• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Boozer verbally agreed an extension mid season with Cleveland then reneged and jumped ship once Utah flashed their **** at him. **** that guy, as big a mercenary as they come. Cleveland did what they could, they pandered to Lebron in every way possible and more or less gave him sign off on every trade they had coming in. Lebron played them and the two of those guys well and truly ****ed Cleveland over.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Lebron didn't **** Cleveland, he honored his contract (If I am not wrong twice) and in the free agency he chose a new team. I am not sure how that is **** Cleveland and comparable in anyway to what Boozer did.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Lebron didn't **** Cleveland, he honored his contract (If I am not wrong twice) and in the free agency he chose a new team. I am not sure how that is **** Cleveland and comparable in anyway to what Boozer did.
i agree...maybe the way he did it was crass and tasteless but nothing justifies the over-the-top reaction of the cavs fans especially that of dan gilbert...he is a professional sportsman and wants to win championship rings and realized that was not possible in cleveland so he moved elsewhere where he very likely will win multiple rings...get over it! this season just proved how much he had been carrying that team for the past 7 years...i am not his biggest fan and i think he has made a few blunders talking to the media, on twitter etc but to talk about him as if he is this huge traitor is such a load of crap...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Draft has been hilarious so far. Bobcats pass on their most needed position for a guy who's a worse scorer than me, Cavs taking Thompson about 10 places too high, Raptors fans all over the world in tears, there's nobody decent over 6'8' left for the Pistons so they have to take ANOTHER guard despite having one decent big man, Bucks taking on completely empty salary that will get them nowhere closer to a championship and barely into the 8th seed in the East. How good is this.

Johnners

Kemba to Sacramento makes them a must watch for me. Tyreke, Demarcus, Kemba. There's no way that's going to work well haha.
Nah Kemba's @ Charlotte yeah?

Thought the trade meant they kept 9th picked, and picked up the Kings pick at 7?

Massive lol at this comment though

jadande:
Kemba and Bismack...weren't they characters in The Lion King? [via Twitter]

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nah Kemba's @ Charlotte yeah?

Thought the trade meant they kept 9th picked, and picked up the Kings pick at 7?

Massive lol at this comment though
Nah you're right I just came back to correct it, oh well. Lost any interest in Kemba now he's at Charlotte, **** team, **** fans, ugly uniforms, what's to like?

Mister Wright

Would hope Bogut would do something similar, but given he is on big coin and coming off injury I doubt he will be given the same option.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Bogut's in talks with playing for the kings, word is it may cost them $500,000 just in insurance though so i have no idea how his contract would work and what he'd be payed.

videll

Cricket Spectator
It really is sad to know that the lockout seems to be the only thing for the NBA even with talks scheduled on a regular basis.

Though for basketball fans across the globe, they are given a great chance for players to fly to their countries and play with them locally.

It is a bit dangerous though as they are held accountable with whatever thing or accident that happens to them in transition as they are also locked out from health care.

duffer

Wasting a year of Bron's peak is what's really killing me about this lockout. Ah well, other sports to follow and all that.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Apparently their closer to a resolution, Roger Mason's the players vp he accidently tweeted things were going well, and apparently some players have said Fisher has smsd them to be ready for a season. Much more regular meetings taking place now too.

duffer

Will believe it when I see it. There's been enough activity from ballers going overseas recently to suggest to me it could yet be a while away. If the noises were so positive the moves overseas would be stopping dead in their tracks.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Most players have been saying October 1st is when they'll decide if their going overseas or not.
Talks fell apart though, word is Gilbert (cavs owner) and the suns owner weren't happy with the concessions the players gave but Stern was. Doesn't look good now.