• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I just love how good Nuggets are this year after robbing the Knicks in the Melo trade. This NY scenario could not have been more comical for me.

That said, I remember being quite angry when we passed up D'Antoni to hire Vinny...
spike lee and jack nicholson are going to be really disappointed this season...:)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Sick of seeing Blake Griffin dunks where he doesn't actually dunk it. Preferred Lebron's yesterday tbbh. It's definitely not a top ten dunk of all time, I could probably name you ten off the top of my head that were better.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I take that first part back, his fingertips brushed the rim so I guess it counts. Still don't understand why everyone is saying it's a GOAT dunk, imagine if we had twitter at the 2000 Olympics...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Insert rant about Celtics putting together 4 game winning streak v. quality teams only to drop the ball versus Cleveland.[/end] :ranting:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
They played the Cavs twice. Lost at home, everybody made a big deal about the last second Jump shot Ray Allen missed, and then won the second game in Cleveland. Paul Pierce? making two free throws with 2 seconds left in the game to make it safe. They've since walloped Toronto to make it 6 wins in 7, mostly without Rondo.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Dirk looks horrible right now. His knee is obviously bothering him and I would be in favor of shutting him down for a month if need be to get him healed.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
They played the Cavs twice. Lost at home, everybody made a big deal about the last second Jump shot Ray Allen missed, and then won the second game in Cleveland. Paul Pierce? making two free throws with 2 seconds left in the game to make it safe. They've since walloped Toronto to make it 6 wins in 7, mostly without Rondo.
Ah, right.

Not as involved in the Celt news as I once used to be, but how do you feel about the rumor that the big three are on the table for younger talent? I think KG and Ray-Ray wouldn't hurt a Celtics fan as much as PP34. Thoughts?

Fusion

Global Moderator
How would you guys get in the playoffs then?

:ph34r:
They'll make the playoffs without Dirk. We just went 15-5 in January while battling injuries and playing great D (I really don't know how we're playing good D with Chandler gone, but I'm not complaining). We basically just need to be in playoff contention in March and then have Dirk and Kidd back, healhty, and fresh. As Dirk himself stated, no one in the West scares me (and that’s a feeling that probably all the top teams in the West share about each other). It's anyone's division right now.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Nah, was just joking. Dallas is still one of the better balanced teams in the league, and even without Dirk they'd at least be a low playoff seed.

BTW, I think its high time we start calling it the Gallo trade...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
That said, Wilson will get a big offer and with the cash the Nuggz splashed on Nene and Afflalo I don't know if they'll match his offer sheet. I hope they do but they might not. If they do, the core of Lawson, Afflalo, Chandler, Gallo, Nene, Mosgov with those other pieces around could get them far, though I don't think they could ever get over the hump of the Thunder unless on of Gallo, Lawson or Chandler goes to that next level.