Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 12 of 408 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 6106
Like Tree278Likes

Thread: ***Official NBA Thread***

  1. #166
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    16,070
    Was disappointed at the result but the Lakers just wanted this more. Gasol kicked ass at the end and he was the difference between the teams. Hoping the Cavs-Wizards game is a good one as well.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

  2. #167
    International Coach Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    13,389
    i like both teams but like l.a more...but this is just the lakers defending homecourt so they need to go to boston and do an encore to feel really confident about the rivalry...one good thing, the last two games showed a much improved defense from l.a, they however need to find some sort of consistency on defense, otherwise it will hurt them in the playoffs against teams like houston, the spurs, cleveland and the celtics...

  3. #168
    Hall of Fame Member duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    what is the meaning of this?
    Posts
    15,883
    Ugh was too messy to wake up for these games but I'd wager what Anil said was correct. Lakers needed this so much more than Boston. In my opinion they need to have homecourt come Finals time because I can't see them winning on the road in Boston. They were falling behind and even at this early stage of the season momentum could've seen Boston pull away big time.

    Just saw the ending to the Suns-Spurs game and wow that was bad defending by Hill and J-Rich for the winner, first for the blow by and then for Richardson coming over to help which in essence sacrificed a game tying 2 for a game winning 3. The sort of things you just can't teach and is the reason why the Suns won't get anywhere unless Kerr can pull the trigger on a deal which gets them players who want to and love to play D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

  4. #169
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    16,070
    Should draft me FFS.


  5. #170
    International Coach Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    13,389
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Just saw the ending to the Suns-Spurs game and wow that was bad defending by Hill and J-Rich for the winner, first for the blow by and then for Richardson coming over to help which in essence sacrificed a game tying 2 for a game winning 3. The sort of things you just can't teach and is the reason why the Suns won't get anywhere unless Kerr can pull the trigger on a deal which gets them players who want to and love to play D.
    yeah stoudemire's usual comment of "we played well enough to win" sounds more and more ridiculous as these kind of losses mount...the fact is they didn't have what it takes on the defensive end and it clearly showed down the stretch...phoenix may have very talented individuals in the team, but the spurs are a much more cohesive and better unit and they obviously have a far better coach as well...

  6. #171
    State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,246
    The refs swallowed their whistles in that LA/Boston game.

  7. #172
    Hall of Fame Member duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    what is the meaning of this?
    Posts
    15,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    yeah stoudemire's usual comment of "we played well enough to win" sounds more and more ridiculous as these kind of losses mount...the fact is they didn't have what it takes on the defensive end and it clearly showed down the stretch...phoenix may have very talented individuals in the team, but the spurs are a much more cohesive and better unit and they obviously have a far better coach as well...
    Ah didn't hear him say that. Stupid comment but Amare isn't really the brightest guy out there.The thing about the NBA is that it's such a ridiculously talented league that at least 85% of the games are still very much alive with a minute remaining.

    Shows that you can play well for 45-46 minutes but if you can't get execute on both ends of the floor at the end you're nothing. Case in point are the Timberwolves who've blown something like 11 leads already this season down the final stretch. Shows they are a decent team but can't get it done when it matters. Suns are probably the elite version of Minnesota.

  8. #173
    Hall of Fame Member duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    what is the meaning of this?
    Posts
    15,883
    Quote Originally Posted by ohtani's jacket View Post
    The refs swallowed their whistles in that LA/Boston game.
    Didn't see the game but that's good to hear for me. Games where more physicality is allowed flow better and have a lot more intensity which make them a million times more watchable. Would hope to see more of the same but then I see Kirilenko's ridiculous flop and Dirk getting ejected for his love slap on Harpring and I despair a bit.

  9. #174
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    16,070
    Allstar game starting line-up so far:

    East:

    Dwight Howard
    Kevin Garnett
    LeBron James
    Dwayne Wade
    Allen Iverson

    West:

    Yao Ming
    Tim Duncan
    Amare Stoudamire
    Kobe Bryant
    Chris Paul

    No sign of Rose yet.

  10. #175
    Hall of Fame Member duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    what is the meaning of this?
    Posts
    15,883
    No surprises with the fan voting so far. Real interest is seeing who the coaches vote in. Joe Johnson can't be left out this time for me, probably some others too but he's the main guy for me.

  11. #176
    State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Didn't see the game but that's good to hear for me. Games where more physicality is allowed flow better and have a lot more intensity which make them a million times more watchable. Would hope to see more of the same but then I see Kirilenko's ridiculous flop and Dirk getting ejected for his love slap on Harpring and I despair a bit.
    Maybe, but LA's "defence" was more like a group mugging. Nevertheless, the Celtics just annihilated the Kings by 45 points to get back in the wins column. I think they have the Cavs soon.

  12. #177
    International Coach Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    13,389
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Allstar game starting line-up so far:

    East:

    Dwight Howard
    Kevin Garnett
    LeBron James
    Dwayne Wade
    Allen Iverson

    West:

    Yao Ming
    Tim Duncan
    Amare Stoudamire
    Kobe Bryant
    Chris Paul

    No sign of Rose yet.
    iverson doesn't deserve to be in the starting lineup, that too as a point guard, he is not even running the offense for his own team, stuckey is...rondo should be in the starter's list...all other spots are well-deserved...rondo should be at least the reserve p.g from the east so rose will likely lose out this year...

  13. #178
    Hall of Fame Member duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    what is the meaning of this?
    Posts
    15,883
    A.I has done nothing but NBA want fan voting which means he'd make the starting lineup even if he was a cripple. Rondo will get voted in by the coaches so nothing to worry about really.

    EDIT: Unless they vote in Devin Harris instead I guess.
    Last edited by duffer; 28-12-2008 at 09:50 PM.

  14. #179
    International Coach Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    13,389
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    A.I has done nothing but NBA want fan voting which means he'd make the starting lineup even if he was a cripple.

    EDIT: Unless they vote in Devin Harris instead I guess.
    i know, just like how they voted for shaq as the starting center in the east the past two years(he turned it down last year)....he certainly didn't deserve to be selected on merit and he recognized it at least last year...

    and yes harris has a pretty good chance as well...

  15. #180
    International Coach Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    13,389
    Quote Originally Posted by ohtani's jacket View Post
    Maybe, but LA's "defence" was more like a group mugging.
    really! i saw the game and i thought they were physical but i actually felt they weren't physical enough when compared to a team like the celtics...



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •