• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hornets won't give up Thornton cheap especially when the spotlight is on them for being owned by Stern and Lee isn't an upgrade by any stretch. Need to give up something to actually get something. A guy like Jax is really perfect.

duffer

Man, twitter has blown up with Melo stuff. Looks like he's gone in a 13 player trade with the Nets and Pistons. Nuggets and Pistons both make out of this deal really good imo.

duffer

Bloody hell, the Big 3 took 65 out of their teams 79 shots today and scored 96/107 points. Lmao, they probably wouldn't want Chauncey if NJ buy him out.

duffer

Now Melo just said 'I don't see it happenin' when asked about the trade. I'm going insane here. This **** is killing me, gah.

edit: I think this guys is going to hold them hostage now and demand a trade to the Knicks.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

It could be the end of the world. Floods in Brisbane/SEQ.

Also, Snow storm means the postponment of the Hawks v Bucks game in Atlanta!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
They've added a lot of salary on rapidly declining players who've been predominantly selfish and lazy on defence all their careers. It's a move that will hurt them at some stage man.

Might provide enough offence if it clicks to beat Miami and at a stretch Boston but to beat both and get over a Western team, most of whom are stacked with big front courts? They had to make a move at some point but felt this was pulling the trigger a bit too quick. I'm not even sure they are better after all that, now and they're certainly in cap hell very soon.
they are still a team with a bunch of shooters surrounding howard...can't see them getting past a healthy miami or boston...

duffer

The Heat are 8-8 against teams above .500 and 22-3 against teams below it. Not touching a healthy Boston.

Bosh is the biggest ***** in the league as well, guy gets scared everytime he gets put up against bangers. He took a couple of hits from Nene early, lo and behold he is against Martin for the rest of the game and even then he can't manup and post him up, instead relying on jumpers all day. Soft as ****.

duffer

Saw this article in the Denver Post. Tried linking it on another forum but lo and behold it got take down 3 minutes later. Anyways had the tab open and here it is:

Melo's tenure might be at an end
The forward's status in Denver might best be told by the half-price offers on his jerseys at the Pepsi Center.
By Benjamin Hochman
The Denver Post
Posted: 01/15/2011 09:59:08 PM MST

The explanation given at the Pepsi Center gift shops was "an excess of inventory," but it was a harbinger if there ever was one — Carmelo Anthony jerseys, 50 percent off.

It's quite possible that Melo played his last game at the Pepsi Center on Saturday night. No, Anthony has not officially said he would agree to a trade to New Jersey. But all this could happen within the week; Denver plays at San Antonio tonight and then comes back home Wednesday.

The plan remains for the Nuggets to cook up the deal, likely to the Nets, and present it to Anthony, who Saturday spoke about the Nuggets . . . and his future elsewhere.

Asked Saturday what it would take for him to sign a three-year extension, with any team, Melo said: "I got to feel like I have a chance of reaching my ultimate goal of a championship. Going to a bigger market is cool, but if I feel like I have a chance of winning a championship here in Denver in the next five years, then I'd sign the extension."

And, of course, he has not signed the extension. As for the three-year, $65 million contract extension — in an extend-and-trade — it's imperative. This gets Anthony the money he wants and gets Denver the most assets possible from the trade partner, which knows it would have Anthony secured for at least three years.

It's quite possible that Nuggets guard Chauncey Billups would be involved in the three-team trade to New Jersey, which would give Denver rookie Derrick Favors, sharpshooter Anthony Morrow, point guard Devin Harris, a couple of first-rounders and some throw-in players.

"Having Chauncey would help my chances (in winning a championship)," Anthony said Saturday. "Me and Chauncey, we talk about bringing a championship (to Denver). I don't just go out there to just play basketball, just to do it. Winning is on my mind.

"I want to see that parade go down Colfax and Speer. That was my dream. If I feel like I can't do that here, then I don't think this is the right thing to do."

The key word, of course, is "was" — as in, "that was my dream."

"It's just uncertainty in the future of the (Nuggets) organization," said Anthony, who is currently second in the Western Conference all-star voting for forwards. "A lot of things come into play — contracts and not knowing what's going to happen in the future. I'm going into my ninth season. I don't have time to waste. I want to see the light at the end of the tunnel in my future, and that light is a championship."

One wonders if the proposed contingency in New Jersey — Anthony, Billups, current Nets center Brook Lopez and Detroit's Richard Hamilton — could win said championship. But remember that Anthony's buddy Chris Paul, who is also represented by Anthony's agent Leon Rose, could be a free agent after next season.

Saturday, Melo seemed a little miffed about an ESPN feature that ran Friday. He told the network that his "ultimate dream" would be to play in New York. (All along, the Knicks have been his desired destination, though the Nets are moving to Brooklyn in 2012).

"After the whole interview I did, 20 minutes, the only thing that gets out — I said that it's anybody's ultimate dream to go back home and play," explained Anthony, who lived in New York until he was 9, then moved to Baltimore. "If anybody told you they didn't want to do that, they'd be lying to you. That's somebody's ultimate dream. Chauncey, his ultimate dream was to come back here and play in Denver."

He said the occasional boos at the Pepsi Center "come from conversations in barbershops or somewhere. They see that on ESPN, my ultimate dream is to go to New York, and they say, 'Oh, Melo wants to leave, Melo doesn't like Denver, Melo hates us' — and that's never the fact.

"We've had multiple division titles, went to the Western Conference finals, never missed a playoffs — there's been a lot of success. People live in the now, though."

And right now, whether it was a jersey, T-shirt or youth jerseys, most Melo gear at the Pepsi Center has been marked down, while gear featuring other Denver players remained at full price.

"My ultimate goal at the end of the day is to win a championship, whether I feel I can do that here or go somewhere else," Anthony said. "At the end of the day, you have to make that decision of what's best for you and your career. Right now, whatever decision I make will be what's best for me. . . . Still, I have a chance to win a championship and make less money, I don't have a problem with that."

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Just give Blake Griffin the ROY award already. What a guy. Clippers fast becoming my favorite team in the West (now that the Nuggets and Suns have been ****ed around with).

Oh and in case no one noticed, DRose > you.

EDIT: NBA League Pass has free preview for the week if anyone wants to watch.

Last edited:

duffer

Just saw Blake Griffin play for the first time in yonks. Guy is averaging 16/13 shooting 74% for the pre-season. Between him and Wall for ROY this time around. So going to watch some Clippers games this season. This guy is the ****.
Yeah the Clippers are the show right now. Gordon and Griffin are All-Stars and maybe superstars one day, Aminu and Bledsoe look like they will be really solid and Baron is back from the dead thanks to Blake. If Kaman can come back and be half as worthwhile as what these guys are paying them they're going to get good. No injuries please.

duffer

'melo not moving to new jersey...much ado about nothing...
He said "I'm a Denver Nugget" after the game and got booed out of the building. Then the interviewer said enough of the boos lets show some love for Melo and the whole place went quiet.

This bloke just strung along his front office, NJ, Detroit, Portland, Utah and Charlotte with no intention of signing for the Nets. All those guys who had to deal with rumours of them being traded, most general managers in the NBA and most fans (apart from Knicks ones) are starting to really hate the guy.

Melo has to sign an extension at some point because there is no way he goes into the lockout with no team to play on and no guaranteed max money. Trade his ass off to Minny or somewhere and watch the guy squirm. Was one of my favourite players too, could watch him splash jumpers all day. Seeing him go down the Vince Carter route is horrible.