• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would imagine it's game-over from the Celtics here. How many would've tipped at the start of the season that neither of last seasons finalists would make it to their respective conference finals!?

Oh, and what's not to love about Rondo, awesome performance considering his left arm is nigh-upon useless.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
it is going to be a possible rematch of the 2007(?) finals...the mavs vs the heat...of course the bulls and the thunder may have something to say about that...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
That was easily our best game of the series as far as everyone getting involved in the offense. Hope we can clinch it on Thursday and the Bos-Miami series goes 7. :p

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
it is going to be a possible rematch of the 2007(?) finals...the mavs vs the heat...of course the bulls and the thunder may have something to say about that...
Don't count out Grizznation, with that frontcourt and wing defence they're going to take some serious beating.

duffer

Man, I just don't know who's going to win the East now. Man, this is going to be an insane series. Ohmygod, ohmygod,ohmygod this is going to be huge.

Fwiw though, add me to the Mavcrew for the rest of the playoffs. Dirk and JKidd need rings before they're done. Two of my favourite players of the last decade. Such a shame Caron is injured, they'd be brutally tough to beat with him there.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Man, I just don't know who's going to win the East now. Man, this is going to be an insane series. Ohmygod, ohmygod,ohmygod this is going to be huge.
****, you think so? It's all I could think about the past few days, all the different matchups, who should guard who. ****ing start already.

I feel like whoever wins this series will win it all.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Bulls are the favorite IMO.
Not according to Las Vegas. I think we have a better chance than just about anybody in the league. It really all depends on how Boozer plays. If he can stay relevant all series long and keeps drawing the D, it could be over in 6. If Rose is forced to play 1 on 5 on offense, Heat in 6.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Until the Bulls win in Miami I wouldn't worry too much from a Heat perspective. The Bulls won't shoot that well from 3 all series. Spoelstra has to be worried about continuing to go small though, they got destroyed on the O-Board.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
We give Miami all kinds of matchup nightmares. I don't see the Heat controlling the boards at any point in this series unless they come up with something brilliant. Noah/Boozer/Taj/Asik against...Anthony/Magloire? Hell, I'll even throw in Deng while LeBron doesn't play in the post as much as he should.

This game was a rerun of game 6 against Atlanta. You'd have thought Spo was taking notes. Actually, aside from the bad matchups, the coaching between the two staffs was like night and day. This wasn't Miami going away from their offense and running iso after iso, this was Spo getting completely outcoached by Thibs.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
do they have a choice other than to go small most of the time? joel anthony and zydrunas ilgauskas can only do so much..

duffer

Their forward line has been a weakness for them all season, while Noah and Boozer have been beastly off the boards for their entire careers. No surprises there, what did surprise me was how easily contained Lebron was, Deng is a really underrated defender. Don't think he can contain him all series though, Bron and Wade will win at least one game each on their own. Just a matter if they have the chemistry to get two more wins against a more complete team with better chemistry.

Johnners

1st & 4th Pick for the Cavs!

How strong is the draft class? Have read varying reports suggesting it's weak/top 10 are ok but falls off dramatically after that?

duffer

Kyrie Irving then a crapshoot. A lot of guys with some upside but no guarantees after Kyrie. Meh draft, no season next year anyway.

edit: Heh, Mo Williams for the number 1 pick.

Last edited: