• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GSW would win the trade if Bogut could stay healthy but him and Steph Curry on the same team is a disaster injury wise. Ellis and Jennings in the same backcourt is also a disaster as is sending Jackson back to the team he wanted out of desperately. Weird trade all around.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
And there goes D'Antoni. Early rumors state that he desperately wanted the FO to trade Melo for Deron. It'd have been a decent trade for them tbh, Pringles would get a lot out of that team with DWill at the point.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Rumors have Dwight Howard being traded to the Nets. If that does happen, I don't expect Deron Williams to bolt in free agency. There goes the Mavs' master plan of giving up this season to clear cap room and sign the two. It frustrates me to no end that we didn't even try to make a run this year by retaining Chandler/Barea/Stevenson. The window of opportunity for a championship run is so small in sports. I'm not saying the Mavs would've been favorites, but they would certainly be legitimate contenders with last year's roster largely intact. Instead, they hoped to sign super free-agents. Well as they say, hope is not a strategy.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Dwight is staying in ORL till next season. Really screws over the Nets IMO, and their panic move by trading a top 3 protected pick for Gerald Wallace isn't gonna make DWill stay there any longer.

Lakers finally get rid of Luke Walton for Ramon Sessions and Derek Fisher for Jordan Hill. Never thought much of Hill but decent moves overall. Doesn't change them significantly though.

Blazers just gave up Camby and Wallace for decent picks in a big draft. They're in a rebuilding mode around Aldridge and Batum it seems.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Young will fit in well with the Clippers? :/.

I'm not sure how you could say that. The first time CP3 sees him take in the inbounds, sprint up the court and jack up a contested deep three-pointer he's probably going to strangle him to death on the court.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The mentor angle is overplayed, Chris Paul is less than a month older than Young. Young is a shoot first, worry later kind of player and IMO not what they needed. It's better than what they had there (nothing) and might make them a better team short-term but not long term. They need a guy who will run through screens, spread the floor and catch-and-shoot, Nick Young is only one of those.

In the end they gave up nothing for something and that's always the right move, but I don't think it will take them anywhere.

Johnners

He'll become a free-agent at the end of the season though, so it's not like the Clippers are stuck with him, is a good deal for them imo.

Reckon the Nuggets got the better end of the deal re: Nene/McGee though. Nene is better than McGee at the moment, but will that still be the case in say 2/3 years given he's 30 now, and McGee just 24. Add to that the fact that fact that Nene has just signed a pretty hefty 5 year deal, and I can't figure out why exactly the Wizards, a rebuilding team, made the trade.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The main reason the Nuggets made the trade is because it allows them the cap room to almost immediately sign Wilson Chandler, which they will do within days.

Johnners

Ahh true, had forgotten about him. Just makes the trade even better for them.

Looks like we're set for another season for "Will he/Won't he" with Dwight next year as well, woo.

duffer

Lol, the Blazers blew it all up but still couldn't move Felton. Crawford would've been a good move as well for them. Wonder how LMA is going to play seeing his team destroyed right in front of his eyes. Gerald Wallace is a great fit next to DWill. Not sure if it convinces him to stay on but is a solid addition to the roster.

Georga Karl and Javale McGee in the same locker room though. He must've cried tears of joy when JR left town but now he has an even bigger problem and they just traded their star center for him. Haha, I hate the move for Denver but keeping Chandler is a plus move for them. Such a huge gamble though, McGee is so risky a player especially with such a scattergun roster. Just don't see what the plan is for the team to go up the next level, though trading your best away for a star was the big picture for them.