we do this?"

"Because we want to sign Deron Williams this summer. This was the only way."

"Deron Williams … the guy who acted like such a dick in Utah that they flipped him into two top-three lottery picks and never looked back and since then he's been playing for a lottery team?"

"Yeah, that Deron Williams. Also, we have a 2.2 percent chance of getting Dwight Howard, too."

"Dwight Howard … the guy who's three months away from quitting on his team and needs season-ending back surgery?"

"Seriously? That's going to happen? How do you know this?"

"I just do."

"Crap."

"Any chance we can come up with another plan?"

(Dead silence.)

Oh well, nothing to do now but to root for a team, ANY team, to beat the Heat.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
OKC need to get by SA first. They have the team to beat Miami but I'm not sure about San Antonio.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
if the spurs are healthy, they are the deepest team and they have the best coach in the nba...duncan and pop definitely deserve a fifth title...

Fusion

Global Moderator
The Spurs are the Mavericks' biggest rivals but I have nothing but mad respect for them. That's a classy organization that knows how to win titles. I wouldn't mind Duncan winning one last title at all.

duffer

James Harden is going to cost the Thunder a lot in lux tax if they want to keep him. Boston, Dallas are going to offer him big money that will have to be matched. He's a great player now and fits like a glove with Westbrook and Durant. The Thunder are scary in that they can erase leads and go on runs themselves in a couple of minutes. You can't have a bad few possessions against them.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah this could be the year for them to win a chip. Can't wait for them to face off against SA.

Sorry fuse. Your boys fought hard!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
san antonio vs oklahoma city in the west and miami vs boston in the east is how i am seeing it right now...although indiana could give the heat a real run for their money...

duffer

The Bulls are going to become another 1 seed to go down. Incredible how much confidence they lost with Rose out, they should still be able to win.

Also anyone see this woman run onto the court during the Denver game screaming "Where's Kenyon." Apparently she was Kenyon's stalker in Denver and was banned from the building but somehow made it back tonight.

Tough loss for Denver, the refs in this series have been brutal. There was plain goonery from the Lakers tonight.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah the bulls should still be able to beat the 76rs without rose and noah, this has been a pretty bad performance from what is supposed to be one of the deepest teams in the league...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Tough loss for Denver, the refs in this series have been brutal. There was plain goonery from the Lakers tonight.
Man I was furious. Steve Kerr was just brushing off that screen/hip check from Pau on Gallo and it was pissing me off. He lifted his shoulder into his head ffs! If that happened to Steve Back in the day he'd have enjoyed a nice short coma for his troubles.

Oh and that chick running on was hilarious. She looked like she was on the drank, that for sure.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
yeah the bulls should still be able to beat the 76rs without rose and noah, this has been a pretty bad performance from what is supposed to be one of the deepest teams in the league...
I was very hopeful we'd make it past the sixers with Rose out, but when Noah went down I was pretty sure we were done. Couple of things to note 1) we had two advantages going in to this series against Philly. Rose and rebounding. We lost both advantages with Rose and Noah's injuries. This made the two teams pretty even, maybe even gave Philly the edge. 2) Rose and Noah are the two main guys on the team not just because of their talents and roles, but also because of their leadership and energy. No Rose meant no one keep Philly in check whenever they went on a run. No Noah meant no one to keep the team from falling into bad habits and stop playing with energy on both ends of the floor.

The team just played like they were so dejected in game 2 and it felt like they had no energy at all for the rest of the series. Sad way to go.

duffer

He's the only one who's been consistently more effective this season. Honorable mention to Westbrook.